(Topic ID: 138974)

What did I do? Lights out right side new game..

By sparechange1974

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20150916-00040.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I was hooking some mods up to Iron Man, touched the positive and - alligator clip on one the GI bulbs towards the back of the playfield on the lanes that lead to pop bumpers. Now, two of the lanes and a good portion of the right side(under inserts) appears to be out. I guess if your not breaking anything, you're not learning. Crappy part is I don't even have a full game in it yet...Hoping not a big deal.

I read up a little bit on the forum, checked fuses(in the back box and two under playfield) and they don't look blown. What am I missing? Maybe I 'll pick some fuses up on the way home from work tomorrow.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

don't look blown. What am I missing?

Dont look blown, or when you pulled them and checked them with a multi meter they tested good? Never trust your eyes for checking a fuse.

I have not done a lot of repairs on Sterns but I thought I read recently there is a little LED next to the fuses in the backbox which tell you they go out.

Also the game was on when you did this?

#3 8 years ago

Yes, the game was on. A little too tired and a little too excited..not a good combo...Is this the one? Is there a trick to getting the fuse out? I'm a little on edge around circuit boards. I noticed there is two fuses on the lower side of the playfield as well by the flippers(one left,one right). What are these for?

Thanks for the help. I'll sleep easier now

IMG-20150916-00040.jpgIMG-20150916-00040.jpg

#4 8 years ago

F4 is out. Replace it.

Fuse puller works great.

LTG : )™

#5 8 years ago

F4 shows no LED; and is next to your GI lighting block. Pretty good bet that's the one.

They make fuse pullers. They also make pliers with notches for fuses (love mine). Some people just use a screwdriver to pop it out (remember, that's glass tho).

Make sure your machine is OFF when you do pull it.

Got a multimeter? Make sure the ohmmeter says 0 ohms. Or if it has a buzzer for continuity checking, use that mode and listen for a beep. This check MUST be done with at least one half of the fuse out (so that it is not "in circuit" with the other stuff).

Good bet it is blown. Replace it (look for the correct fuse!), and replace it. See if that's a quick fix, or if something else blew. Hopefully the fuse took the hit for the team, and failed fast enough to avoid further damage.

#6 8 years ago

Your F4 fuse looks blown, notice the red LED is out. Turn power off, use a tiny screw driver and pop that fuse out. Check with a multimeter in ohms mode for resistance, should show resistance if not, replace the fuse with the same amoerage/voltage rating that is listed in tiny writing on the fuse, you can double check itbin the manual.

#7 8 years ago

Cable tie! Best fuse puller Eva!!!!!!

#8 8 years ago

The other folks at the museum laugh, but I use this for pulling fuses. And it is wonderful. Especially when you're pulling literally every darn fuse to make sure it's correct to spec.

http://www.amazon.com/Jonard-FP-600-Puller-Plier-Length/dp/B006C3YM9E

#9 8 years ago

Thanks boys! Used a screwdriver for now, off to get fuses, multi meter and a fuse puller tomorrow. Love this darn forum, I would been worrying about what I did all night. Hoping the fuse protected the rest. Will know more tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-did-i-do-lights-out-right-side-new-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.