(Topic ID: 139003)

What did you do about your GOTLE deposit?

By PBINTHESOUTH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Arcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

Sent my money to Heighway. Full Throttle playfield added to my existing AlienLE order. So even if it plays well, which I'm sure it will, my money's gone. I've got enough machines to keep me happy until something awesome comes in.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Is there any other way to win back the pinside mob for this game?

If they actually listened. And went to the trouble of a big emergency rerun of playfields, I tell you right now that I would buy it, I would bring forward a future purchase and buy this to applaud their action.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Really, why not? Even if they have a couple hundred printed already couldn't they send them back, sand them clean and reprint? What would that cost them, $50 per PF? Add to that $25-50 per machine for adding the throne and changing the back cab art. Could as little as $75 turn the tide for GoT?

And if they did a good job, then the LEs would sell out in a day. If you think about it, at this rate that plan would probably get the LEs sold faster than they're moving now.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I might start a poll with a slightly different question. Something like this:
"Why the hell did you put down a deposit on a game that you had never seen pictures of, not to mention having never played?"

Reasonable point, but those distributors DID leave a big old window to back out. Was a free option of sorts.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I can't grasp why they haven't released extended gameplay video of the machine.

None finished yet.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And the idea of "scarcity" is being devalued across the board with every so called release of a new LE. It's matters less and less.
A TAF gold or BSM or my LotrLE is losing ground and relevance every single day. It is what it is. There are 20k+ TAF's out there, the idea of collecting a "gold" one is diminishing as more and more new titles and supposed LE's are coming out.
There will always be collectors but as a "collector", I'd much rather have a regular HEP restored TAF than a gold one all day long.

So true. The early offering of an LE is straight out of sales 101, and is a technique effectively based on manipulation of the consumer. It is not based on a value proposition and is therefore unsustainable over time.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

AC/DC got the same criticism. Ritchie tables rarely (if ever) disappoint.

Not exactly. AC/DC was called flat out ugly. It was never called lame or criticised for not catching its theme like this one.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Does no one want to play the game first before deciding?

I think that's exactly what most people ARE saying. People who would normally jump all over the LEs are saying they will now wait and hope that the gameplay makes up for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-did-you-do-about-your-gotle-deposit?tu=timebandit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.