Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pintucky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
    IMG_0805 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0804 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0803 (resized).JPG
    il_570xN.791128158_l0ef (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    7bed56f2e63b22fb0db46efc035caffc0d76d03fdd15e0256b98eab999ddfa6a (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Gumball (resized).jpg
    IMG_5797 (resized).JPG
    s13 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

I'm planning to recycle used balls into door/drawer pulls. For the project I need 20 used balls. Is there a used ball resale site? Do you just keep a fishbowl with old balls? What are you doing with your used balls, inquiring minds want to know.

s13 (resized).JPGs13 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Every New Years Eve I host a mini pinball tournament for my friends. I hot glue old balls onto a stained wood base and make trophies out of them.

IMG_5797 (resized).JPGIMG_5797 (resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago

Gumball (resized).jpgGumball (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6 7 years ago

Put 'em in a sock and call it the Happy Slapper.

#7 7 years ago

Put them in a full size gumball machine (not a Roadrunner) for gifts and creative gameroom decoration.
    One globe holds around 100 balls or so, but do not expect to move it after it is full.
    You can actually get mechs that are larger for the 1 1/16" balls, and use it as a regular coin operated device for a quarter.
    It is very hard hard to turn the mech handle due to weight, and is easier to just open the top.
    Just hand the guest a quarter, and watch their face.

Since the round globes are PETG for modern Beaver dispensers, you do not need to worry about them breaking (very important!!!).
    I have done this technique since around 1997 or thereabouts.

If a person needs more used balls, go to a bottling factory shop.
    They regularly maintenance the machines, and end up throwing away hundreds every year.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If a person needs more used balls, go to bottling factory shop.

Tried googling Bottle Factory Shop and no joy.
    do you have a URL for this place?

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Tried googling Bottle Factory Shop and no joy.
    do you have a URL for this place?

This is not a single place, but the industry.
    Soft drink manufacturing.
    Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, RC Cola, etc.
    They use a lot ball of bearings in the roller assemblies for the bottles.
    Sometimes you can make friends and get a bunch of old bearings.
    They may not be 1 1/16" though.

#10 7 years ago

7bed56f2e63b22fb0db46efc035caffc0d76d03fdd15e0256b98eab999ddfa6a (resized).jpg7bed56f2e63b22fb0db46efc035caffc0d76d03fdd15e0256b98eab999ddfa6a (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

Repackage and sell them on the Internet as Ben Wa balls!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#12 7 years ago

Holy shit I was going to take a picture of mine but it looks exactly like that.

#13 7 years ago

Personally, after I've used my balls, I wash them gently with soap and water, dry them and then stuff them back into my underwear!

Seriously, how do you make a drawer knob? You drill a screw hole in 'em?

Mike in Kentucky

#14 7 years ago

I would like to toss them over my shoulder from the motorcycle when people tailgate me....but they would probably hit unintended targets too.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Personally, after I've used my balls, I wash them gently with soap and water, dry them and then stuff them back into my underwear!
    Seriously, how do you make a drawer knob? You drill a screw hole in 'em?
    Mike in Kentucky

That's a good way if you've got the setup to drill and thread them. What I am planning is to get cupped standoffs and glue them on. Like what is below or something similar.

il_570xN.791128158_l0ef (resized).jpgil_570xN.791128158_l0ef (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago

You must really have a lot of balls to come in here and start a thread like this!

#17 7 years ago

I usually keep them until I am sick of looking at them and then I put them under my deck for a future generation to find.

#18 7 years ago

I was waiting for it, but didn't see it yet. I will do the common reply:

"Keep them in my wife's purse."

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Meloyelo51:

You must really have a lot of balls to come in here and start a thread like this!

Sometimes I wonder if I have inadvertently stumbled onto pUnside.com

#20 7 years ago

I bring them on vacation and scatter them around the beach. Then watch the metal detector people ride the emotional roller coaster.

I actually haven't done this but I think I might start.

#21 7 years ago

If they are not in bad shape I throw them in my tumbler. 24 hours later some of them are looking like almost new. The ones that are still scratched up go to my towns metal recycling operation.

#22 7 years ago

I use them in my wrist rocket to knock squirrels out of my trees. Just kidding I put them in a gumball machine as well.

#23 7 years ago

Being into EMs and the machines that I have picked up had been sitting for years/decades so
    most of the balls I just tossed. But these 3 I used to make holders for the pool beads (numbers)
    for when shooting straight pool. The first took only one bit (3/16), but the other two took 2 bits
    each. Those balls are tough to drill through.. (T)

IMG_0803 (resized).JPGIMG_0803 (resized).JPG

IMG_0804 (resized).JPGIMG_0804 (resized).JPG

IMG_0805 (resized).JPGIMG_0805 (resized).JPG

#24 7 years ago

i tumble them. most of them come up good to go.. any that dont go in the scrap metal bin

#25 7 years ago

I send them back to Stern so they can be recycled.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

What I am planning is to get cupped standoffs and glue them on.

Excellent idea! Thanks for explaining and the photo.

Mike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-do-with-your-used-balls?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.