Topic Stats

• 252 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 days ago by Jackontherocks
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190519_132824_resized (resized).jpg
20191011_210704_resized (resized).jpg
2017082323273892943 (resized).png
rb.jpg
tm.jpg
Camerata+Mediolanense+camerata6.jpg

There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

? Why cause of the targets?
Two very different pins.

Not so much. A lot of the play is take straight from High speed.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Not so much. A lot of the play is take straight from High Speed.

I guess I don't see the similarities too much. Either way I love time machine.

#203 4 years ago

JP Jurassic Park, great flow and rules

#204 4 years ago

I have JP TFTC and LW3. love them all and they are all very fun to play.

#205 4 years ago

LAH is a great one also.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Secret Service is the DE that is similar to High Speed.
Time Machine is nothing like High Speed.

Agree on SS being very similar to HS. I have owned a lot of DE titles...

I like these the most, in order:
1. Torpedo Alley
2. Time Machine
3. Secret Service
4. TFTC
5. Royal Rumble

But I'm a weirdo. And yes, I have played all DE titles extensively, and do not really care for the more popular ones. One that surprised me was Laser War. I should have loved it. It's a system 11 era game and has decent sound and game play. It was the DE I owned the shortest amount of time. I guess I just couldn't get past the art. Still, it was a great first effort by DE.

Now, to answer the OP's question, I think Jurassic Park is the best designed DE package. However, I despise that game and refuse to play it for fun.

#207 4 years ago

Turning on Time Machine always cracks me up. Instead of the bong sounds, you get "time machine" in that ladies voice. Funny.

#208 4 years ago

Laser War is the best Data East for me, StarWars and LAH are pretty fun games, GnR is ok if you can stomach that band and Axl and Tommy just isn't a theme I'm interested in but not a bad pin, I really enjoyed Secret Service but like all the DE games I've had none lasted much longer than a month or two.

#209 4 years ago

Id have to say Tommy is the best gameplay wise. And those blinders are so cool.

However, Hook will always be special to me.

its ok hook, im not a well respected machine either......

1 year later
#210 3 years ago

Bringing this topic back from the dead

I stand by my opinion that Monday Night Football is the best! Most played game when guests are over

Everyone loves the option of playing pinball or football points

#211 3 years ago

Data East:

Laser War
Torpedo Ally
Time Machine

These are some great games at realistic prices!

#212 3 years ago

Data East pinball pricing is attractive, I think that is why so many get bought, but once you have one and you look at your collection I think they are always the first to go. They are just not very good for multiple reasons. I put most DMD Gottliebs in the same category.

#214 3 years ago

Last Action Hero!
Pretty damn fun pin!
BTTF for nostalgia.

#215 3 years ago

My top 5 are
1 Jurassic park
2 tales from the crypt
3 guns n roses
4 Tommy
5 Robocop
I also really enjoy LW3, LAH, and POTO

#216 3 years ago

Had all 3 of these for a failry LONG time and sold them all. Felt like they were good affordable games and a lot of fun, just not fantastic. Felt the same with LW3 and Secret Service. I doubt I will ever sell Torpedo Alley. It's unique, obscure, and gets a lot of play at my house. I still feel it's not amazing but I prefer it over all the other "not amazing" DE titles (all of them).

LAH and Royal Rumble are two that I wouldn't mind owning for a while though...

#217 3 years ago

I haven't had a chance to play many, but I still really enjoy my JP (especially with the new code). I think it has one of the better themes in all of pinball. Also the T-Rex is still one of the most fun toys. Of my machines it's the one that new players instantly gravitate towards. When I play it I'm typically playing to reach System Failure. As I progress though the modes I'll almost always collect the species to start Tri-Ball. I then do my best to progress as far as possible before using my Smart Missile.

9 months later
#218 2 years ago

Necrobump!

I have WWF Royal Rumble at home so naturally I like it a lot and have most hours into this title. I haven't played all of the DE games but I enjoy those I've tried. I mostly like the hand drawn art on the DE games. Star Wars is a gorgeous looking game but not very fun in the long run.

