(Topic ID: 247657)

What cool thing has a fellow pinsider done lately that made your day?

By ForceFlow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190708_181556 (resized).jpg
    2019-07-20 19.53.59 (resized).jpg
    20190705_173712 (resized).jpg
    5390F856-5938-462D-80D8-1ECEDD65CC87 (resized).jpeg
    D1573955-2793-4941-BCAA-8186E6FDDAF8 (resized).jpeg
    4F8BA90A-568B-4956-8D94-494B6DC54C4D (resized).jpeg
    20190709_180950 (resized).jpg
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Thought it might be fun to hear about some of the small day-to-day things that fellow pinsiders have done that put a smile on your face and made your day, but not everyone might have heard about. Let's hear about 'em!

#2 4 years ago

per3per3 came over today to try out Pinball Magic, and helped me reassemble my JJP POTC that I had taken apart in order to get down the stairs! Not a small feat by any means!

#3 4 years ago

I ordered apron decals for my jurasic park from fellow pinsider Mister Tantrum, i was planning to make them a little diffrent by keeping my old lightbulbs so i had to manualy cut holes if i would get them.
    Mister Tantrum took the time and made perfect holes in them and adjusted the lettering so now i have perfect custom apron decals with the lettering intact and the lightbulbs sticking out .
    And in real good thick quality.
    Always fast shipping even whilst im overseas fast delivery and a real nice guy to deal with!

Made my day!
    20190709_180950 (resized).jpg20190709_180950 (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago

I posted in the EM parts seeking thread looking for jones plugs for my Shangri-La coin door last week and @smohr mailed me what I needed free of charge.
    Also @rolf_martin_062 basically made me a visual step by step on how to rewire it!

4F8BA90A-568B-4956-8D94-494B6DC54C4D (resized).jpeg4F8BA90A-568B-4956-8D94-494B6DC54C4D (resized).jpeg
    #5 4 years ago
    #6 4 years ago

chuckwurt - best game of thrones videos tutorials around. Thanks for taking the time to help us all out.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Thought it might be fun to hear about some of the small day-to-day things that fellow pinsiders have done that put a smile on your face and made your day, but not everyone might have heard about. Let's hear about 'em!

ForceFlow created a thread which is positive and refreshing for reading for me and all the other PinSider’s

#8 4 years ago

dung facilitated a sale of an item I had to a friend of his that isn’t on PinSide

#9 4 years ago

Jodester has done too many amazing things for our family of pins to even begin listing them all. Most recently he fixed the flipper on Quicksilver and helped out our BSD that was having a ball stuck issue.

#10 4 years ago

Pinballer67 rented a trailer and filled out a shit ton of paperwork to drive a 2k game (which was a deal to begin with) across the border to my folks house in Buffalo for no additional charge since Fast Eddie doesn’t go to Canada.

#11 4 years ago

Pinsider Mike Shenanigander posted me a couple of Evil Knievel decals to New Zealand, all the way from Canada, to go on my EK restoration.

There is so much positive about Pinside, if you just ignore all the f**kwits.

rd

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rds-evel-knievel-restoration

5390F856-5938-462D-80D8-1ECEDD65CC87 (resized).jpeg5390F856-5938-462D-80D8-1ECEDD65CC87 (resized).jpegD1573955-2793-4941-BCAA-8186E6FDDAF8 (resized).jpegD1573955-2793-4941-BCAA-8186E6FDDAF8 (resized).jpeg
    #12 4 years ago

In the “do you ever feel like selling them all” thread, I posted a rather personal account of life changes I’ve been going through.

Several pinsiders reached out to me via PM to offer their advice, condolences, and even shared their own personal stories that were similar to mine. It didn’t just make my day, it made my month.

Despite what people may think, this really is an incredible community. Thank you.

#13 4 years ago

Pinside moderator Jodester is making pinball great again!

He recently hosted a pinball tournament at his place, and let everyome play his machines during the tournament.
    Thanks Jodester!

20190705_173712 (resized).jpg20190705_173712 (resized).jpg
    #15 4 years ago

Toasterdog sent me a shuttle craft that was missing from my STTNG and I’m still so very appreciative. Thanks again, and this is a great thread to show that appreciation.

#16 4 years ago

gliebig Made me laugh out loud last night before bed. Something about Vampire Ron Jeremy in Lil' Deadpool's place gave me the chuckles.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/75#post-5104070

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

PattyJ shared her Shasta with me

No deli meats?

Bummer!

rd

#18 4 years ago

@cottonm4 in Wichita did a lot of legwork helping me try and score a Farfalla that was for sale down there. It ended up not working out, but he really went above and beyond to try and help me out. I definitely remember gestures like that.

-Hans

#19 4 years ago

A pinsider by the name "Cheddar" spend a good 20 minutes on a phone call with me to help me work out a lot if the issues I was having after restoring my Captain Fantastic.

I thought that was going above and beyond the call to help me out. It was great appreciated. The game plays great thanks to him.

