(Topic ID: 139003)

What did you do about your GOTLE deposit?

By PBINTHESOUTH

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Arcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Well the deadline from my distributor has now passed.. and as much as I was looking foraward to GOT pinball.. after seeing it for a week I've decided to cancel my deposit and wait to see what the Premium looks like... maybe go forward with it... or just not put a deposit on any versions at this point. Disappointed for all of the many reasons all ready mentioned.. may not even buy the game period.

What say you? (people who were hot for the game..) Have you also cancelled yours.. or maybe instead decided to now go forward with the LE?

#3 8 years ago

Got my refund.

#4 8 years ago

Seeing you already canceled out of the LE, there is no rush. Now you have plenty of time to see what they do with it. You are in a perfect position. You can stand by and wait to see the Premium. You can also see gameplay from the LE, and really view the game as a whole product. If you find that they knock it out of the park, you have plenty of time to scoop up a Premium (don't be lured in by the fake "we are out of Premiums" stuff because they are probably just talking about that run).

Have a look at it after you see more gameplay and people give impression of how the code is. You already like the theme, so now you can see how they implement it. Until then, get your money back and toss it in the bank until they produce something worthy of it.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

after seeing it for a week I've decided to cancel my deposit and wait to see what the Premium looks like...

I don't get this. There are no preorders on Sterns. How did you cancel your deposit AFTER you saw the machine?

Quoted from rai:

Got my refund.

Same thing here. Not getting it. Either you order it when it's announced or you don't. What am I missing?

#6 8 years ago

refund

#7 8 years ago

Buying the LE! Can't wait.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't get this. There are no preorders on Sterns. How did you cancel your deposit AFTER you saw the machine?

Same thing here. Not getting it. Either you order it when it's announced or you don't. What am I missing?

The distributors take deposits to hold one of their allotted games. The general procedure is you pay them a deposit upon announcement and have a window, usually a week to change your mind.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Buying the LE! Can't wait.

Same here.

#10 8 years ago

I'm in on the LE. We should keep a running count. That's 3 so far.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sorry, if it wasn't clear.. made a deposit when announced one week ago.. distributor gave us 7 days to decide whether to make additional $1000 and hold it till release..

I actually cancelled the LE order but left the money there... assuming the Premium is announced soon and can always have the option to place original LE deposit and be get first shipment of premium.. or cancel that one too if unhappy..

#13 8 years ago

Interesting, maybe I'm just not hearing from the people who cancelled or just hated it on first sight and never made a deposit anyway?
As long as the threads are griping about the pf and cabinet artwork.. I was expecting to hear more "hate it and left it" responses.. maybe a little more time..

#14 8 years ago

I heard that a decent amount of people sent money over to the hobbit when the Game of turd was announced.

#15 8 years ago

Only 696 more need to be sold before we can see the Premium!!! HAHAHAHAAHAAAAA

#16 8 years ago

I was going to get one but instead am just going to wait. If it turns out to be a great game premiums will be available for 2-3 years. If it's really good I'll get one in the spring after a couple of code updates. There's no reason to rush, even if it turns out that I love the LE with 700 of them there will be NIB or HUO available for a long time.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Interesting, maybe I'm just not hearing from the people who cancelled or just hated it on first sight and never made a deposit anyway?
As long as the threads are griping about the pf and cabinet artwork.. I was expecting to hear more "hate it and left it" responses.. maybe a little more time..

Before the pics were released, I was talking to my distrib about buying an LE - asking about price and to "hold one for me" in case I was ready to bite. The day the pics dropped, I told him I was out. So - never had any money down, but was ready to buy and "cancelled".

#19 8 years ago

Paid my deposit for an LE, I'm sticking with it. I think the art of the LE package looks great, playfield, not so much, but the gameplay itself looks like it will be amazing.

#20 8 years ago

Deposit on the day it was announced, canceled the day the artwork was revealed. This should have been a slam dunk for me. Great theme, great layout, great design team. Upon the reveal, it was no longer a "must buy". I'm waiting to see if the gameplay changes my mind but this will more than likely be a pass for me.

#21 8 years ago

I think there may be some people embarrassed to admit they bought such an ugly game.

