image_(resized).jpeg
090_(resized).jpg
004_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#1 8 years ago

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

This weekend I did a quick re-rubber/clean/wax on a 1994 Bally, World Cup Soccer.

This game has been in a home for over 15 years but I doubt it has ever been cleaned. The playfiled was filthy and the ball trails were horrible. fortunately they all cleaned up really well. I didn't take it completely down to the playfiled but I came pretty close. Total time from start to finish was about 7 hours. The rubbers on the lanes were so hard I had to cut them off. The only issue I came across was a non-responsive switch and that turned out to be a simple adjustment. The owner wanted to keep it all original so I didn't add any LED's but I think a few would have made it really pop. The game looks great and plays much faster now.

Have a great week!

2016-02-06_17.11.13_(resized).jpg2016-02-06_17.11.13_(resized).jpg

2016-02-06_17.11.08_(resized).jpg2016-02-06_17.11.08_(resized).jpg

2016-02-06_17.11.10_(resized).jpg2016-02-06_17.11.10_(resized).jpg

2016-02-06_17.11.21_(resized).jpg2016-02-06_17.11.21_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Didn't have much time for pins this weekend, working a lot of hours right now. But I did manage to finally take the time to fix my Judge Dredd that died the night before last years party...ugh. Turned out to be a broken trace on the CPU board that wasn't letting a column of switches to work and consequently the game couldn't be started as it included the start button. Something so stupid but just yet just enough to bring the entire game down....ugh.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#3 8 years ago

Reorganized a few games that resulted in moving six pins around. Had to take one apart since it went from upstairs to downstairs. Had to take the head off another to fit through a door. More grunt work than I had in mind when I started.
Just need to re-level the last two games to be all good to go.

#4 8 years ago

I also worked on a soccer game, but a Striker Xtreme.

replaced all the GI to LEDs. every GI bulb was burnt out
cleaned plastics and playfield, havent waxed yet, waiting on a few more parts to replace.
re-flowed solder on the trough optos and fixed an issue of shooting 2 balls out at once
replaced coil sleeves
replaced balls

waiting on a few more parts and then she will be ready to be enjoyed

played a few games, not as horrible as some make it out to be

#5 8 years ago

Took the raptor pit guides out of my JP to get a tab rewelded back on, and the other tabs reinforced.
Built a wire form to defect the ball from getting wedged in the side of the TRex.
Added the playfield support legs back to the underside of the playfield.
Think I figured out why my VUK has a high failure to launch rate. Just need to take the subway off and grind down a rivet that was added later as a fix.
And I think I figured out where my sound issue is coming from. There's a short happening, and I know the general area, just don't know what it is specifically yet.

#6 8 years ago

Spent five hours trying to fix the crappy left orbit issue on my GOT LE. Now ask me if it worked.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Spent five hours trying to fix the crappy left orbit issue on my GOT LE. Now ask me if it worked.

how'd that work out?

#8 8 years ago

I unboxed and organized some parts that came in.

Reworked my flaking superman backglass a bit since I wasn't pleased with my first coat of triple thick that I applied a while back and the way that some chunks of paint had settled using the plastic wrap method. So, I carefully removed the loose chunks with an exacto knife chisel blade, scraped off the empty glass, and super glued them back on. Then did another fresh, thick layer of triple thick. Now that it's a bit less fragile, I can set it aside to free up my combination worktable/rotisserie so I can put a playfield up on it this week for repairs and shopping.

20160207052109099_(resized).jpg20160207052109099_(resized).jpg20160207053903634_(resized).jpg20160207053903634_(resized).jpg20160207163320244_(resized).jpg20160207163320244_(resized).jpg

#9 8 years ago

I worked on this before the game yesterday.

Steeple-Chase-stepper_(resized).jpgSteeple-Chase-stepper_(resized).jpg

#10 8 years ago

Delivered a High Speed. Waxed an AMH, 8 Ball, WCS, WW and a RBION. Replaced a slingshot plunger in WW. Adjusted standups on a Dungeons and Dragons. Tried to work through a game play issue on a Flip Flop. Also adjusted the flippers on the FF.

#11 8 years ago

Rebuilt the flippers on my Lights Camera Action. Turned out to be more of a pain, since the last person to "rebuild" them had all sorts of wonderful "household hacks" and felt that 2 gallons of grease would keep them snappy. HAHAHAHAHA . It was horrible. The grease. Everywhere. I have grease PTSD now.

I also LED'd the card matrix on the backbox. The standard #44/47s were way too dim. I don't have pictures of the progress, so here are some random mediocre pictures I just took I thought looked halfway decent.

IMG_3803_(resized).jpgIMG_3803_(resized).jpg
IMG_3804_(resized).jpgIMG_3804_(resized).jpg
IMG_3805_(resized).jpgIMG_3805_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago

Finally got around to modifying my lift cart.

#13 8 years ago

Finished shopping T2 after about a month (only about .5 to 1 hour a day). Definitely not perfect example but now a super clean, fast playing, player quality game that I can just enjoy.

This pic was before I got the last few bits on.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#14 8 years ago

Removed the upper playfield from my Game of Thrones Premium at least 3 times to address the common left orbit issue. Result - 100% success!

Also fixed a loose wire from a tiny led board in GoT. A quick 2 min fix.

#15 8 years ago

Got 5 plywood sheets up in my garage, one wall almost done.

IMGA0378[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0378[1]_(resized).JPG

OH you mean pinball related Well I went down and looked at my games.

#16 8 years ago

Made a shadow box for my JP and lit up the back board , just some tweaking left ... Ran out of time, wife made me scratch a couple of items off the honey do list!

#17 8 years ago

Nothing! It's been nice to take a little break from working on pins. It's short-lived as pinball is pinball, but it's nice to have other focuses.