GNR is a great game. It's in desperate need of a pinsound upgrade.
TFTC have awesome art and nice gameplay. The crypt keeper laugh is a major downer though. Would like to hack the sounds files and remove it.
TOMMY is gorgeous looking machine. That yellow cabinet really pops and pf is so nice.
Baywatch is the ultimate table of cheese. Lots of ramps and nice gameplay.

So my pics are GNR, WWFRR, TFTC, TOMMY and Baywatch (under Sega label) in no particular order.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

TFTC have awesome art and nice gameplay. The crypt keeper laugh is a major downer though. Would like to hack the sounds files and remove it.

Already done.

http://www.pinballcode.com/

#221 2 years ago

i dig the WWF i just fixed up. ooooh yeah

#222 2 years ago

I'm definitely a Bally/Williams DMD era snob. But I do enjoy Phantom of the Opera, the music is fun for its production date, the sound effects and voice acting are fun as well.
Someday I'll pick up a Data East Star Wars and upgrade to pinsound and speak highly of that too.

#223 2 years ago

Yeah, WWF:RR, Tommy and Baywatch are great!

... but I've been thinking about Starship Troopers lately. *blush*

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I then do my best to progress as far as possible before using my Smart Missile.

As in life.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Yeah, WWF:RR, Tommy and Baywatch are great!
... but I've been thinking about Starship Troopers lately. *blush*

my dad has a Tommy with the pin sound board so real who music. Nice and fun game.

You can tell Tommy / WWF and more (i think JP and others is similar) was kinda of copying off of what worked in Addams Family. Lite a mode with a shot, start a mode at a hole. Then they can do a DMD animation, vid mode or whatever to start mode before spitting out the ball.

#226 2 years ago

This seals the deal. Gonna buy a TFTC now. Imo horror and scifi themes are the best for pinball games (beside music games).

Quoted from barakandl:

my dad has a Tommy with the pin sound board so real who music. Nice and fun game.
You can tell Tommy / WWF and more (i think JP and others is similar) was kinda of copying off of what worked in Addams Family. Lite a mode with a shot, start a mode at a hole. Then they can do a DMD animation, vid mode or whatever to start mode before spitting out the ball.

For good reason, it gives great variation if you implement the mode selection properly and balance the scoring. Chads code update both Tommy and TFTC to excellent machines from what I can tell just by reading the updated code behavior.

#227 2 years ago

swdso

2017082323273892943 (resized).png

#229 2 years ago

King Kong....really good one, shame they didnt make more.

#230 2 years ago

I have owned most of them before. I definately vote for Tommy with the Pinsound. Only drawback on DE is access under the playfield. MSF has the newer pullout style , & is basically a DE,but,still a Sega. MSF is a lot of fun.

#231 2 years ago

LAH. Has features you would have in a present day LE model. My first pin. Will never sell it! SW not so good.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

LAH. Has features you would have in a present day LE model. My first pin. Will never sell it!.

One Million percent agee!^^^^

#233 2 years ago

I think the Data east games are the best value at this point. With the exception of guns and roses you can get nice examples under 3K.

6 months later
#234 1 year ago

I have both Tftc, and Tommy åt home!

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

I think the Data east games are the best value at this point. With the exception of guns and roses you can get nice examples under 3K.

( dunno why Guns and Roses demands so much minst.. For the 4000-5000 grand it costs, you can get 2 better DE pins..

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Antoshka:

( dunno why Guns and Roses demands so much minst.. For the 4000-5000 grand it costs, you can get 2 better DE pins..

If you don’t know why, you clearly don’t get it. The fact that a GNR pinball machine even exists is a miracle.

1 week later
#237 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

If you don’t know why, you clearly don’t get it. The fact that a GNR pinball machine even exists is a miracle.

"I like the game, but it is waay easier than both Tftc, and Tommy!!

#238 1 year ago

Tmnt is a pretty boring game...

