Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by aaron6920
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

laugh.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 11 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

How much does the grocery store make on my shopping trip?
    Why can't I just buy my food straight from the farmer?

1) Low single digits. Their net profit is razor thin.
    2) You often can. But you don't -want- to because you want lots of things from lots of farmers at once. As where with pinball, you're typically buying one game at a time which could easily be done with "the farmer".

Whenever someone asks the OP's question, it's very interesting...and telling...to see people's responses. "No one knows, and you're an idiot...or greedy...for even asking".

#42 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Things have changed considerably ever since Stern decided to mandate MSRP for dealers to try and follow.

You're the second person in this thread to suggest dealers can't sell below MSRP, but they do all the time. Is this what you're eluding to when you say "try and follow"? Does anyone know the actual rule, if there is one, that Stern has dictated to distributors?

#46 11 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Typically a dealer can do whatever they want price wise, but they simply are not allowed to list/advertise publicly a price lower than MSRP. Course posting online in certain places is a grey area, and in store and on phone dealers can do as they please, the prices aren't set in stone by Stern, simply the marketing aspect is restricted.

Yeah...but most dealers (including the biggest, most prominent ones) are advertising $9699 MSRP Stern Premiums for $9499. That's kinda my point. It seems like more often than not I'm seeing them advertised for less than MSRP. I feel like if a rule really existed they wouldn't be doing this. It feels more like an urban legend.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-dealers-make-on-new-pins-?tu=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.