(Topic ID: 64673)

what did you do to your pins this weekend?

By ccotenj

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ccotenj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    APTS7.jpg
    photo_2.JPG
    photo_1.JPG
    20130929_172058_resized.jpg
    Metallica.jpg
    GEDC0092.JPG
    GEDC0089.JPG
    2013_0929Image0112.JPG
    2013_0929Image0111.JPG
    2013_0929Image0110.JPG
    get-attachment.jpg
    DE_TM_PF.jpg
    BBB2.JPG
    BBB1.JPG
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rickwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 10 years ago

Installed cliffy mystery hole protector and eyeballs coffin overlay on my met pro this weekend. Also gave it a good wipedown cleaning with novus1 and some cotton "tshirt" rags i picked up at lowes. I was beginning to see some ball trails in the loop around the top of the playfield. As well as some down near the flippers and in/out lanes.

Installing the cliffy protector was a snap once i got that small post to the top left of the hole off. Simple nut and washer on bottom but the clearances on both the top and bottom made that a pita for me. I dont know why the post had like an extra inch of threads on the underside... Hehe.

Just a simple wipe down was noticable in gameplay. Ball is a ton faster now. Only had the pin for two months and it was NIB. Hehe

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rickwh:

Installed cliffy mystery hole protector and eyeballs coffin overlay on my met pro this weekend. Also gave it a good wipedown cleaning with novus1 and some cotton "tshirt" rags i picked up at lowes. I was beginning to see some ball trails in the loop around the top of the playfield. As well as some down near the flippers and in/out lanes.
    Installing the cliffy protector was a snap once i got that small post to the top left of the hole off. Simple nut and washer on bottom but the clearances on both the top and bottom made that a pita for me. I dont know why the post had like an extra inch of threads on the underside... Hehe.
    Just a simple wipe down was noticable in gameplay. Ball is a ton faster now. Only had the pin for two months and it was NIB. Hehe

Before and after pics of the "eyeball" coffin mod. After playing a few games I like it a lot.

The thing I like most is that this overlay covers up the shadows (of the wiring/sockets) that are projected onto the coffin insert when the white flashers are on... With the eyeballs those shadows aren't visible at all. Yet the white light comes through well.

I think I may experiment with some brighter red bulbs/leds for when balls are locked in coffin.

#59 10 years ago

double post

#60 10 years ago

triple post

#61 10 years ago

before

// Error: Image 137702 not found //

#62 10 years ago

after

// Error: Image 137703 not found //

#64 10 years ago

sorry for the multiple posts....

#65 10 years ago

one more pic of my cliffy mystery hole protector installation (This was before reinstalling plastics and post).

// Error: Image 137705 not found //

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rickwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-did-you-do-to-your-pins-this-weekend?tu=rickwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.