#22 8 years ago

I can explain. Back when the metallica LE came out, my distro told me I could give him a $100 refundable deposit to hold a spot for future LEs. That only held me a spot for one of his allotted games. When it was time to order, payment would be due.

Unless I mis-understood, Stern has recently required that LEs have a $2000 deposit to guarantee them for the distros and they just pass it on to us.

I was told about the 2k. When I saw the pics, I decided not to send a deposit.

So, I passed also. Now that I have gotten over the hype, I can make a more rational purchase decision.

#23 8 years ago

I think handing over $$ before you see a game is silly

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Before the pics were released, I was talking to my distrib about buying an LE - asking about price and to "hold one for me" in case I was ready to bite. The day the pics dropped, I told him I was out. So - never had any money down, but was ready to buy and "cancelled".

Same here!

#25 8 years ago

Seems to me that the wait and see approach is prudent at this point. Love the theme. Layout looks good. Yes art and cabinet are not so good.

So to me, it is play it once it is out. If they gameplay trumps the aesthetics, than it is a go. GoT is just such an awesome theme. I do wonder what it would have turned out like if JJP had a run at it. Then again, it would be years off too

Time will tell. Btw, when will Stern be moving towards an LCD? I thought GoT was going to have it at one point.....but probably was a bad rumor.

#26 8 years ago

Anyone have a guess on how any LE's they have actually sold at this point? My guess is 50-75.

#28 8 years ago

I bet they still a bunch especially after expo. But the tide has finally changed. Most of us have learned even if it sells out there is always someone selling. So we may still be buyers but we are now wait and see buyers vs take our money now.
Could even equal the same sales total but the customers have finally shifted the market a bit in our favor. Of course we had to get burned like ten times to learn but I think we have for the most part.

#29 8 years ago

I was hoping this would be my first NIB purchase. Probably one of the few Themes that could get my wife to be on board.
I am not really considering it at this point. I am still optimistic about rules/code etc. Looking forward to some gameplay video.
But this is a big wait wait wait and see for me.

#30 8 years ago

I did purchase a ticket to win an LE for the children's charity.

#31 8 years ago

Looks like 5 deposits refunded as well. This thread needs a poll.

#32 8 years ago

I'm probably going to end up switching over to a Premium if it looks decent (my distributor told me I have the option to switch up until the point that they are shipping).

LEs will ship late October.
Premiums will ship late November.

#33 8 years ago

I'd guess that 30-50% of pre orders declined after seeing rendering.

#34 8 years ago

Got a refund.

#35 8 years ago

I had a deposit in on STLE way before the game was announced. Once photos came out I was disappointed at how similar to other games the shots appeared. I didn't really like the playfield artwork at first. I cancelled my pre-order.

Just after release I played STLE and loved it. Ended up ordering one immediately at a price $200 less than I had been in at the pre- order price. They made 799 STLE's. Sounds like they are making plenty of GoT Le's. Demand seems overhyped for LE's with very few exceptions, METLE.

I would have been a GoT LE day one buyer, but not with the current playfield/art package.
If Stern puts together a better art package for the Premium, and after I have played the game, I would likely be in for a Premium.

Stern GoTLE = Missed opportunity (on Stern's part)

#36 8 years ago

The art does seem a bit disappointing but in the end it comes down to gameplay. If its a fun game, I'll grab an LE if not then hopefully Hobbit or a cool VE can fill that slot.

#38 8 years ago

I took a refund as well. Thought about staying in because I do like the possibilities of how the layout looks and some of the things mentioned in the deacription (see Whysnow's thoughts in the GoT gameplay thread), but the art on the LE did not wow me. I didn't hate it like others did, but the art and upgrades of the LE over the premium did not add up to approx. $1500 in my eyes.

#39 8 years ago

I canceled my order for the LE. Waiting to see what premium looks like. I hear it is a much better art package than the LE.

#40 8 years ago

Heard in Sterns offices today by a distribution manager...."GOT (orders) sure isn't no KISS".

