Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190607_182656 (resized).jpg
pinball7 (resized).jpg
pinball5 (resized).jpg
4A526AF6-AF5C-47B7-8F50-AC31EDA89EC8 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I will be receiving my WOZ tomorrow and and in doing so me and the family are thinking its also time to swap out the 2nd pin we own (MET). I live in a apartment and two pins is the total amount I could possibly hold and making the right decision is so key in a small collection.

Knowing the WOZ is a wide body and quite the adventure I would like to have a 2nd pin that compliments it the best. I have some thoughts as the family has asked about TNA and Alice Cooper. I know very little about Alice Cooper as I am just now starting to research it, however I have played TNA and really liked the intensity and speed. I also liked the coop mode.

I do believe it would be a solid compliment to WOZ, however because I can never get enough opinions I figured I would reach out and see what the community has to say about what they best think compliments a WOZ in a two pin collection. The only Pin I am not open to is the Stern Star Wars as I have already owned that one and looking for something I have never owned before.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance!

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I will be receiving my WOZ tomorrow and and in doing so me and the family are thinking its also time to swap out the 2nd pin we own (MET). I live in a apartment and two pins is the total amount I could possibly hold and making the right decision is so key in a small collection.
Knowing the WOZ is a wide body and quite the adventure I would like to have a 2nd pin that compliments it the best. I have some thoughts as the family has asked about TNA and Alice Cooper. I know very little about Alice Cooper as I am just now starting to research it, however I have played TNA and really liked the intensity and speed. I also liked the coop mode.
I do believe it would be a solid compliment to WOZ, however because I can never get enough opinions I figured I would reach out and see what the community has to say about what they best think compliments a WOZ in a two pin collection. The only Pin I am not open to is the Stern Star Wars as I have already owned that one and looking for something I have never owned before.
Let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance!

My thought as a WOZ owner, I had it for a year and it's not going anywhere, but I wanted to get a second game. At first I thought a good companion would be a fast shooter, more flow oriented, so I considered AFM, MM, MB along with some Sterns. I realized that as much as I like these games, they are not compelling enough in the long run.

So I went to look for a game that can play fast (Widebody excluded) but still have depth in the rule set and ended up getting a TSPP.

I am really happy with it, in many ways it is less brutal than WOZ, and there is a lot to do. It plays much faster than WOZ, and the added bonus is that there is no loading time when turning it on, and it's super quiet so I can leave it on and play once in a while. The fans on WOZ drive me crazy so I only keep it on for the time I play it.

#3 4 years ago

I'd go with the JJP POTC

TSPP is another good choice.

#4 4 years ago

SM, ST, or IMDN

#5 4 years ago

AFMrLE would pair up great with WoZ.

#6 4 years ago

Flash Gordon

#8 4 years ago

Batman 66

#9 4 years ago

Deadpool
Dialed In

#10 4 years ago

JJP POTC. Got the pair myself and lovin' it!

#11 4 years ago

If your only considering new NIB games I would suggest Iron Maiden, Deadpool, and JJP POTC.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

If your only considering new NIB games I would suggest Iron Maiden, Deadpool, and JJP POTC.

I am open to any and all games as long as it stays within solid state I am loving the suggestions and in line with many of the games I have had my eye on. I owned a TSPP and loved it, its been many years and that is one I never thought about bringing back until now! As for JJP POTC I never considered that as I thought it would be a bit too much like WOZ in the sense that its not a in your face, fast flowy game. Mind you I have not played one yet so its just based un videos and huge assumptions. I guess I need to get in front of one and play it.

For all that have posted so far thank you!!!

#13 4 years ago

How about a minty fresh AF. That would be a great 2nd pin. If you are already willing to pay JJP money you could get a A+ example of some great B/W games for the same $$

#14 4 years ago

#shadow is always the answer

#total-nuclear-annihilation is a blast but I don't think it'll hold up in a small collection.
Haven't played Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle so don't know about that one.

I'd say: Deadpool (Premium) #the_walking_dead_le Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Premium)-le #tron-(le) #star_trek_le or #metallica-le but you've got that already

#15 4 years ago

Great question. I’m got to say TNA especially for the quick games and great multiplayer, the light show and music make the pin stand out.

Other pins to consider would be AFM remake LE of you can and Tron or TWD pro.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Deadpool
Dialed In

Two great choices!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

The Shadow is always the answer
Total Nuclear Annihilation is a blast but I don't think it'll hold up in a small collection.
Haven't played Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle so don't know about that one.
I'd say: Deadpool (Premium) The Walking Dead (Premium/LE) Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Premium/LE) TRON: Legacy (LE) Star Trek (Premium/LE) or Metallica (Premium/LE) but you've got that already

I owned a shadow as that was the 2nd pin I ever owned back in the day! Solid game and I can see why you suggested it. I soooo wanted to love dialed in and The walking dead, however after playing them both i walked away flat. Dialed in seemed crowded and super tight (which I hear alice cooper is super tight) and The walking dead at least the pin I played on seemed a bit slow for my taste. Again it could have been how it was set up and I only played two games. I just remember being meh about it. I need to also get back in front of a walking dead as I see and read sooo many good things about it. Need more time with it. I would do tron and agree that that could be a real solid play for a 2nd pin to the WOZ.

