Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by timtim
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-07-19_05.34.32.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newsom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I was just talking with someone yesterday and we were both talking about how 10 years ago, you could get TZs and TAFs (and MANY more) for $1500 or less. In particular, TZs you could get super cheaply everywhere because the game sucked on route - not just did it not earn, but it fell apart constantly and had tons of problems.

Maybe if you knew an operator.

The typical price for a decent to nice TZ or TAF in 2003 was certainly more than $1500 or less.
    Many WPCs were $1500 or less but those two were not.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Of course the typical price was more than $1500 or less. Unless it was exactly $1500.
    Sub-$2k prices were the norm in the late 90's tho--at least for dogs like TZ.

Guess that I should have typed more than "$1500 or less."

Yes, in the 90s, TZ and TAF were sub $2K (and at times "$1.5K or less"), but by 2003, not so much.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Funny, I was offered them both multiple times at that pricing around 2003 when I really started actively buying (I already had two machines before that). Having said that, the average game back then was a dirty fixer-upper, but I remember vividly an op that I know trying to convince me to take a TZ for $1k as part of another deal I was making with him.
    The clock didn't work. There were no repro parts yet for it to fix it back up. And I don't like the game. Easy pass... But definitely not uncommon.
    If you were buying the way most on Pinside do, however, yes... $2k would be more fair.

Like I said

Quoted from Newsom:

Maybe if you knew an operator.

TZs and TAFs were highly collectable in 2003.

Quoted from goatdan:

In particular, TZs you could get super cheaply everywhere because the game sucked on route - not just did it not earn, but it fell apart constantly and had tons of problems.

There were not super cheap TZs everywhere in 2003.

By 2003, many collectors had already sought out and bought TZs from operators, as TZ has always been a popular game to own.

Yes, a person might have been able to track down a broken unshopped TZ for <$1500 if you knew an operator. However, the price for a working, clean TZ was >$2000, as Brian Bannon states

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newsom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-did-90s-era-pins-sell-for-new?tu=newsom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.