(Topic ID: 240107)

What do the numbers in your pinside ratings mean to you?

By lpeters82

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

What do your own pinside game ranking numbers actually mean to you? I don't care about the top 100, just your own rankings for a game.

1.0 - 3.9: These would be games with almost no redeeming qualities.
    4.0 - 5.9: Maybe the artwork is okay, but that's about it. At this point, were talking about games I would often pass on route.
    6.0 - 6.9: I'd play it on route, but have no desire to bring it into my home collection.
    7.0 - 7.9: We're starting to get into game that I'd bring into my home collection, but they will likely be rotated out.
    8.0 - 8.9: Would love to own one some day.
    9.0 - 9.9: I have several games in the high eights, but only one game in this range. Every aspect of the game has to be great.
    10: Reserved for pure perfection. I haven't found that game...yet.

#2 5 years ago

Definitely the higher number, the closer it is to pin perfection for me. But I’ve played games in the 7s that I love and are tremendously fun. One of the problems with the rating system is that you have to rate individual categories so that a pin you like more than another overall might rank lower if the art and lighting scores are low, for instance. As an example, I find TWD to be a really fun pin but I ranked the voice and sounds fairly low so it looks artificially low on my ranking list. If you had to give each pin just one number overall, your individual rankings might be different.

#3 5 years ago

Absolutely nothing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-the-numbers-in-your-pinside-ratings-mean-to-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.