Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fireball2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3428 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3422 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1781sm (resized).jpg
    IMG_6448 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6445 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6442 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3237 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3802 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3350 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6710 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6709 (resized).JPG
    20170821_160047 (resized).jpg
    20151031_181101 (resized).jpg
    20151031_183623 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4933 (resized).JPG
    60212D4C-B30D-47F0-A3DD-C14A1BA928CE (resized).jpg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

I play them and basically overprotect them. I have always wanted to take one out to the sidewalk on Halloween and always find an excuse to keep them inside

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

(my wife teases me and says its NOT from Pinball!)

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

vdrums We don't move machines. I have a warehouse where we play music and pinball. It has 16 machines. Another guy has 9 or 10 in his garage, and etc. We just meet at a different spot each week depending on who has a new game or whose wife is out of town, etc. We all live within 15-20 minutes of each other; in fact I ride my bike to two of our locations. We just try to coordinate when we pick up machines... there's no need for me to be looking for a Mars Trek any more, because one of the other guys just picked one up cheap that I am helping him fix. I'll get to play it every week now, if not more.
    Eventually we hope to rent a place for all of us to combine most of our machines in a central location. Then we would work out a deal for rent and repairs and changing up the collection. Then we could also open things up for party rentals and suchlike.

Add this to my list of reasons for wanting to move to your town!

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Take them to TPF..
    Though frankly, I'm hoping that Metallica, Farfalla, and WPT sell soon.

To fund????

#55 6 years ago

My financial freedom. =|

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

But just today, I set up a game in the garage because it's being sold. The neighbors heard the chimes and came over to play. It was a really nice experience to share a small slice of my hobby with them!

Same here, I really get just as much joy out of watching others enjoy the games I love as I do from actually playing myself.

#57 6 years ago

This might not be a popular answer but I am selling them. I bought a new boat so I need cash so I have sold 3 probably 4th on the way out this weekend. Also I think I have reached the more is not always better stage of
    The hobby. Once things settle I might bring back 1 or 2 like a cherry LOTR and DI but for now consolidation.

#58 6 years ago

I typically only play 3 or so pins regularly at a time. Generally it's the newest game I've added and a couple more I'm playing that I'm in the mood for. I rotate around my collection and for me, it keeps everything fresh.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

And once in a while I get the drunk guy that wont leave.

All you have to do is say GET OUT and I will leave.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

All you have to do is say GET OUT and I will leave.

I'll remember that come next year. That is if you go to the York show. I'm 35 minutes from the show and hope to have a few pinsiders over. Wanted to do something this year but still not set up to host a party. Fingers crossed for next year.

#61 6 years ago

Mine sit unplayed most of the time. They get played at parties, but the vids get more play than the pins. I get requests from pin people to come over and play once in a while, but scheduling never seems to work out. When I have time to play, it seems that no one else does.

A few years ago, I would post on fb when I went out to the garage to play. I may start that up again. Planning a time just doesn't seem to work.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I always thought a good EM project would be a good way for the kids to learn simple principles in electronics, and they could stick it next to the tarcade.

I am doing something similar with a high school engineering class and a couple of machines.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

A few years ago, I would post on fb when I went out to the garage to play. I may start that up again. Planning a time just doesn't seem to work.

We have a group PM set up on FB.If I have free time to play I can send a message out and everyone receives it.

#64 6 years ago

Mine don't get played as much as they should, when they were out in my living area they got more casual play but since moving them into their own room they get forgotten more and more.

#65 6 years ago

Fix em, play em. Haven't had people over in a while due to a newborn, but a couple of people drop by semi regularly. (Even though I'm not playing much anymore at the moment. I get far more enjoyment fixing them for myself and others.)

Really need to get funds to do the garage and get all the games out there.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Every Halloween I open up the game room to the neighborhood. I place a couple of pins in the driveway for eye candy. Last year it was The Hobbit LE & a HEP AFM in the driveway. Lol. I also hand out bags of popcorn from the popcorn machine.
    It's been a huge hit!

Very unusual to see the guy in green in your 2nd photo without a beer in his hand....

#67 6 years ago

Besides playing them at home, we take a few of our machines to both of our local shows (CLE PIN and Ohio Show). Also, in the past year, I have convinced my boss to let me bring a couple machines in to work and set them up in our meeting room. Works great if I need a quick fix on my lunch break

We will be bringing Nip-it, Big Indian, and Amigo to this upcoming CLE PIN show. Gotta represent the EM's!!

#68 6 years ago

I try and host a party every Friday night for my friends(not so much in the summer)

IMG_3422 (resized).JPGIMG_3422 (resized).JPG

IMG_3428 (resized).JPGIMG_3428 (resized).JPG

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I try and host a party every Friday night for my friends(not so much in the summer)

Nice lineup! No doubt your friends enjoy coming over to play some great pins.

#70 6 years ago

We play em'!! That's what they are made for right...also like to customize and restore the older ones as well. Hubby and I play pinball pretty much everyday. We alternate what we play depending on our mood, last night was a mixed bag (so to speak) I started with Aerosmith, then we played Star Wars, then moved downstairs to play Jungle Lord, Warlok, Catacomb and Fathom...then we came back upstairs and played Metallica. Then hubby played 1 more game of Star Wars so he could try to beat Jedi MB again...(almost got to it for the 2nd character just needed EFBF..) He wonders why I don't like to play that one with him!!! LOL!! We also share them by taking them to shows so others can play them, or have parties and tournaments at our house. We also participate in our Cincy Pinball League, so we host league sessions at our place as well.

Phoebe

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Mine don't get played as much as they should, when they were out in my living area they got more casual play but since moving them into their own room they get forgotten more and more.

Same here,ever since I made a game room it seems more of a job to go turn them on and play than just walking by one and playing a quick game. Perhaps its time to start selling.

#72 6 years ago

I also always bring machines to a couple of shows a year: CalExtreme and PAGG and (not soon enough) Pin-a-Lo-Di (Golden State Pinball).

#73 6 years ago

I need to get myself invited to one of these pin parties haha!

#74 6 years ago

I play them a lot, often while playing I notice some new nagging little thing and spend the next 15-90 minutes addressing said nagging little thing. Then I usually play some more and notice some other new nagging little thing. Sometimes I like working on them as much as playing them. We also host our NKY league one session and I'm very happy to say that whenever we have family parties they get played a lot, especially by the kids. This past weekend my nieces and nephews ages 6-13 played a lot of pinball during breaks from the pool. I wish I had more room to hold more games and invite more people to pin parties!

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I play them a lot, often while playing I notice some new nagging little thing and spend the next 15-90 minutes addressing said nagging little thing. Then I usually play some more and notice some other new nagging little thing. Sometimes I like working on them as much as playing them.

This! So this.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-do-with-your-collection/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.