#20 4 years ago

As a newbie I have already made some great friends.

Some local and some not.

@dallas_pin

On my mod buying frenzy there have been 3-4 outstanding really cool peeps.

@pinwoofer
    @cpr9999
    @cointaker
    @hooked

Anyone I missed its because I forgot your username....Drinks on me.

Chicago here I come to meet some folks in person.

#21 4 years ago

Pinsider down in FL noticed a game on my ISO and contacted me to give me heads up.
    Then he picked it up and is storing the game.
    Then he found transport to Expo for the game for a very good price.
    He is holding it for me till oct and packaging for transport!

Insane how amazing pinsiders can be!

#22 4 years ago

A certain Pinsider offered to burn me a set of ROMs for my Cheetah.
    Another certain Pinsider sold me a couple playfields that I had been looking for.

Identities omitted to protect the innocent, but I assure you they made my day!

#23 4 years ago

PinballSTAR Bought a wheelchair modified SMB and donated it to a Children's Hospital. Just pure awesome...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-super-mario-bros-13#post-5104802

(Ps hope not to embarrass you )

#24 4 years ago

Coindropper sent me an assortment of Batman trading cards so that I can rotate them in and out of my BM66 apron. How nice is that!?

#25 4 years ago

Bschafer sold me this at his very good asking price, when at least a couple dozen other guys were trying after to get it too. He held it for me and even turned away a pinsider who offered more more money ( looking at YOU, whoever you are ) . A+ guy to deal with, made my week! I've wanted this game for a very long time so I was/am super pumped!
    2019-07-20 19.53.59 (resized).jpg2019-07-20 19.53.59 (resized).jpg

#26 4 years ago

A Local Villager and quiet Pinsider, @compran, helped me out with a nice set of slightly rusted legs!

Mousin now has Blue Legs, and I can move forward!

Slow moving in the Heat, but also grateful for the help from everyone!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Pinballstar Bought a wheelchair modified SMB and donated it to a Children's Hospital. Just pure awesome...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-super-mario-bros-13#post-5104802
    (Ps hope not to embarrass you )

That is really great Joe

#28 4 years ago

I still appreciate that TheBrewhouse helped me move a couple of pics into my basement (over a year ago).

I also appreciate Lloyd teaching me how to solder.

Finally, I really like the Secret Santa that LesManley puts together every year!!!

And to everyone who has helped me learn in this hobby!!!

#29 4 years ago

For me, the first person that comes to my mind is @j-freeze.

He has helped me out multiple times in the past couple of years - walking me through game issues (Jurassic Park), showing me how to solder wires, and giving me general advice on buying/selling specific pins.

You're a great guy J!

#30 4 years ago

Too many to list/remember...few off the top of my head...Chris Hibler..(sorry if spelled wrong)...helped me big time when I was a noob...helped me get my T2 back up and running...a pinsider saw I was looking for a hunter killer ship and mailed me a NOS one and wouldn’t take any money even tho I insisted...another member mailed me the hardware for the seafood wheel for Bad Cats again free of charge...many more I’m sure I will remember..........Joey

#31 4 years ago

I picked up a project Harlem Globetrotters earlier this week and @fatpanda spent several hours so far educating me about some of the board issues I’m going to be to working on... as well as searching for and providing links for many parts I’ll be needing.

Now... I can hardly wait to give a shot out to the pinsider who lets me know where I can get a replacement plastics set.

#32 4 years ago

And a BIG shout out to Bruce Nightingale who is one of the busiest men on the planet BUT will take some time to try and help with any problem you may have on any pin..........Joey

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I picked up a project Harlem Globetrotters earlier this week and @fatpanda spent several hours so far educating me about some of the board issues I’m going to be to working on... as well as searching for and providing links for many parts I’ll be needing.
    Now... I can hardly wait to give a shot out to the pinsider who lets me know where I can get a replacement plastics set.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/harlem-globetrotters/

#34 4 years ago

bowz invited me over to play his incredible collection (and drink bourbon) just because we lived in the same town. We’re now good friends that might have been two ships passing in the night if not for Pinside.

#35 4 years ago

solid guy for sure

Royale-W-Cheese hang in there my friend. You'll get to where you want to be soon buddy.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

bowz invited me over to play his incredible collection (and drink bourbon) just because we lived in the same town. We’re now good friends that might have been two ships passing in the night if not for Pinside.

Oh shit, almost forgot, then he sold me his beautiful LOTR at a great price. Solid dude.

#37 4 years ago

Thanks @hhaase... I thought i had searched their page with no luck. As you can see my searching skills are not very good. Add another good pinsider to the list!!

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Coindropper sent me an assortment of Batman trading cards so that I can rotate them in and out of my BM66 apron. How nice is that!?

It “only” took me 3 weeks to get them sent. Appreciate the kind words though. I hope they look great!

#39 4 years ago

Vids guides made my day a couple of times!
    Come back dude!

