(Topic ID: 183759)

What do you do for a living

By gregfilek

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1202 (resized).jpeg
    0EE5013D-1126-4302-B681-CBB4939A1DEF (resized).jpeg
    7D4B12D8-52B5-43BB-AB64-F5FF318D0D1C (resized).jpeg
    EBBCB3AE-F36A-4F68-8031-B143A7D15D27 (resized).png
    IMG_20191205_105516405_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpg
    Austin Powers Not Mine (resized).png
    IMG_6434[1] (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    architect (resized).jpg
    8F8B02FC-FB88-4273-A4AA-FA770D1F454F (resized).jpeg
    3FB2E8C5-BB16-4280-B5A2-A340136F6469 (resized).jpeg
    7656EF22-66C2-4681-BC36-8780CE958EF8 (resized).jpeg
    CFDE8F3A-ADA9-4C13-B9AC-7F1A5EB7C2FF (resized).jpeg
    63F92465-7D80-4DFF-9BB4-9609E99EF128 (resized).jpeg
    8846A7A5-EB68-4FF0-9886-B8C68267E853 (resized).jpeg
    54336895-07C7-416C-96FE-D68591D5D6E7 (resized).jpeg
    There are 921 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 19.
    #51 7 years ago

Locomotive engineer for a class I railroad.

#52 7 years ago

Test engineer and quality control for a company that makes professional audio products for the radio industry.

#53 7 years ago

Art Director in advertising.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Better left unsaid, but you have all seen me at sometime, I am global

Better left unsaid... have all seen you... global... must be Justin Bieber

Bieber-1 (resized).jpgBieber-1 (resized).jpg

#55 7 years ago

Was an Electronics Technician for Ford MoCo for 20 years before they decided to pull out of the US. Now I'm a Controls Technician for a major Medical Device company for the past 10 years.

#56 7 years ago

Software sales executive focused on governmental sales.

#57 7 years ago

Where my CPAs at?? (Certified Public Accountant)

Been in public accounting in the cincinnati area for about 10 years.

Hardest thing I've ever had to do is get those three letters tacked onto my name.

If you need tax help ask my wife (she's a CPA too)

If you need a controller, call me. Haha

#58 7 years ago

I make cabinet and house doors in an amish community. Yes I was offended by Tommy's views toward the Amish.

#59 7 years ago

I'm a college trades instructor up in Manitoba, Canada and a Carpenter by trade. It's an amazing job where I get to meet new groups of students every few months. I always mention I'm a pinhead during my class introduction and explain that it won't get ya better marks but if you have any pins for sale, I'm all ears. In my 3 years of teaching I've purchased a Marilyn Taxi and a Williams Joust (believe it or not) from students!! It's also really cool that my "big boss" at the college (the Dean of Construction Trades) is a fellow pinhead that owns 6 machines!

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from erico201:

I'm a college trades instructor up in Manitoba, Canada and a Carpenter by trade. It's an amazing job where I get to meet new groups of students every few months. I always mention I'm a pinhead during my class introduction and explain that it won't get ya better marks but if you have any pins for sale, I'm all ears. In my 3 years of teaching I've purchased a Marilyn Taxi and a Williams Joust (believe it or not) from students!! It's also really cool that my "big boss" at the college (the Dean of Construction Trades) is a fellow pinhead that owns 6 machines!

Haha. It's crazy how you'll meet other pinball owners in the craziest places. I was with one of our partners at a happy hour and found out they have had a pinball machine in their basement forever. First they got a starship Troopers then in the early 2000s they bought a TSPP new in box! I was so jealous. He also said in the 10 years they had the TSPP they didn't take off the glass once. Haha. I can't imagine how dirty that thing was.

#61 7 years ago

Quantity Surveyor (brick counter)

#62 7 years ago

I design and build things. Some of the things are good (in my view) and some are for pinball. When pinball and "good" intersect I offer the things for sale on my website - http://www.kahr.us.

Here's an example from January of something that is not for pinball: we bought a Dell monitor that is not wall-mount compatible. I designed a replacement for the base of the stand that sits on the backsplash of our desk and is held to the wall by three screws. The monitor's angle can be adjusted just as if it were still on the factory desk stand, but we don't have that stand taking up the real estate the size of a sheet of paper. It scores in my "good" evaluation, but I don't believe there's mass appeal - and it's certainly not relevant to pinball.

IMG_1628 (resized).JPGIMG_1628 (resized).JPG

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kit

#63 7 years ago

I am an Emergency Medicine Physician and I have a subspecialty in Medical Toxicology.

#64 7 years ago

Civil engineer at a consulting firm.
    I design and oversee construction of public and private facilities. That includes all sorts of water, sewer, storm drainage, roadway, and parking projects. We also work on industrial, commercial, retail, and residential development from single building site plans to subdivision development.

#65 7 years ago

Electrician at a Factory. PLC's, Robots, Control Wiring, etc. I guess that is why I love working on Pinball Machines

#66 7 years ago

"Sr. Consulting Engineer/Collaboration Engineering Manager"

I and my team design and build enterprise-level Cisco voice/video over IP networks. Been doing the same thing since 1999. Very cool job overall.

#67 7 years ago

Pharmathist

IMG_0132 (resized).JPGIMG_0132 (resized).JPG

#68 7 years ago

I own a custom graphics and sign installation company. Currently employ 8 installers. We specialize in full vehicle wraps and stadium graphics for sports teams like the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, and the Toronto Blue Jays. And yes, have no problem installing pin cabinet graphics..

#69 7 years ago

Retired State Law Enforcement of 25 years, and over 25 years simultaneously as a fire-medic and eventual Fire Chief in a Suburban Department. Currently a General Manager of a large data center that services the gambling industry.

#70 7 years ago

I'm a IBEW lineman. I keep the electricity flowing to everyone's cities and homes. I hold 12,000 volts in my hands daily but working on my pins scares me more.

#71 7 years ago

Commercial architect - primarily interior corporate office space and office buildings, building renovations, repositioning, etc.

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I'm a IBEW lineman.

Your Pinside handle fits!
    faz

#73 7 years ago

Lean process improvement coach, working mostly with hospitals. I've been in just about every major non-clinical role there is in healthcare over a 30+ year career.

#74 7 years ago

Pilot for a major US airline.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Better left unsaid, but you have all seen me at sometime, I am global

W00t! The Wolverine is a pinhead!

#76 7 years ago

I'm in technology. I deal with cloud architecture and pretty much anything delivered "as-a-service".

"Senior Staff Engineer" is my current title, for whatever that's worth.

#77 7 years ago

I am a National Account Manager for a company that digitizes Vital and Land Records for County Governments. I territory is every state east of the Mississippi River.

#78 7 years ago

(currently) Business Analyst. Watch the movie Office Space. I am pretty much exactly Ron Livingston.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Serving this amazing country. 8 years down. 12 to go.

Thank you

#80 7 years ago

Group Operations Manager for a somewhat niche medical imaging company - we provide open and upright MRI for patients who are either too claustrophobic/obese for a traditional supine scanner, or patients who need weight bearing or positional/dynamic MRI studies. Healthcare is an interesting environment to work in and there will always be a need for it.

#81 7 years ago

I'm Frieda's boss.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I write software for various federal defense, security and intelligence agencies.

I heard the Russians are looking for you!

#83 7 years ago

I have been in automotive industry my whole life, mostly repair. Got tired of working for other people, no, actually couldn't stand working for other people anymore, and opened my own repair facility(with a free play arcade) about a year ago.

#84 7 years ago

I am a senior cad designer for SAF/Holland....I design the large 5th wheel hitches for the semi-trucks that haul our new pins across the country.

#85 7 years ago

I write analysis software for rocket scientists.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

(currently) Business Analyst. Watch the movie Office Space. I am pretty much exactly Ron Livingston.

20170315_093658 (resized).jpg20170315_093658 (resized).jpg

#87 7 years ago

I'm Ryan Adams.

Just kidding.

I'm the creative director at an editorial post post production house. Mostly Adobe After Effects stuff.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Locomotive engineer for a class I railroad.

Whaaaaaaaa???

Not that this thread is any kind of competition, but if it were, you won it!

#89 7 years ago

Was in the Towing business for 16 years, got rid of it. Now i just hang out and bitch & complain.

#90 7 years ago

Elevator construction and repair

FB_IMG_1489585768640 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1489585768640 (resized).jpg

#91 7 years ago

Software.. embedded/RTOS mostly, used to be UAVs, now medical devices. Looking to change it up again if people have ideas

#92 7 years ago

I'm a gynecologist, used to be a proctologist, but needed a change of scenery.

#93 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I'm an overpaid liability that complains, gossips & always passes the buck

That's an extremely competitive field. Congratulations on being a survivor.

#94 7 years ago

I am a Union Sheet metal Mechanic for local 268 . fixing thing has always made feel good . Love this shit

#95 7 years ago

Packaging Engineer at Hormel foods.

#96 7 years ago

Engineering Technician working on the Global Hawk UAV comm systems.

#97 7 years ago

Electrical engineer that primarily designs medium voltage (<13,800V) to low voltage (480/277/208/120V) distribution systems for medical buildings and hospitals. Everything from power distribution to lighting. This is year 29.

Quoted from RCA1:

Civil engineer at a consulting firm.

Hey! I've worked on a project with you. Never knew until after that project you were a collector too. I did enjoy working on that water facility. It was a fun project and I don't say that too often.

#98 7 years ago

We have a lot of smart people here!

Who woulda known.....

#99 7 years ago

Autobody repair Tech. Retired, and grumpy

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

I am a senior cad designer for SAF/Holland....I design the large 5th wheel hitches for the semi-trucks that haul our new pins across the country.

Say hello to your super Account Manager Randy L. for me!

There are 921 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-do-for-a-living/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.