I find this rollout so much different than KISS, KISS was announced on FB, along with the normal press releases, and updates almost daily on FB. GOT seems to be severely lacking updates, other than links to other sites announcing the original press release. Overseas GOT PROS were originally suppose to ship this week, but now even that has been pushed back. Very weird vibe about this. This was not a rushed release, it was originally scheduled to release this month over 18 months ago.

#41 8 years ago

I have the $ but am holding pat for now. Great theme with too many unknown variables. Pro at first glance is not "take my money" and LE not much better.I hope it's a kick ass player with great code...then maybe someday.

Playfield art is disappointing for such an epic theme. Not be all end all, but a big miss.

#42 8 years ago

I am genuinely curios what they think of all the negative reaction to the art. 700 x ? Is a lot of money for them to lose. I don't imagine the operator orders for pros were changed much over bad art, but a lot of collectors are represented here. The LEs are aimed at us and many of us have spoken with our wallet.

I don't see any loss of pride over changing it. My assumption is that it would be a cost prohibitive issue.

#43 8 years ago

They posted a change to pro on FB today (added throne as an ornament, changed sticker on back away from white walker). Prob delays from that.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from bax:

I was hoping this would be my first NIB purchase.

Same here. Wanted an LE but can't get over the playfield artwork. If they have a differn't playfield artwork on the Prems Might get that. If not, I'm back to looking for a nice HUO METLE.
Although a hobbit LE is tempting.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Heard in Sterns offices today by a distribution manager...."GOT (orders) sure isn't no KISS".
I find this rollout so much different than KISS, KISS was announced on FB, along with the normal press releases, and updates almost daily on FB. GOT seems to be severely lacking updates, other than links to other sites announcing the original press release. Overseas GOT PROS were originally suppose to ship this week, but now even that has been pushed back. Very weird vibe about this. This was not a rushed release, it was originally scheduled to release this month over 18 months ago.

The thing that really got me about this whole reveal was that leading up to it I heard statements of "Stern wants the premium pinball market back, and this is the pin that is going to do it." (Insinuating that other companies like JJP had captured that high end market and that they were using this pin to state that they could do one better.) Statements of: "Wait until you see the dragon.. wait until you see how it interacts with the ball.. wait until you see the layout.. wait until you see the wireforms.." Statements like that made me think "Alright. This is the one." and I spoke with my wallet, only to be disappointed shortly after the reveal. There was so much hype leading up this (and granted we allowed ourselves to perhaps get a little overly excited about this title with all of the rumors and speculations on Pinside). It's a shame that something that seems so simple on the surface could such all of the air out of the room. I don't want to downplay how "difficult" artwork can be, I'm sure it's not easy, but damnit if it doesn't seem like the short pole in the tent. It just feels like a missed opportunity for Stern to really deliver on their statements.

#46 8 years ago

Sent my money to Heighway. Full Throttle playfield added to my existing AlienLE order. So even if it plays well, which I'm sure it will, my money's gone. I've got enough machines to keep me happy until something awesome comes in.

#47 8 years ago

The issue is the playfield art. No way to fix that. Was considering pin but think it's smart to grab a huo one a year from now.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The issue is the playfield art. No way to fix that. Was considering pin but think it's smart to grab a huo one a year from now.

Yes there is, Reprint them!

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

The thing that really got me about this whole reveal was that leading up to it I heard statements of "Stern wants the premium pinball market back, and this is the pin that is going to do it." (Insinuating that other companies like JJP had captured that high end market and that they were using this pin to state that they could do one better.) Statements of: "Wait until you see the dragon.. wait until you see how it interacts with the ball.. wait until you see the layout.. wait until you see the wireforms.." Statements like that made me think "Alright. This is the one." and I spoke with my wallet, only to be disappointed shortly after the reveal. There was so much hype leading up this (and granted we allowed ourselves to perhaps get a little overly excited about this title with all of the rumors and speculations on Pinside). It's a shame that something that seems so simple on the surface could such all of the air out of the room. I don't want to downplay how "difficult" artwork can be, I'm sure it's not easy, but damnit if it doesn't seem like the short pole in the tent. It just feels like a missed opportunity for Stern to really deliver on their statements.

100% correct

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Yes there is, Reprint them!

this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-did-you-do-about-your-gotle-deposit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.