(Topic ID: 242640)

What do you guys do that you can afford pinball?

By Trooper11040

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 448 posts
  • 266 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by irobot
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

81420142222110 (resized).jpg
    Chart (resized).png
    FDE99495-F8E6-4A65-8BD1-6DA80A8C28B5 (resized).png
    cans (resized).jpg
    20190527_134402 (resized).png
    ted van gogh U (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190514-185248_Gallery (resized).jpg
    8B5CC1C3-A7F9-43F3-82A0-404B76E7F5AD (resized).jpeg
    39B8A5FB-D35C-4FB2-AA2F-ED1DE52F23D7 (resized).jpeg
    modeling (resized).jpg
    F9532CF1-2A68-4908-9AB6-38E0759BB381 (resized).jpeg
    80628117-6CFB-472C-B267-4CC01EFC99BA (resized).jpeg
    41P57DEZ44L.jpg
    IMG_1953 (resized).PNG
    CT 1 (resized).jpg
    375F0834-0EF6-4F81-9AD0-C89E1E2D1EFA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 4 years ago

My answer to the OP is, I didn't have any kids. No weddings or college educations to pay for. No debt and no foolish mortgages! I was pretty frugal and didn't buy pins until my early 50's and then bought an old beater and restored it. Then another. Now I finally bought a NIB...ACNC and am still waiting for it. And I have nothing against having kids. So please don't flame me for it. All decisions in life have consequences. Having no kids does too. Point being, I can afford it now.

#421 4 years ago

#422 4 years ago
    Quoted from rattmuscle:

I'm a HVAC tech with a 40+ job in the summer and 50+ hours in the winter. Lots of on call and overtime hours. My wife is a RN and she gets overtime also. We've lived below our means and have done good overall. Our overtime money goes to pinball or house repairs if they pop up. This has ended up with us having 17 pins that we bought over several years and 4 snowmobiles which is my other hobby.

That's what I did. Went to school for it. Earned an AAS in HVACR. Then eventually got on with a Natural Gas utility. 29 years in now. Wife also works at the hospital, but not a nurse. Lots of on call and O.T as well. Being on call sucks!!!!!!! Now I work in the transportation and storage division. No more on call!

#424 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

On call truly sucks alright.

Yup, people think you're the Maytag man just anxiously waiting for some bull shit call at 3AM on a work night! Example: I smells gas!!! It's 2:00AM Monday night in a thunderstorm! So you drag your ass out of bed and when you get there they tell you, "ya, I've been smelling it for 3 months now." Then you discover that their cat pissed on the floor! I have hundreds of such stories! Thus my move to a better position for mental health reasons mostly. There wasn't enough Zoloft in the state of Michigan Sorry for the rant! It's really much worse in reality.

2 weeks later
    #429 4 years ago
    Quoted from okgrak:

Why not add a poll to this thread to get an idea of income brackets for the hardcore pinheads here. It would be anonymous I'm assuming and would be interesting to see.

I doubt many people want to disclose their incomes. I could be wrong.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-guys-do-that-you-can-afford-pinball?tu=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.