#18 8 years ago

15 hour cleaning...
004_(resized).jpg004_(resized).jpg
090_(resized).jpg090_(resized).jpg

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

15 hour cleaning...
004_(resized).jpg
090_(resized).jpg

World of difference.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

15 hour cleaning...
004_(resized).jpg
090_(resized).jpg

OH MY GOD... that's amazing.

I tried to do the same to a Bally Frontier but A) I'm apparently not that good at cleaning... and B) as pretty as it now is... it still doesn't work. But it's a pretty paperweight.

#21 8 years ago

Damn those look good, worked on a few video games.. A MK2 and a star wars 83. Neglected my 2 pins that need some love.... Next week.

#22 8 years ago

Put new decals on Bad cats!
Meow me Meow Meow!

#23 8 years ago

I finally acquired the 7 digit P3 and P4 displays I needed for Alien Star from another Pinsider who lives close by and installed them, they work perfect. Then I replaced 2 flasher bulbs on Laser War and did a quick clean & polish on it. After that, I adjusted the stupid magnets for my right flipper on No Good Gofers. I am seriously considering going back to the optos or gluing the magnets in place.

alien-star-hi-score-backglass-300x225_(resized).jpgalien-star-hi-score-backglass-300x225_(resized).jpg

laser-war-above-playfield-with-glass_(resized).jpglaser-war-above-playfield-with-glass_(resized).jpg

#24 8 years ago

Fixed all board issues on freshly reimported scared stiff #2 so teardown can begin next weekend

#25 8 years ago

Finishing my full color cabinet paint on my EBD "Classic". Almost done, need to do detailing and highlighting...

#26 8 years ago

I worked on Spaceballs!

I've been doing a bunch of the DMD images for the RGB DMD. I'm almost more excited about it than the film clips on the LCD. Some of these were based off images I found on google image search.

Virgin Alarm!Virgin Alarm!

Planet Druidia with Air ShieldPlanet Druidia with Air Shield

Perri-Air LogoPerri-Air Logo

Eagle 5Eagle 5

I also did some animations for the RGB DMD, like the going to plaid animation:

#27 8 years ago

Tried to fix an intermittent flaccid left flipper on Boomerang.

#28 8 years ago

picked up a f-14 and shaq attaq, stripped down f-14 re rubbered and cleaned playfield. Has a slight issue with some sounds not being clear. So looking at that now. Shaq cleaned and re rubbered but the scoreboard display has some segments out. Looking to source new leds for that.

#29 8 years ago

Drove 3 hours each way to get LOTR.
Drove 4.5 hours each way to get Indy 500.

Rearranged all 4 machines. Re-leveled all of them. Still have a laundry list before I am ready for hosting friends on the 20th, but getting there.

LOTR
Cleaned the rubber.
Put new Thin Titan's on the flippers to test.
Tried to touchup solder joints on the ring leds. Need to buy 3 new ones for the elves.

POTC
Adjusted the slingshot switch.
Tried a new ballast for the flour-scent tube. Blew the new tube. Need to replace the starter.

I500
Adjust slingshot switch.
Cleaned the rubber.

STTNG
Cleaned the rubber.
Fixed a decal.

#30 8 years ago

Just picked up an X-Men Pro from my vending friend.Game was in private club for 2 years and looks like new.Just ordered the neutron ball to replace wolverine,and added premium leds for playfield and total shop job.Places fast.Playing it a lot and trying to figure out all the rules for now.Will be on market soon.

#31 8 years ago

Fixed castle door problem on WOZ, and stripped/cleaned walking dead pro for shipment to ATL. Shout out to Don from PBOM for picking it up.

IMG_0590_(resized).JPGIMG_0590_(resized).JPG

IMG_0614_(resized).JPGIMG_0614_(resized).JPG

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Just picked up an X-Men Pro from my vending friend.Game was in private club for 2 years and looks like new.Just ordered the neutron ball to replace wolverine,and added premium leds for playfield and total shop job.Places fast.Playing it a lot and trying to figure out all the rules for now.Will be on market soon.

i may be interested in this if i can't find a trade for my mustang

#33 8 years ago

What I pretty much work on every weekend...Ramps! HMM, SOF and WWFRR this weekend.

#34 8 years ago

Currently occupying the "repair spot" is a completely screwy JJ. This time with a machine is always interesting. All of it just seems to be a complete mess. However at some point I'll figure it all out, and then the fun begins!

JJ_(resized).JPGJJ_(resized).JPG

#35 8 years ago

Completely rebuilt the flippers and replaced the drop targets on Centaur. Getting it ready to take to Louisville Arcade Expo.

I really do enjoy fixing as much as playing these machines.

#36 8 years ago

I re-pinned all the .156 backbox connectors for both Skateball and Mata Hari (except for the display connectors - I'll get to those in the next couple of weeks). I used my Sargent 3136-CT crimping tool which, although expensive, works so well it actually makes the job enjoyable. I had so much fun that I wound up ordering the 3133-CT (.062) and the 3135-CT (.100) crimpers to complete the rest of the work. I've got other crimpers, but the Sargent tools do such a nice, professional job it really is amazing.

I also dug out my soldering supplies and thanks to TerryB's Soldering Guide https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terrybs-soldering-guide-part-1 I worked on improving my (limited) soldering skills. Practice makes perfect...

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Me too. Spent a couple hours last night trying to get the orbit working on my GOT Premium. Same results as you...

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Finished shopping T2 after about a month (only about .5 to 1 hour a day). Definitely not perfect example but now a super clean, fast playing, player quality game that I can just enjoy.
This pic was before I got the last few bits on.

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks Great!

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

15 hour cleaning...
004_(resized).jpg
090_(resized).jpg

Looks Amazing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-did-you-work-on-this-weekend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.