(Topic ID: 139003)

What did you do about your GOTLE deposit?

By PBINTHESOUTH

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Arcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I'm in for an LE. Why not?
I love pinball and have enough money to buy them without financial worry. At the same time, I am a realist/fatalist and recognize our time behind our pins could very well be limited with a world of nuclear terror. The MUFOS hate us. Carpe diem. Looking forward to more fun pinball.

I like your style and thinking

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I love pinball and have enough money to buy them without financial worry.

699 more like you and all the LEs should sell out in a heartbeat.

#103 4 years ago

Does no one want to play the game first before deciding? I mean I like nice artwork but I actually plan to play the games after purchasing.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Does no one want to play the game first before deciding? I mean I like nice artwork but I actually plan to play the games after purchasing.

Oh you must be new here, we don't actually play the pins we collect. We just look at them. After all, how else can we keep them dimple free?

#105 4 years ago

Im in for the LE. It's a Steve Ritchie pin and the gameplay looks awesome. I remember all the criticism that Star Trek had at first release but look at it now. It's a blast to play and beautiful at that. I bet GOT will look a lot better in person than what people think.

#106 4 years ago

I was seriously worried about this release because I have no more room. After seeing the pics, I'm not worried anymore - I'll try it when it arrives locally or at a tradeshow - It looks pretty lame to me.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Im in for the LE. It's a Steve Ritchie pin and the gameplay looks awesome. I remember all the criticism that Star Trek had at first release but look at it now. It's a blast to play and beautiful at that. I bet GOT will look a lot better in person than what people think.

AC/DC got the same criticism. Ritchie tables rarely (if ever) disappoint.

#108 4 years ago

I'm in for the LE. And yes the art doesn't excite me but man I really love the show. Steve Richie is in my top 3 for designers. Borg, Lawlor, and Richie. The layout looks fantastic for gameplay but we'll see.

#109 4 years ago

1) GoT is a dream theme for me and I trust Steve. However I never was in for LE because I knew I could not afford it (now LE are 9300-9900 € sales tax included here - more than The Hobbit 8995€). No real frustration but...

2) Would have considered a Pro. But without the upper PF, no way either.

3) This leaves me with a Premium. Still around 8000€ (again, with sales tax included).

No LCD was a HUGE disappointment. No way I can justify spending so much at this stage. Gameplay, light show, sounds, callouts, animations, ruleset better be damn good...

Hope an old Mustang or Star Trek Pro is seeking a good home in the meantime... and I can buy both for the cost of a NIB GoT Prem. Was hoping to see some on the market after GoT release, but no!

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

AC/DC got the same criticism. Ritchie tables rarely (if ever) disappoint.

Not exactly. AC/DC was called flat out ugly. It was never called lame or criticised for not catching its theme like this one.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Does no one want to play the game first before deciding?

I think that's exactly what most people ARE saying. People who would normally jump all over the LEs are saying they will now wait and hope that the gameplay makes up for it.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How about just selling two models, a pro and a premium? 700 is NOT an LE anyhow, please!
I promise you this, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, nobody is gonna give a crap about an older LE and paying more for it versus a premium. Pinball machines aren't gonna work that way, you already see it with older "LE's".

I agree... but I'd rather see Stern go back to 1 game play model like the SM and LOTR days when the LE was a cosmetic upgrade.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I like your style and thinking

Thanks, my wife and I think the same, she was born and bred in Canada. We love the Canadian Rockies!! Hope to get back to Jasper and Mt Robson next summer with the family. Valley of the Thousand Falls trail is as no other! Edmonton rocks too!!!

Quoted from o-din:

699 more like you and all the LEs should sell out in a heartbeat.

Good luck finding another 699 folks like me. One of kind. LOL. Too funny, but some possible irrelevant truth in your sarcasm. SR is one of the best and he is now approaching his twilight, most experienced years. I don't care about the numbers, I am in it for the fun entertainment, period, so the numbers are all irrelevant. How many they made, how many will they sell, how many people bought, how many deposits were returned, how much did you pay, how much did you sell it for???? WHOTF cares? Not me, sorry.

For example, I purchased a NIB ELVIS Gold two weeks ago. Yeah a NIB that they made "only" 500, 11 years ago...WHOTF cares about the numbers? The fun entertainment game play is great and the music is another addition to the sounds of music in Studio G. I'm just fortunate I found a NIB ELVIS Gold and could afford one...not to mention have the space for one. ELVIS and GoT have some similar features. Game on!! SR Rules!!

#114 4 years ago

after some thought I stick with the LE. ordered #123 today.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I think handing over $$ before you see a game is silly

FAB

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

ST got about 1/5th the critisism of GOT.

#117 4 years ago

Yeah AC/DC got some howls... especially all the orange and red and photoshopped faces.. but the game screamed AC/DC and it was loud and everyone scooped up all of the LE's in a few weeks.. remember them being sold NIB for $12000 for over a year!.
I doubt over 100 LE's get produced if they stick with this art package...
Crossing fingers that all of the criticism will be a wake up call..scrap the entire pf artwork, sand it down, incorporate ideas posted here (or hire Aurich!)... the play field layout and toys/shots are fine just change the look!

#118 4 years ago

I saw ACDC premium when it debuted at the Texas Pinball Festival. If memory serves, the whole show was talking about how freaking awesome it was. I ordered one that weekend.

I liked ST from the start. I remember being a fan of the pro, but blown away by the LE.

I like GoT, the game looks really fun. I'm just not excited about the art. I sure wish we had new stern on route here. I'll have to wait to play.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

While that's logical - we're a bunch of fanatics here and are likely to buy games before we play them for a few reasons.

1.) We love the theme
2.) We know who's designing/programming and are a fan of their work
3.) Pinball holds its value, so even if we don't like it - we can sell for not much of a hit or trade for something else.

However, if the stars aren't all aligned (like Metallica, for instance) - then yeah...waiting to play is the way to go.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I saw ACDC premium when it debuted at the Texas Pinball Festival. If memory serves, the whole show was talking about how freaking awesome it was. I ordered one that weekend.

Same here.
Was blown away when I first played it.
Went straight home from the show and traded my Star Wars EP1 and Revenge from Mars in for an AC/DC Premium.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dyer, IN
$ 25.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside