(Topic ID: 246614)

What do U Jumping Jack-in-the-Box owners do about target bank rubber?

By swampwiz

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Deez
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

It's easily the longest application of any rubber ring. I managed to find a guy in Europe that had some 6" (or maybe it was 5-1/2"?), but they are starting to delaminate. The Pinball Resource only goes up to 5", which would be a LONG stretch (I like to go a little weak on the stretching).

It looks like this guy @ IPDB has added a pair of under-the-plastic posts and put in a pair of rubbers as triangles, and a single one for the existing center post.

https://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1277&picno=13276&zoom=1

#2 4 years ago

That's a great idea. I have the same issue on mine. I don't remember which one I used but it's just pulling the posts over and bending the plastic.

#3 4 years ago

So I was just at my machine. I removed the large rubber that was stretching behind the targets and didn't add another post but just put the rubber in 2 triangles. I'm not sure what size rubber it was but it was a larger one. Both rubbers are sitting solid on the center post but I bet you could order one of the posts with 2 grooves on it if you're worried about it slipping off.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

So I was just at my machine. I removed the large rubber that was stretching behind the targets and didn't add another post but just put the rubber in 2 triangles. I'm not sure what size rubber it was but it was a larger one. Both rubbers are sitting solid on the center post but I bet you could order one of the posts with 2 grooves on it if you're worried about it slipping off.

What is a "post with 2 grooves"?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-u-jumping-jack-in-the-box-owners-do-about-target-bank-rubber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.