#18 4 years ago

I’m going to caution about playing a pin on location or even at a show or showroom and drawing too much from that. I played DI on location and wasn’t impressed its much nicer if you can set it up correctly. I just bought a STLE this is a pin I’ve owned and played like 500 plus games on. The pin was set up way too shallow for my liking that if someone played it might get the wrong impression. I play games on location with droopy flippers and it’s just the worst can’t get a good feel unless it’s set up correctly.

TWD is not slow, I prefer the pro version but it should be a very quick maybe the pop bumpers area might keep the balls too long not mostly the ball should be moving all the time, muck like Iron man and Met pro.

#19 4 years ago

what about a rock music game?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

what about a rock music game?

I had my eye on ACDC and decided on a MET, as the ACDC Photoshop'd playfield kills it a bit for me. Its a consideration just a little lower on the list of the games since mentioned.

#21 4 years ago

how about keep MET and swap out WOZ for something else?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how about keep MET and swap out WOZ for something else?

I have been wanting a WOZ for some time. I really like this one and so does the family. Did not originally think I would until I played it! Love the MET just looking to switch things up!

#23 4 years ago

if you go with anything that's not a JJP game, it will feel different enough that you wont' feel like you have the same game twice. So you can go with pretty much anything. B/W, Sega, DE, Stern, Gottlieb. with 2 pins, you want both to be very different, or it's too much of the same thing.

#24 4 years ago

I have been wanting a WOZ for some time. I really like this one and so does the family. Did not originally think I would until I played it! Love the MET just looking to switch things up!

I see WOZ and TSPP as cousins, it's clear that Joe Balcer took a lot of what he did with TSPP when he designed WOZ. But the Standard body makes a big difference in how tighter/faster the gameplay is, the theme does play a role too, because let's face it, it's hard to beat the Simpsons (and the joy of hearing the now gone Apu !).

The unexpected side effect of bringing TSPP home is that my kids now play pinball a lot, where they had no interest in WOZ past a couple balls.

#25 4 years ago

My two pins are WOZ and AFMR. Perfect combination!

I had TSPP for many years and it was time to swap it out. I went with AFMR since it's a different type of game. Balances WOZ perfectly!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

My two pins are WOZ and AFMR. Perfect combination! AFMR balances WOZ perfectly!

That's what I said:

Quoted from littlecammi:

AFMrLE would pair up great with WoZ.

#27 4 years ago

Wonka

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's what I said:

Well then... You have good taste!

Looks like all of us Illinois-ans are in sync!

#29 4 years ago

AFM is super fun but maybe a little too similar to the Met layout?

My vote is Deadpool Premium or LE. Artwork is stunning, super fast and fun, lots of modes, great music and sound package with a truly unique layout that's a joy to play. I'm trading mine for a game I've always wanted that I reached an agreeable deal for, but you're welcome to swing by to check it out while it's still around! I plan on getting it back later down the line so it's also good trade bait for other games in my collection when the itch strikes you again

#30 4 years ago

Medieval remake

Addams Family

#31 4 years ago

I owned a shadow as that was the 2nd pin I ever owned back in the day! Solid game and I can see why you suggested it. I soooo wanted to love dialed in and The walking dead, however after playing them both i walked away flat. Dialed in seemed crowded and super tight (which I hear alice cooper is super tight) and The walking dead at least the pin I played on seemed a bit slow for my taste. Again it could have been how it was set up and I only played two games. I just remember being meh about it. I need to also get back in front of a walking dead as I see and read sooo many good things about it. Need more time with it. I would do tron and agree that that could be a real solid play for a 2nd pin to the WOZ.

I just reached Armageddon on DI for the first time tonight. What a rush. It's not often a game gets my heart pumping and hands sweaty like that.

#32 4 years ago

Iron man.

#33 4 years ago

Complimentary for me is a different paced game so, I’d go Star Wars Pro, Beatles, Iron Man. Longer playing games like LOTR, AFM, MM, would be too similar.

#34 4 years ago

I have a three pin lineup with WOZ, AFMLE, and DI. I would say if it was WOZ and only one more, AFM for sure. Any friend or family member can walk up and enjoy AFM with its simplistic rule set, fun bash toy and classic theme.

Medieval Madness would work too.

