Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by aaron6920
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

laugh.gif
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 months ago

Depending on the model there's a 24-29 percent profit built in from Stern at MSRP

#52 11 months ago

Become a distributor then find out & tell us

#53 11 months ago

Already answered. Nevermind

#54 11 months ago

Why doesn’t someone call up Stern, tell them they want to be a distributor, and you would like to review the contract?

And to make sure you don’t step into someone’s territory, say you’re located in western North Dakota.

#55 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball1987:

If stern is paying $1000 to a dealer when selling a machine, you would think they would want to keep that grand and hire one other person to answer emails and the phone of issues happen.

but don't they ship games out to dealers by the truck load vs having an UPS pick and ship them one by one out to customers?

#56 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In short, why isn't stuff I want cheaper?

Thread about to get locked. Haha

#57 11 months ago

In my talks with distributors I know that how much you make is highly dependent on the volume of games that you sell for Stern. If you are a low volume dealer just starting out your profit margins are tight and you are paying more to Stern per game. I also know that it's really hard to get any LE allocation if you are low volume and you are also paying higher shipping costs to get the games to your customer. The margins are the smallest on Pros, get a little better on Premiums and are pretty sizable on the LE/SLE games. I think it's gotten better for distributors now that there is tighter enforcement of pricing. in the old days it was more cutthroat as the larger distributors could offer discounts to buyers that the smaller distributors couldn't compete with which would essentially freeze them out. I think all distributors are making more $ per game because it has turned into more of a sellers market than a buyer's market.

#58 11 months ago

$1,100 on pros, $1,700 on premiums, $2,100 on LEs as of a little over a year ago.

#59 11 months ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

$1,100 on pros, $1,700 on premiums, $2,100 on LEs as of a little over a year ago.

Purely based on a random guess, I assumed $1k Pro, $1500 Premium, $2k LE.

#60 11 months ago

They print out an invoice or put a "SOLD" sticker on it. If the game never touches their hands, the options are limited. Maybe their mom will make a custom crocheted topper to put on it.

#61 11 months ago

Stern has sold some direct with limited amounts of LEs on the last run on the website and some select games on Amazon which I believe is directly from them. It's the same price as through a dealer so your thought process of no dealer=cheaper game is likely not going to be the case. A good dealer will do a lot for you and support local shows and tournaments. I mean let's face it, do the self checkouts at Wal-Mart make product any cheaper? Stern could go self checkout but probably won't make it cheaper for us.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-dealers-make-on-new-pins-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.