(Topic ID: 152015)

What do I do with this rare pinball machine?

By embryonjohn

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ShelbYGT_14_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryonjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So I saw this CL group listing (along with Black Hole, Big Game, Counter Force, Lazer War, & Time Warp) for a 1984 Williams Star Light. I knew nothing about the game but realized it was rare - 1 in a 100 rare. So of course I took the plunge.
It took 3 strong guys to air-lift the machine above our heads to get it over the hoarders collection of fine collectables. I could've had any of the above listed machines for the same price, as he figured they were all about the same (except Haunted House, which was not for sale and his wife's favorite) year and condition.
Now what?
Do nothing but enjoy it?
Sell it and buy my wife some shoes?
Send the playfield off to Kruzman and start the extensive rehab?
Trade it?
BTW: I haven't even plugged it in as the sellers lair had no electricity like his multiple "out buildings filled with EM's.
I'd appreciate any stories about playing this pin or advice on how you'd handle it.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Most people who would want such a game are only going to want it in actual "collector condition".
So don't go repainting the cabinet or playfield - you will destroy any collector value.
-
Starlight was the narrow body version of Laserball.
Laserball was supposed to be a bowling theme, so you can still see the "ten pin" layout on the playfield of both games.
» YouTube video

Wow! So collectors want them as they find them with original patina...
Nice!
That just enabled my laziness

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Was lukewarm til seeing the bug/monster/telescope image. Now it demands the full HEP treatment

I was just looking again at that "cicadan astromancer" and the little platform he's on. On the right side of the wooden carving under the telescope, I do believe I spy Barry Oursler's initials...

Yes. I just made up the phrase: cicadan astromancer
That bug should get his own pin like Jack Bot

1 month later
#32 8 years ago

Star Light is working 100% now and wildly addictive. I took Vids advice by the way

#34 8 years ago

My son says the lighting sequence for multiball is "epic" and he's right.
The whole machine goes dark except for the wizard/sorcerer's face. The only light is the intense strobing behind his face. Then that slows & dims and as the 2nd ball is being released, the GI and backglass light turn back on as you fight for your multiball life

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryonjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-i-do-with-this-rare-pinball-machine?tu=embryonjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.