(Topic ID: 10511)

What do ya think about the trade I made?

By BowlingJim

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I traded my MM the other day for IJ, TZ, and a HUO Flintstones.
    IJ has some fade but playfield is near perfect no broken plastics with led lighting
    TZ is one of the nicest ones I have ever seen led lighting.
    Flintstones is almost perfect one broken plastic and a small scrape on cabinet also led lighting.

I only had the MM for 4 months and just could not get into it. I liked it but I just kept thinking is this game 10k worth of fun. I found myself playing TFTC,BSD,and Pinbot more than MM.

So let the flames begin. I think I did ok for what I got in return.

#2 12 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I found myself playing TFTC

That's what I'm talkin bout!!!

#3 12 years ago

Good call on the IJ and FS. TZ, not my cup of tea. And the LEDs just make it worse imo.

#4 12 years ago

i think you did great. 3 cool pins for one.

#5 12 years ago

I would call it pretty close to perfect, dollar wise. Estimated 9k worth machines for 1 MM.

My only problem would be just the opposite of StevenP, though. TZ would be the only one of the 3 I would want to keep.

You did good, I think!

#6 12 years ago

Sounds like a fair trade dollar wise. I have been cleaning up my MM over the last 2 months. My learning on the game is when well adjusted and waxed it deserves its reputation. Otherwise it can be a disappointing game. Congratulations

#7 12 years ago

If you did not play it, and it was just collecting dust 3 for 1 is a great trade. Don't think you are going to get flamed, not like you traded a cow for magic beans.

Money wise, I don't think you lost out either. I'm sure it was a win/win for both parties.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I found myself playing TFTC,BSD,and Pinbot more than MM.

All games I enjoy more than MM. As far as the trade goes, seems about even to me.

#9 12 years ago

I could not agree more, MM tuned in is just a freaking blast to play. I think you made a great trade!!

Quoted from sulli10:

I have been cleaning up my MM over the last 2 months. My learning on the game is when well adjusted and waxed it deserves its reputation. Otherwise it can be a disappointing game. Congratulations

#10 12 years ago

Seems like a fair trade but MM is superior to any of those games IMO. I would't have done it. To each his own.

#11 12 years ago

I think it's a fair trade for both parties.

#12 12 years ago

I think its a fair trade MM is not for everyone, as long as you are happy that's what matters most.

#13 12 years ago

Smart move.

Especially since JJP is releasing the remake after WoZ.

MM is due to tank in price in 2012.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

Especially since JJP is releasing the remake after WoZ

What remake are you referring to Firebaall?

#15 12 years ago

In my opininion............That was a no brainer trade. MM is just not worth it. The fact that you got 3 pins just for one pin is pretty good.

#16 12 years ago

The MM he had is one of the nicest ive seen...i know this because it was a 2 month job by me to make it look that way....From a dollar and cents, its about even....but the MM was nice...CQ

(JIM BTW See ya at the show)

#17 12 years ago

Donny,
    The game was perfect you do awesome work I wish all my games looked like that game did.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Donny,
    The game was perfect you do awesome work I wish all my games looked like that game did.

Thanks Jim

#19 12 years ago

Value wise i'd say its a pretty even trade especially if you re-decal the IJ.

#20 12 years ago

Jim, you wanna sell that flintstones?

Yes that was one nice MM......did it stay in Ohio?

Bil

#21 12 years ago

Not sure I want to sell it yet. It is still in Ohio I traded it back to Chris.

#22 12 years ago

Round and round we go.....funny. Good trades guys

#23 12 years ago

Oh, did it come with the alternate translite Jim?

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

What remake are you referring to Firebaall?

images.jpgimages.jpg

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

Silverballer said:What remake are you referring to Firebaall?
    Whoops...I wasn't supposed to say anything.

ok, c'mon say it.

#26 12 years ago

Three for one? That's a brilliant trade!

#27 12 years ago

come on firebaall, if you got the goods then share.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

MM is due to tank in price in 2012.

Wishful thinking.... I wish you were right ,I'd get another one if that was the case.

#29 12 years ago

TZ and IJ are both leagues above MM in play. I wouldn't trade either of mine straight up for a MM, regardsless of price. Depending on condition are currect prices, you got the better deal for sure - no matter which way you look at it.

#30 12 years ago

I think you came out a little ahead. TZ and IJ are both close to $4K each. Flintstones believe it or not is $1,500-2K. I think MM is a $8,500 game, you have have about $9,500 worth of pinballs there. IJ is tops, I think you did great.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-ya-think-about-the-trade-i-made and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.