Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinFooties (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

What did you buy, wish you would have bought or what cool parts and stuff did you atleast see? Pictures? Not talking about games but all the other stuff.

John

#2 5 years ago

I bought beer and food. I would have bought more of each, if I had more time...

#3 5 years ago

Bought Beer, Food, parts for locals that couldn't make the trip. Delivered a game (not mine) to a pal's customer.

#4 5 years ago

STTNG and a Donkey Kong.

#5 5 years ago

Original manual & schematic for my recently acquired Captain Fantastic.
    And have a lead on a Mariner backglass.

The mods & new machines are cool.... And the vendor hall was great this year... But I prefer to rummage thru the odd-ball tables & booths of used stuff.

#6 5 years ago

2 sheets of playfield glass, a bsd manual, and a new credit display for my alien poker.

#7 5 years ago

Would have bought more parts but man prices were sky high on most. Could get from PBL + shipping for less then at Expo. Sadly enough.

#8 5 years ago

yeah kinda the way it was at tpf this year. no show discount at all

#9 5 years ago

Books, "magazines" thick enough to be considered books, and old pinball documents. I couldn't buy 45s with no Dayhuff booth there.
    .................David Marston

#10 5 years ago

New Stern Galaxy backglass, Rottendog power supply and a $10 bag of loose Data East parts.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Books, "magazines" thick enough to be considered books, and old pinball documents. I couldn't buy 45s with no Dayhuff booth there.
    .................David Marston

Awww....your so sweet Dave, I missed you too.
    To make it even worse I've have six or more huge boxes of records you've never seen, many in there sleeves. Problem is selling them for .25 cents apiece doesn't pay for the booth.....LOL.

John

#12 5 years ago

Under cab lights - a vendor at show as a guest with no booth, prearranged purchase.
    Speaker light kit - a vendor at show as guest with no booth, prearranged purchase.
    NVRAM, titan flipper rubbers from Rob - price seemed high compared to others, but giving him support
    Side blade art from pingraffix - decent show discount price
    Side blade art from Pinball Pro - item was not at the show, no discount, but got free shipping
    Pinstadium - prearranged purchase
    Pinsound - did not buy yet, but might in the future … had to hear how it sounded for myself.

I asked for show discounts prior to show from CoinTaker (as they were advertised in a way that seemed they were going to be there) and I got one anyway (probably on a now discontinued item that they wanted to clear out). Very nice of them.

At Pinball Life - Lots of stuff - over $300 worth after discounts were applied. Some very good deals.

Would have bought if they were there:
    More CoinTaker stuff
    Lots of Mezel Mods stuff
    Leg light ups - just bought some anyway (he's thinking about a booth next year … encourage him)
    Beatmaster shooter housing light ups
    Rock themed translites that I don't have if they were a decent price (none found there)
    Pinball nick-nacks (some use to be there at previous shows)
    Pinball themed coasters for the pins that I have
    Possibly some of the Lighted Pinball Mods products - if they were discounted at the show
    Pinduino - will probably buy soon anyway.
    Maybe some of the Mod Couple items … would have to see them before buying.

The booth space is so high priced that the small, lower cost mod people can't afford to be there. How ironic … that is what some of us would have liked to see. Back Ally Creations had some really great stuff that he was offering show discounts on. I already had the mods from him for the pins I owned. I hope that he still shows up next year because he was saying that he is going to soon start on some mods for a pin that I plan to purchase next. He makes some of the best looking mods.

I haven't read the other threads yet, but some vendors were a couple hours late on Saturday and closed a couple hours early too. The hours were already real short … in the room with all of the newest pinball machines that limited hours of access. I'll vent in another thread on that.

#13 5 years ago

side blade art from pingraffix
    mods from Lermods
    pin from Great American Pinball
    playfield from the guy in main vendor hall across form the jersey jack games
    banner from Hemispheres
    board from the guy selling all of the boards
    would have grabbed a color dmd display but ordered online with expo code
    bought a club membership/donation from Tim Arnold- it was really nice to see him.
    bought 30 losing tickets/donactions for the World Poker Tour to make sure they all sold.
    bought lots of beer and coffee

#14 5 years ago

I brought some of this stuff home.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #15 5 years ago

New ramps for my Creech!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I brought some of this stuff home.
    [quoted image]

That stuff is good!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I haven't read the other threads yet, but some vendors were a couple hours late on Saturday and closed a couple hours early too. The hours were already real short … in the room with all of the newest pinball machines that limited hours of access. I'll vent in another thread on that.

