4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Blake
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I'm working on a Genco Step Up.

I had the scoring working, but the steppers wouldn't reset. Now I have the stepper resetting, but I have no scoring (ah, Genco).

Mercifully, I do have a schematic for this one, unlike the other Genco (a Blondie) that took me months to figure out... so I'm working on tracing down the problem.

The schematic for this is quite different than any other I've worked with-- it's an actual physical layout of the wiring of the machine. No wire colors are noted, but it makes tracing shorts pretty easy. There's no key on the schematic, so I'm wondering if I'm correct in my interpretation that the "white" switches are normally open, and the "black" switches are normally closed.

Thoughts?

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

I agree with your interpretation.
    I assume you are seeing this in the actual switch configurations.
    The defining evidence is which way the switch is moved when the coil is actuated.

Quoted from LukyDuck:

I also agree with your interpretation. You should be able to verify it by looking at the tilt switches. Are they presently open or closed?

Thanks gents! The tilt switches actually seem to be where my problem lies, and it's left me scratching my head. I'm going to tinker some more this weekend, and should have something to report.

Quoted from jrpinball:

The one to the far left of the one you marked "NO", appears to be a "make/break" switch.

Correct.

Quoted from MarkG:

Marking up a photocopy with a bunch of colored pencils or markers would make this schematic easier to use in the future.
    /Mark

That's exactly what I did! It was only $4 to have large prints made at my local Staples, so I had them make a couple of copies that I've been marking up. It's really a cool way to make a schematic, but I can see how it would be untenable for more complicated machines-- this one is pretty simple, and it's still packed enough that it can be hard to follow an individual line.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-these-schematic-symbols-mean-?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.