#35 4 years ago

Deadpool / BM66

#36 4 years ago

Go with TNA , it is completely different from WOZ (therefore a very nice compliment to) . Faster game times , easy to understand. Co-op mode is absolutely fantastic for families and friends .

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m going to caution about playing a pin on location or even at a show or showroom and drawing too much from that. I played DI on location and wasn’t impressed its much nicer if you can set it up correctly. I just bought a STLE this is a pin I’ve owned and played like 500 plus games on. The pin was set up way too shallow for my liking that if someone played it might get the wrong impression. I play games on location with droopy flippers and it’s just the worst can’t get a good feel unless it’s set up correctly.
TWD is not slow, I prefer the pro version but it should be a very quick maybe the pop bumpers area might keep the balls too long not mostly the ball should be moving all the time, muck like Iron man and Met pro.

I actually 100% agree with you, I need to find more local friends that own pins most routed games I have access are just beat to crap, including a DI.
It's a fair assessment and I appreciate the feedback!

#38 4 years ago

Bad Cats

#40 4 years ago

Something here?

While ST would be a long playing pin as well it’s just more flowing and combos make it a great pin for small collection.

4A526AF6-AF5C-47B7-8F50-AC31EDA89EC8 (resized).jpeg4A526AF6-AF5C-47B7-8F50-AC31EDA89EC8 (resized).jpeg

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Something here?
While ST would be a long playing pin as well it’s just more flowing and combos make it a great pin for small collection.
[quoted image]

Solid Line up, as of now I am leaning towards a TNA, however I just got my WOZ today so going to let that distract me for a few days before I make final decision! HUGE Thanks to GorillaBiscuits for making the trade happen that guy is all ACES!!!!!! Also thanls to Paul and his pnball moving company as he to was a class act!!!!!!

#42 4 years ago

I have a 2 pin collection with a JJP in it. Mines The Hobbit, but it sits alongside my Deadpool Pro that is being pimped out.

I think they compliment each other very well, the Hobbit is a multi paced game (from all accounts similar to WOZ) and the Deadpool is easier to understand your goals while still being deep enough to choose what you will chase. It's fast and furious most of the time.

pinball5 (resized).jpgpinball5 (resized).jpgpinball7 (resized).jpgpinball7 (resized).jpg
#43 4 years ago

u have the perfect game if its a MET LE or PRem......I like Woz but its a little clunky with not a lot of flow.....MET is fast, furious, with a great easy to understand rule set....if your sick of MET then I would suggest MBRLE, AFMRLE, or MMR .....

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have a 2 pin collection with a JJP in it. Mines The Hobbit, but it sits alongside my Deadpool Pro that is being pimped out.
I think they compliment each other very well, the Hobbit is a multi paced game (from all accounts similar to WOZ) and the Deadpool is easier to understand your goals while still being deep enough to choose what you will chase. It's fast and furious most of the time.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice I just traded my hobbit for the WOZ!!! I loved the hobbit it is a solid pin! your the umpteenth person to suggest Deadpool. I am going to take a look at some videos tonight as I do not know too much about it.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'd go with the JJP POTC
TSPP is another good choice.

Couldn't agree more. If you only have room for 2 pins in your collection then JJPOTC & WOZ are the only two you need. Although I will warn you....once JJPOTC shows up your WOZ will feel left out and may start to collect some dust.

IMG_20190607_182656 (resized).jpgIMG_20190607_182656 (resized).jpg
#46 4 years ago

DeadPool, BM66 or Monster Bash would compliment that IMHO.

#47 4 years ago

Solid Line up, as of now I am leaning towards a TNA, however I just got my WOZ today so going to let that distract me for a few days before I make final decision! HUGE Thanks to GorillaBiscuits for making the trade happen that guy is all ACES!!!!!! Also thanls to Paul and his pnball moving company as he to was a class act!!!!!!

Congratulations on getting a WOZ, one of the best games ever created. Enjoy!!!

#48 4 years ago

Nice I just traded my hobbit for the WOZ!!! I loved the hobbit it is a solid pin! your the umpteenth person to suggest Deadpool. I am going to take a look at some videos tonight as I do not know too much about it.

Thanks mate, the Deadpool still gets lots of love and we sometimes play the Sunday comp on Deadpool Pingolf just on the one machine and everyone loves that.
Hobbit is the newer machine, so still honeymooning, but they are so different and so good in their own respective rights.

Next ones are going to be different again as i expand, i'll go back to early SS and to EM as i love the simple things as much as the complex ones.

Contrast is what it's all about for me in a collection, i'm learning.

#49 4 years ago

anything
Woz has a unique layout, no other game quite like it
adding any other game will not make you feel that you are doubling up

#50 4 years ago

BK or DP if buying a recent title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 149.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 300.00
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-compliments-woz-the-best-in-a-2-pin-collection?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.