What were the vendor hall hours? I know that's one of the reasons I'm not a vendor anymore, the hours are too long for Saturday and I'd want to be packed up and on my way home by 6pm Saturday. And yes the booth cost was probably out of my reach as well. I'd need 2-3 booths easy.

John

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

What were the vendor hall hours? I know that's one of the reasons I'm not a vendor anymore, the hours are too long for Saturday and I'd want to be packed up and on my way home by 6pm Saturday. And yes the booth cost was probably out of my reach as well. I'd need 2-3 booths easy.
    John

6pm to midnight on Thursday and Friday, 10AM to midnight Saturday. I do understand vendors point of view, and would have no problem with them being hours late AND leaving hours early if it was free for us to attend. But we're paying hundreds of dollars for the limited access as it is. Just a different point of view. Maybe if they put some more of the games made within the last decade in the free play area, it would have been better. I'm not mad about it. It was a good show, just wish we had more time in the vendor area. It doesn't help that the most popular seminars were scheduled during vendor hall hours also. It's a time balancing act for the evening hours.

#19 5 years ago

25 cup holders and some extra parts at pinball life.

a few schematics and 5 Steve Ritchie signed and numbered cad drawings from various booths. if anyone has the 6th (spiderman) cad print for sale, pm me.

#20 5 years ago

Yeah see a fourteen hour day on Saturday sucks. From my personal experience as a vendor the best day was always on Thursday and each day after that my total sales were cut in half from day to day and Sunday was a total wash and another night of hotel pay that I could never recuperate. So say I did $500 on Thursday, Friday I'd do $250, Saturday was like $125 and nothing to speak of on Sunday. Generally if people hadn't bought it in the first two days there not going to buy it.....generally. Again just from my experiences at Expo.

Any NOS playfields for sale at all?

John

#21 5 years ago

Christopher Franchi huge Batman movie poster he signed.

Houdini topper from AP which was really nice.

#22 5 years ago

New clear ramp for TZ and a Whirlwind flyer at Expo and about $250 in parts at PBL.

#23 5 years ago

I went to Expo and all I got was a T-Shirt..
    LOL.

#24 5 years ago

Escalara. I'm done heaving these games by hand.

#25 5 years ago

I got my repro Sorcerer backglass from StarShip Fantasy, and made a donation to The PinBall Hall of Fame.

#27 5 years ago

Cyclone ferris wheel ramp. Most likely in on a MB too... what a gorgeous machine.

#28 5 years ago

Grabbed all the PinFooties I could afford from Pinball Life on Thursday. Also some red legs for Doctor Who and some new legs and bolts and casters for Barracora. Not a bad haul.

PinFooties (resized).jpgPinFooties (resized).jpg
    #29 5 years ago

I gave folks instructions to call me if they saw any nos pf's, with somewhat sand prices. I didnt get any calls. Did my people let me down? I know there were cpr pf's courtsy of starship fantasy, but I am no longer buying cpr pf's since they say they can make any pf in lots of 1 any time. so if I buy a pf, plus shipping, I wont be able to make my shipping cost back if people can get one from cpr. Their website dosent mention it, but I am referring to the thread by kevin months back about revolutionizing the pinball part world. If anyone has any info about the please PM me. right before the announcement by kevin, I borrowed the money to buy 8 TAF pf's to have on hand, as people bought games and wanted to restore them.

Sorry JD didnt mean to hijack the post. Did anyone see any NOS pf's for sale ? and do you remember how much they were? Maybe who was selling it?

I was told that expo was different enough that a friend who stopped going a couple years back is now looking forward to next year. Although we are talking about leaving early for a day,and coming home that night, because it is an expensive trip! I used to make it my vacation to justify the cost.

anyway it sounds like it was fun

#30 5 years ago

sane prices. sorry. little too quick to hit send

#31 5 years ago

After sorting through pre-expo sale search purchases, pre-arranged and onsite purchases at Expo, I sorted through my "stuff" and I have at least two things for each of my pins. Now to figure out which one to work on first - the needed items, the coolest items, the most expensive … the pin we play the most …??? With little spare time, looks like I'll be busy for a month or so now. Yes! Let some fun begin.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

sane prices. sorry. little too quick to hit send

I think what you really meant to say Ron was "insane" prices.......LOL.

John

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I gave folks instructions to call me if they saw any nos pf's, with somewhat sand prices. I didnt get any calls. Did my people let me down? I know there were cpr pf's courtsy of starship fantasy, but I am no longer buying cpr pf's since they say they can make any pf in lots of 1 any time. so if I buy a pf, plus shipping, I wont be able to make my shipping cost back if people can get one from cpr. Their website dosent mention it, but I am referring to the thread by kevin months back about revolutionizing the pinball part world. If anyone has any info about the please PM me. right before the announcement by kevin, I borrowed the money to buy 8 TAF pf's to have on hand, as people bought games and wanted to restore them.
    Sorry JD didnt mean to hijack the post. Did anyone see any NOS pf's for sale ? and do you remember how much they were? Maybe who was selling it?
    I was told that expo was different enough that a friend who stopped going a couple years back is now looking forward to next year. Although we are talking about leaving early for a day,and coming home that night, because it is an expensive trip! I used to make it my vacation to justify the cost.
    anyway it sounds like it was fun

I had a friend sell a hook and silver slugger playfield, both NOS, they sold for 300 for the pair

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I had a friend sell a hook and silver slugger playfield, both NOS, they sold for 300 for the pair

your killing me! I have a silver slugger game!

I am not sure why people dont come to me when they want to sell a pf. I almost always buy them. the only reason I wouldn't is if my cc is maxed out. I just bought 3, and I had to charge them, but I still paypal'ed them so I paid the fees. I sent as gift but when using a cc I have to pay a large fee.
    If you want to sell your nos pf, drop me a line. it would make me happy. Earlier this year I sold 80% of my collection at low prices to pay some debt, and the 30 pf's I have left are mostly sterns, and cpr repros. I keep a thread going every month of pf's available, as well as it is open for pf talk. stuff wanted or for sale. Questions about pfs and install. Pf this, pf that. I am a simple person.

So that I am not Hi jacking the thread again, my friend chris bought a MB LE repro. he has owned, I am guessing 25 new games, and he is crazy for this title. Evidently the LE model sold out at the expo. I have wanted that game since it came out.

#35 5 years ago

Beer... food....

And oh yea, a shiny new BSD playfield. Thanks Mirco!

Jaz

#36 5 years ago

The only NOS playfield I saw was Howie's NOS MM for $800

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

your killing me! I have a silver slugger game!
    I am not sure why people dont come to me when they want to sell a pf. I almost always buy them. the only reason I wouldn't is if my cc is maxed out. I just bought 3, and I had to charge them, but I still paypal'ed them so I paid the fees. I sent as gift but when using a cc I have to pay a large fee.
    If you want to sell your nos pf, drop me a line. it would make me happy. Earlier this year I sold 80% of my collection at low prices to pay some debt, and the 30 pf's I have left are mostly sterns, and cpr repros. I keep a thread going every month of pf's available, as well as it is open for pf talk. stuff wanted or for sale. Questions about pfs and install. Pf this, pf that. I am a simple person.
    So that I am not Hi jacking the thread again, my friend chris bought a MB LE repro. he has owned, I am guessing 25 new games, and he is crazy for this title. Evidently the LE model sold out at the expo. I have wanted that game since it came out.

Actually, I did message you about them and you said you were not interested

#38 5 years ago

I bought a left slingshot plastic for my Fish Tales for $1.00.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Actually, I did message you about them and you said you were not interested

Of course it depends on the title, the price, the condition, and most important, my cash flow at that time. You may want to send me an email of what you have available again, and I may have enough. Just a thought. I dont remember what you had.

I would like a nos MM. I have no interest in a reproduction.So if he still has it, and you know him, tell him to drop me a email.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-did-you-buy-at-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.