6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

If it's not TZ, I'm giving up on them and never buying a single product as protest

That's the one game I hope it isn't. I don't need them laming it up with a bunch of wacky colors to make it silly. AFM looks awesome, TAF looks really bad IMO.

Monsterbash would look nice since they are colorfull characters.

#52 6 years ago

I did ask them about Monster Bash a few months back, this was the reply.

"We're focusing on WPC/WPC95 games right now. Monster Bash is a heavily requested title, and we do have plans for developing a color display for this game."

Hopefully its next on the list.

#53 6 years ago

As much as I love TZ, especially mine, I do not want a ColorDMD for it. I just want a white one. Check this thread I started:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-anyone-with-a-colordmd-and-a-youtube-account-do-me-a-favor

There were a few of us that had been super curious about what a black/white DMD would look like in a TZ and we were rewarded greatly. It just seems odd to pay $400 for what will end up being one color.

Personally, I can't foresee looking at the triple hitchhiker screen where the guy is flesh-tone with a dark blue hat and gold desert in the background. That'd look silly and it's not the way I remember it. Or even the people screaming from the Town Square Madness in color. Nope, sorry. I think all those colors up there would look goofy. Call it sacrilege for a true TZ fan, but it's orange or white for me, no full color.

I truly hope it's a game like MB. That pin is so pretty and has a great color scheme that's almost marred by the orange blotch in the middle. That pin is begging for a ColorDMD, in my eyes.

Just my .02 .....

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

As much as I love TZ, especially mine, I do not want a ColorDMD for it. I just want a white one.

Right on 100%. That white turned out even better than I thought it would...the color thing just works for some games, and not for others.

#55 6 years ago

wow white is perfect for TZ. It looks like it was made for that game.

#56 6 years ago

I really like the B&W look. Less is more for the TZ.

#57 6 years ago

I think cv would be fantastic with a colour (or color ) did trouble is in it's current format it wouldn't fit!

#58 6 years ago

Please please please T2

1 week later
    #60 6 years ago

Tz and wh20 are coming next, simultaneously.

#61 6 years ago

monster bash dammit!!!!!!!!

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

i just signed up for the email today.. when will it be here approx?

#64 6 years ago

I emailed about scared stiff. Here is my response.

Hi William,

Thanks for your interest in ColorDMD and for the input!

We have no immediate plans for Scared Stiff but it is a game that we plan on supporting at some point in the future.

Best regards,
    Randy

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Thanks for your interest in ColorDMD and for the input!

We have no immediate plans for "insert popular game here" but it is a game that we plan on supporting at some point in the future.

Best regards,
    Randy

Lol, fixed the response to the standard business template.

Either way, love the product, just wish the plans for future products were more detailed and/or structured.

#67 6 years ago

Gotta be IJ for me. Lots of green, yellow and orange will go down a treat!

#68 6 years ago

Do they have any plans on doing Stern games? It'd be interesting to see LOTR in color.

#69 6 years ago

Is the color DMD just a replacement DMD? Or is there an companion logic board to go with. What decides the choice of colors, and where?
    So no sooner do I type this do I go to the Color DMD website, and see there is a companion board. So the choice of colors have been programed for each game then?

#70 6 years ago

I will be ordering if it truly is WH20 next!

#71 6 years ago

Since day one, I've been on the MB bandwagon. Also hoping they can come up with some kinda way to modify it so we could see a CV. THAT would be incredible.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

IF this happens im going to be down 800 !!!! yikes

#73 6 years ago

Has anyone heard from the ColorDMD guys if doing a Stern is a possibility for the future sometime?

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from scollins918:

"We're focusing on WPC/WPC95 games right now. Monster Bash is a heavily requested title, and we do have plans for developing a color display for this game."

Wow, I'd better start saving...these really do look great... Exciting times for the wpc/wpc95 pins.