#40 4 years ago

I could go on and on and on about all of the Pinsiders who have helped me get Pecos Pinball up and running with their help, and who help keep it going. Yesterday, pinhead52 shipped an 'over the top buzzer' and a knocker for a Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy that needed these parts. They will go into the Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy down at D&D pinball. Thousands of people will be able to hear the annoying, but cool when you do it, over the top buzzer and the awesome 'crack' of the knocker when a free game is won thanks to @pinhead52.

He also coordinated with BallyCrazy to buy some parts from eBay UK and ship them from France to pinhead52 in Texas. These parts, too, were shipped to me yesterday, all the way from France to Texas to Tucson. Talk about incredible Pinsiders. You guys are the best!

ForceFlow was just one of many who helped me get Pecos Pinball started. He sold and sent me a bunch of locks at a bargain price that I put on the backbox doors of my pins on route. It is so nice having all of my backbox door locks keyed alike. Kudos ForceFlow for helping me and so many other Pinsiders with all you do on Pinside!

I participated in several USENET groups in 1995. Let me tell you, those were some wild and woolly days when the Internet was even more like the Wild West than it is today. I can tell you from that experience that the people participating on Pinside are leaps and bounds more courteous, kind and helpful than those folks were. Is there any wonder I got an aversion to social media? I even wrote about it:

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-reasons-why-i-avoid-social-networking-services/

I have made one exception to my 'rule' of not using social networking services, Pinside. Pinside is the reason I got back into pinball, so it was a wise choice to join and participate.

There are many people here who I call my friends. Some I have met and many more that I hope to meet one day. You guys, and gals, make my day every day!

#41 4 years ago

This wasn't recent but I bought my first pin (paragon) from an old friend in Sacramento, CA back in 2008. Steve from Escalon agreed to deliver the pin free to me in Las Vegas without even knowing me at the time. If it wasn't for him, I likely would never got into this hobby! Steve has continued to help me throughout the years with buying and troubleshooting pins--thanks Steve!

#42 4 years ago

I responded to a 4 year old ad that ripple had placed for a Gottlieb front door frame to replace my Joker Poker frame that someone tried to destroy. He no longer had it but went through his parts and found another one and sold it to me for a very reasonable price. Definitely helped out a fellow collector.

#43 4 years ago

A tech was troubleshooting on a pin of mine and called Randy from color dmd with a question. Randy suggested we try something with a part he had, and then DROVE the part to my house so we could try his suggestion.

#44 4 years ago

Got to play an awesome, restored t2 at pintastic last month. One of my favorite games, and have not had access to it for over a year.

Saw the guy who owned it packing the machine up at the end of the festival, so I got the chance to go over and thank him for bringing it.

Found out a couple days later that it was ForceFlow who owns it.

I've gotten a lot of great advise from him over the past few years from reading his posts on forums. It was really cool to unknowingly be able to thank him for how he has positively affected my life!

#45 4 years ago

Mr_Tantrum has spent WAY more time and effort than I ever expected by helping me customize my Nascar pinball machine with various 3D printed items to make it look more like the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's Brickyard 400--and doing it all based on quasi-accurate measurements from me holding a tape measure up to various items and areas of the playfield since I'm pretty sure he's never owned the game nor would he normally have much interest in it. So far, he's made the iconic scoring tower and the pagoda--the giant hauler plastic will be going away soon too. The tower isn't straight because of the angle of the playfield. It all looks proper while playing it.

Thanks for spending so much time on an unpopular title. Going to the Brickyard 400 every year with my dad was always a fun time.
    20190708_181556 (resized).jpg20190708_181556 (resized).jpg

#46 4 years ago

JethroP sold me a nice Bally Star Trek that was missing the backglass lock bar. A few months later he happened to find it and mailed it to me at his expense, wouldn't take anything for postage. Super nice and not expected at all. Thanks JethroP and hope your move to California has been great for you!

#47 4 years ago

Wow, all these nice posts. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Now it's back to GOLF.

Bye All.

#48 4 years ago

Are you kidding me? The people here are amazing. Just to name a few:
    DB2007 went out of his way to help me with the last nagging problem in my TZ. He remembered my TZ problem approximately a year after me making a thread about it, and took the time to pm me his solution. I'm still grateful every time Clock chaos functions perfectly, Dominique!
    pinballrockstar is a great guy as well. Bas gave me a great deal on some roadshow parts about a year ago, and turned out to be as great a guy in real life as he is in the amazingly entertaining 3 amigo threads. Thanks for the deal and the great talk, Bas.
    Thor-NL is one of the great ones as well. Besides just being a cool guy in general, he took his time to email me a detailed report of the dutch pinball open a few years ago, when I couldn't be there in person due to medical reasons. I felt like I didn't miss anything, for which I am still grateful. I look forward to shaking your hand again, and playing a game over a beer at DPO again this year!

#49 4 years ago

I'd like to thank Forceflow and the rest of the moderator team for going easy on me over the last seven months.

#50 4 years ago

O-din.............is................BACK!

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-cool-thing-has-a-fellow-pinsider-done-lately-that-made-your-day?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.