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

likely to never happen as long as Gary lives.

Quoted from mechslave:

More
I'm not saying you are a DE hater. I'm simply asking you to tell me WHY you think the GNR rules are so "bunk" and "horrible." I gave many reasons why I thought they were interesting and balanced, well integrated and varied with multiple strategies and paths toward high scores.
Once again, just tell us why. If you are going to make the statement back it up, that's all!

there are many skill shots, but why would you take anything else than super pops in a tournament? If you can backhand the band member saucer, u gonna get hundreds of millions in bumper points

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Not a cheap option, but Pinsound is an easy way to do this. You can either remove the laugh or add several other WAV files to that directory so that it rotates sounds.

I've been really impressed by TFTC - 3 spinners, 3 drops, lowering tombstone, shaker motor, superb dots, great rules.

JP is a great one too, but never owned one.

POTO has one of the best art/sound packages ever created.

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Not a cheap option, but Pinsound is an easy way to do this. You can either remove the laugh or add several other WAV files to that directory so that it rotates sounds.
I've been really impressed by TFTC - 3 spinners, 3 drops, lowering tombstone, shaker motor, superb dots, great rules.
JP is a great one too, but never owned one.
POTO has one of the best art/sound packages ever created.

you can update the roms on Tftc easily

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from Antoshka:

More
you can update the roms on Tftc easily

You could do that to remove the laugh perhaps, but adding different laughs for variety would be very difficult.

That wasn't the reason I installed a Pinsound though - I wanted to eliminate the DE speaker buzz and play the full opening TFTC soundtrack on game over. It sounds phenomenal with an external subwoofer!

2 months later
#243 1 year ago

Chads new TFTC code on pinballcode.com almost completely removes the cackle and the game is heavily rebalanced.

I bought the game upon his code release and burned a new rom and the game is better than ever.

No need for pinsound in this one.

1 year later
#244 51 days ago

BTTF
Laser War
MNF looks really fun

...also Time Machine is great!

#245 51 days ago

The best Data east is one of the first Sega its baywatch! What a great game, a real sleeper!
Great layout, flow and like all DE a bit cheesy. A widebody in a normal cab!
Cool big DMD with great dots.
Not too deep, not to shallow at partys all peeps love this one.
Wireform ramps and lots to shoot for.
Data east syst.3b i believe.
Never had a better day!

#246 51 days ago
Quoted from josh0203:

BTTF
Laser War
MNF looks really fun
...also Time Machine is great!

Time Machine and Secret Service are great, love the humor.

#247 51 days ago

Really liking my Secret Service. I haven't played any other DE game, but it's great for a quick spin.

Tempted to grab a Tommy with pinsound.

#248 51 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Really liking my Secret Service. I haven't played any other DE game, but it's great for a quick spin.
Tempted to grab a Tommy with pinsound.

Just picked up one several weeks ago in a trade, fun game with great humor and sound.

One reason I sought out a Secret Service was my first DE was a Time Machine and I liked it so much I started looking for other DE titles.

Might be another DE pin coming home this weekend..

I want to like DE Star Wars, but the art and gameplay really didn't do anything for me the few times I gave it a spin. Jurassic Park is on the list for a possible pickup should one make itself available, my kid is crazy about dinosaurs.

20191011_210704_resized (resized).jpg20190519_132824_resized (resized).jpg
#249 51 days ago

Tommy with the new rules and pinsound is the best followed by TFTC

#250 51 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Just picked up one several weeks ago in a trade, fun game with great humor and sound.
One reason I sought out a Secret Service was my first DE was a Time Machine and I liked it so much I started looking for other DE titles.
Might be another DE pin coming home this weekend..
I want to like DE Star Wars, but the art and gameplay really didn't do anything for me the few times I gave it a spin. Jurassic Park is on the list for a possible pickup should one make itself available, my kid is crazy about dinosaurs.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those DEs look nice side by side!

I was contemplating a Torpedo Alley.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.00
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside