• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you do with the old DMD....?”

• Stuff them in a box and wait for another DMD to die and use them for temp replacements? 9 votes
    26%
  • Stuff them in a box and wait to forget about them? 8 votes
    23%
  • Sell them in the marketplace? 6 votes
    17%
  • How should I know. ColorDMDs are an expensive toy for an already expensive toy. I don't use them. 1 vote
    3%
  • Stuff them in a box and put them back in when you sell, so you can use the color in a new game. 11 votes
    31%

(35 votes)

#1 5 months ago

The topic pretty much spells it out. I just ordered two ColorDMDs for my ST and GB. So what do you do with the originals?

#2 5 months ago

I just sold 7 through Pinside. People seem to ask around $100 each typically if they work. Think I sold the 7 for like $550 shipped

#3 5 months ago

None of the above. I keep them, and when I sell the machine I swap the old DMD back in and keep the ColorDMD for something else. If the buyer wants the ColorDMD and pays for it, I throw in the old DMD with the pin so they have the same option when they go to sell.

#4 5 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

None of the above. I keep them, and when I sell the machine I swap the old DMD back in and keep the ColorDMD for something else. If the buyer wants the ColorDMD and pays for it, I throw in the old DMD with the pin so they have the same option when they go to sell.

I never thought of this, but I think it will be hard to beat for the best option. However, it may translate into leaving it in a box and forgetting about it, because I'm not looking to sell anything anytime soon. I like the option of not having to buy another for a new game if one does go.

.....added this option to the poll.

#5 5 months ago

Well I have a somewhat related question. What do you do with a DMD that is starting to outgas? I really don't want to throw it in the trash but can I recycle it?

#6 5 months ago

I kept my newest/nicest DMD as a spare and sold the rest (at $100US per unit shipped).

#7 5 months ago

All of the above. I've held onto some for testing purposes. I've sold some. I used to pull a ColorDMD when selling a game, but now I hang onto them all.

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yep

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 49.95
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
$ 12.99
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
8,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside