(Topic ID: 183759)

What do you do for a living

By gregfilek

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1202 (resized).jpeg
    0EE5013D-1126-4302-B681-CBB4939A1DEF (resized).jpeg
    7D4B12D8-52B5-43BB-AB64-F5FF318D0D1C (resized).jpeg
    EBBCB3AE-F36A-4F68-8031-B143A7D15D27 (resized).png
    IMG_20191205_105516405_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpg
    Austin Powers Not Mine (resized).png
    IMG_6434[1] (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    architect (resized).jpg
    8F8B02FC-FB88-4273-A4AA-FA770D1F454F (resized).jpeg
    3FB2E8C5-BB16-4280-B5A2-A340136F6469 (resized).jpeg
    7656EF22-66C2-4681-BC36-8780CE958EF8 (resized).jpeg
    CFDE8F3A-ADA9-4C13-B9AC-7F1A5EB7C2FF (resized).jpeg
    63F92465-7D80-4DFF-9BB4-9609E99EF128 (resized).jpeg
    8846A7A5-EB68-4FF0-9886-B8C68267E853 (resized).jpeg
    54336895-07C7-416C-96FE-D68591D5D6E7 (resized).jpeg
    There are 921 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 19.
    #451 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

Testing This....

isn't cool Art!

Thats Boobs!....he brushes his teeth with it!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#452 7 years ago

I'm a shepherd.

And a gigolo every third Tuesday of the month.

#453 7 years ago

I'm a Registered Nurse at a local hospital

#454 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

lol love how many people work for a "major" company or "the largest" within an industry and/or make sure to note they are the "senior" or "lead" ..designer, engineer,etc gotta make that job / title sound elite! and powerful!

Is it really that amusing to you? Maybe those people worked really hard to get there, no? Would they need to dumb down their titles to make you feel better?

#455 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Is it really that amusing to you? Maybe those people worked really hard to get there, no? Would they need to dumb down their titles to make you feel better?

Absolutely, I'm sure some did, and no offense to them I'm happy for them - not worth it to get into a debate/argument about it.. but I agree with the person that commented on it after me, mr philosopher.

#456 7 years ago

I very much enjoy my work, but it's only a part of who and what we are. With 4 sons still in school, I'm as much a busy father and scout leader these days as anything else. I do like reading about our varied careers. There's a lot of potentially good advice to be exchanged here between the members. I suppose not veryone is comfortable in their own shoes and don't want to share. That's human nature. The old bell curve.

#457 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Absolutely, I'm sure some did, and no offense to them I'm happy for them - not worth it to get into a debate/argument about it.. but I agree with the person that commented on it after me, mr philosopher.

So your point is that you feel some people didn't earn their big titles, and that's what cracks you up so much?

#458 7 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I ask because I'm a composer. If you teach strings, you may have played something of mine.

I'm trying to get strings into our program next year. I submitted a proposal that will allow them to do it for no extra money. A huge coup if I can pull it off (and a nice legacy to leave behind when I go). PM me a link to your stuff...

#459 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

F that, this career is a great one and valuable and important for our society. It sucks that music (and art) are being cut so much. To this day I still have great memories of hauling my trumpet to elementary school and playing in class.

It is if you have your parents and admins behind you. In our town, everyone will be the next starting pitcher for the Yankees, most of the dads think band is for "fags" (their words, not mine), and they're more interested in pushing out veteran teachers to save money on salaries. Education is run like a business now (we have our governor to thank for that), and the paperwork is monumental. It's no longer about the kids...it's about documenting every little thing you do and checking off all the boxes. Disgusting.

#460 7 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

.- .-. . -.-- --- ..- ... ..- .-. . .. - .-- .- ... -. - -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. . ··--··

Your punctuation keys are stuck.

#461 7 years ago

morse code.....why not?

#462 7 years ago

Currently at the U.S. Embassy in Panama working for big brother. In my free time I dabble in pinball espionage. There are few pins here so when I find one I set up surveillance, identify a weakness and attack.

#463 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It is if you have your parents and admins behind you. In our town, everyone will be the next starting pitcher for the Yankees, most of the dads think band is for "fags" (their words, not mine), and they're more interested in pushing out veteran teachers to save money on salaries. Education is run like a business now (we have our governor to thank for that), and the paperwork is monumental. It's no longer about the kids...it's about documenting every little thing you do and checking off all the boxes. Disgusting.

Quit whining it's not my fault my mother sent me to school with a note pinned to me saying break him of the bottle and potty train him and which poor kid did you assign the xylophone to and then give him/her soft mallets so they don't make to much noise plus you get summers off

#464 7 years ago

Manage/maintain 3-6 sites for large car wash company. There almost 30 yrs now. Keeping the gas pumps, wash equipment running. 12 hr days, a lot of physical work with lifting and climbing. Handle the electrical, plumbing aspects. We keep the car washes open even at -25 C too. Busiest day of the year? Christmas Eve....everyone wants a clean car....

#465 7 years ago

Full time in home pinball and arcade service only since 1978. Started at 15 years old and never looked back!

#466 7 years ago

Gold mining!

#467 7 years ago
    Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

I am the owner of a furniture manufacturing business in Anaheim. Primarily high end custom made residential furniture.

Interesting. Didn't expect to find another furniture guy here. I'm in marketing at Bassett. Coming to High Point?

#468 7 years ago

Wow many of you guys have some great career choices and in every persons choice in their own way they are contributing and helping the public and society as a whole to be better then the generation before. Despite our little differences that we share in this hobby about what tittle is better then another or what company is better etc... I would be honored to sit down and have a beer (coke actually, I don't drink) with each and everyone one of you and hear the fascinating stories that will follow.

Stay healthy, live long and keep those silver balls rolling.

#469 7 years ago

I taught technical writing for 20 years, and I'm now a technical writer for a government agency devoted to mining health and safety. Working from home most of the time allows me to take breaks from the chair and tinker with pins.

#470 7 years ago

Was a video game programmer for around 15 years or so including PC, Xbox, Playstation, and even worked on pinball table logic on Full Tilt Pinball 2 way back in the day. But for the past 11 years now I film girls for a living. Working in games was fun and the camaraderie can't be beat but you basically had no life especially during crunch. Aside from the obvious perks, having my own company and making fetish videos for a living gives me all the free time in the world, quality of life is incredible so there's no going back. Now I try and also expose the ladies to old arcade and pinball machines as much as I can because these old games are amazing. Many alas don't care But quite a few have taken a liking to them which makes me happy, including one lady who was a pinball ace and proceeded to smash the high score on my Theatre of Magic pin, which was also awesome to watch.

#471 7 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

...But for the past 11 years now I film girls for a living....

You wrote a bunch of stuff but this is the only thing that registered in my brain

#472 7 years ago

Did he say something else?

#473 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Did he say something else?

Yes! It went like this...(Charlie Brown adult voice ) I was a video game programmer. I now film girls in fetish videos. WHaaaa wa whaaa wha whaaa whaaa whaaa whaa wha. whaaa waa waaa. Girls and my Theatre of Magic .

That's what I got! Even went to Youtube to get a visual!

#474 7 years ago

10 years General Motors (decent money, hated life) 8 years Plumber (decent money, good at it but did not love it) 14 years as of last week owner of Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons Colorado(labor of love, least $ I have ever made but Love Love Love my job bringing old and new pins to the public). Thank you all for supporting my dream job!

#475 7 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

10 years General Motors (decent money, hated life) 8 years Plumber (decent money, good at it but did not love it) 14 years as of last week owner of Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons Colorado(labor of love, least $ I have ever made but Love Love Love my job bringing old and new pins to the public). Thank you all for supporting my dream job!

Your place is one the things I hated leaving when I moved to Atlanta... I try to come in every time I visit home

#476 7 years ago

flexographic label printer.

#477 7 years ago

I.A.T.S E. stagehand since 1990.
    Good life, different shows all the time.
    Local 504 Orange County.
    Any other IA out there?

#478 7 years ago

I underwrite/analyze businesses for a bank.

#479 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballphil:

Full time in home pinball and arcade service only since 1978. Started at 15 years old and never looked back!

You should post a background story on pinside. Although I did not stick with repairing pins as a primary income source, we both started repairing them close to the same time. Check out my story.

#480 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I.A.T.S E. stagehand since 1990.
    Good life, different shows all the time.
    Local 504 Orange County.
    Any other IA out there?

IA here too, Local 119 Camera Operator in the SF Bay Area. Been covering Sports locally and on the road for NBC Sports for over 30 years.
    Still enjoy it, but hope to retire from traveling or "being on the road" after the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.

#481 7 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Wow many of you guys have some great career choices and in every persons choice in their own way they are contributing and helping the public and society as a whole to be better then the generation before. Despite our little differences that we share in this hobby about what tittle is better then another or what company is better etc... I would be honored to sit down and have a beer (coke actually, I don't drink) with each and everyone one of you and hear the fascinating stories that will follow.

Anyone else find the nickname of this poster ironic? Lol its like it is a trick....

#482 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Anyone else find the nickname of this poster ironic? Lol its like it is a trick....

"To Serve Man"

#483 7 years ago

I used to be a High School Music Teacher, so a nod to my fellow musicians out there. Now Im in the Sign Making industry, specializing in Vehicle Wraps, Graphics and Design. I do a lot of printing for the arcade and pinball hobbiests on multiple forums as well for fun, and to support my pinball obsession.

www.bowmansign.com

#484 7 years ago

I maintain/operate a hydroelectric plant.

#485 7 years ago

I'm a Nuclear Instrumentation Technician at Millstone Power Station. But have also done the same type of work at Amgen, Pfizer, TI automotive. Also did about 10 years as a Sonar Technician on a submarine in the U.S. Navy.

#486 7 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I'm a Nuclear Instrumentation Technician at Millstone Power Station.

homer (resized).jpghomer (resized).jpg

#487 7 years ago

Blissfully retired. Before that 35 years with the Social Security Administration.

#488 7 years ago

I'm a Nuclear Instrumentation Technician at Millstone Power Station. But have also done the same type of work at Amgen, Pfizer, TI automotive. Also did about 10 years as a Sonar Technician on a submarine in the U.S. Navy.

RAT group at Amgen?

#489 7 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

dont forget to add "motivator of others to also share and route pinball" If it was not for your kind and inspiring words, Madison Pinball would not exist!

#490 7 years ago

Well i used to be a lumberjack (yes, the chainsaw and fuelcan version), but am reeducating myself into a carpenter now.

#491 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

Well i used to be a lumberjack

...and you're okay.

lumberjack (resized).jpglumberjack (resized).jpg

#492 7 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Coke?!

#493 7 years ago

Looks like someone found you a new avatar! That Homer picture is priceless.

#494 7 years ago

Transportation and logistics for 20+ years. Enjoy the fast pace and problem solving. Every day is different.

#495 7 years ago

I make Root Beer for a living! Just my wife and I in our garage converted to brewery. We are very fortunate to have our loyal fan base here in VT!

#496 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

...and you're okay

Floating down the mighty rivers of British Columbia..

#497 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Transportation and logistics for 20+ years. Enjoy the fast pace and problem solving. Every day is different.

Does the name Gary Percy mean anything to you?

#498 7 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Floating down the mighty rivers of British Columbia..

...with my best girl by my side!

best_girl (resized).pngbest_girl (resized).png

#499 7 years ago

39A7010A-FF5D-4009-8F6D-DA6E9D40A9A8-201-0000000588F245B4_tmp (resized).png39A7010A-FF5D-4009-8F6D-DA6E9D40A9A8-201-0000000588F245B4_tmp (resized).png

#500 7 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

...and you're okay.

I was waiting for the video actually

There are 921 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-do-for-a-living/page/10?hl=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.