#75 6 years ago

Sterns not happening for awhile cuz it's different somehow. So just b/w for now. Don't know when exactly tz and wh20 will be out but I'll be getting both for sure.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from idtattoo:

Twilight Zone would be a great title for color.

Hmmm... this statements strikes me as funny since the show was black and white

#77 6 years ago
    #78 6 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hmmm... this statements strikes me as funny since the show was black and white

Exactly why I don't think the colored TZ screens will look good. Well, let me rephrase that: They'll look good, just not appropriate to the game.

It needs to be MB and WH20. Both would sell out quick. TZ, not so much....

#79 6 years ago

Another vote for CFTBL. SS would be awesome as well. Of course I own those two

#80 6 years ago
    #81 6 years ago

Make some more AFM. That's my vote.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

Make some more AFM. That's my vote.

Huh. Got to agree with that!

But after that, please let it be MB! Really, MB has a ton of great animations that you actually have time to watch while you are playing. MB would simply be a great pin to showcase the color DMD.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

It needs to be MB and WH20. Both would sell out quick. TZ, not so much....

I think TZ would look great, the pin isnt in black and white... so I think color animations would fit the game just fine. Based on the production numbers, I'd bet this would sell out relatively quickly. And if you didnt like the color animations you would always have the capability to switch it to black and white... so you could choose based on your personal preference.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buschjs:

I think TZ would look great, the pin isnt in black and white... so I think color animations would fit the game just fine. Based on the production numbers, I'd bet this would sell out relatively quickly. And if you didnt like the color animations you would always have the capability to switch it to black and white... so you could choose based on your personal preference.

Exactly. The game is a color game. The animations on the Dmd aren't old tv sequences anyway. There's no reason to have this in black and white. I agree the black and white looks better than orange but my blue xpin looks better than black and white. A color Dmd would be great on Tz.

I would think we should focus on games with higher production numbers. Tz, Indy, sttng. And perhaps on just keeping things in stock. If the platform could be made slightly more generic then you could take the color Dmd base and program the flash image for a game. This eliminates having to stock afm, mm, TAF separately. On order, flash and ship. Not sure why this is difficult.

#85 6 years ago

How about High Speed 2: The Geatway people buy the alternate translight with no issue and they had a high production run. BR could be a tester and you get even more publicity thru his you tube videos. Thanks again BR for the alternate backglass love the new look.

#86 6 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-for-colordmd-titles

Quoted from markmon:

I would think we should focus on games with higher production numbers.

It takes more than just high production numbers, ie., see poll results in above thread for HS2 and T2. It helps to have high-end games that people are already dropping big coin on.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The animations on the Dmd aren't old tv sequences anyway. There's no reason to have this in black and white.

So, the the robot, the invaders, the door flying towards the screen....those weren't in the show? Why do they sell all these in black and white then?

http://www.funtocollect.com/twilightzonemerchandise.html

It wouldn't make financial sense for a lot of us to buy a normal full color ColorDMD for TZ when all most people here would want is the white color. Seems rather expensive just for the one color. I think they should just make the ColorDMD without programming for anybody who wants a specific color for ANY pin they have. Seems like easy money for the ColorDMD folks.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Randy is on here is he not? Maybe a poll to see what games the the Colour DMD should come out for first.

RANDY! RAANNNDDIIIEEE! Fantastic marketing strategy here man! Just throwin' it out there, seeing if it sticks.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#89 6 years ago

In full disclosure, I own an IJ and am restoring a TZ. But no preference, really!

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-for-colordmd-titles

It takes more than just high production numbers, ie., see poll results in above thread for HS2 and T2. It helps to have high-end games that people are already dropping big coin on.

Pretty fair point. Although I'd buy for hs2

Quoted from Miguel351:

So, the the robot, the invaders, the door flying towards the screen....those weren't in the show? Why do they sell all these in black and white then?

I dunno. But there are mods for those things on the actual game and they are full color mods.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I dunno. But there are mods for those things on the actual game and they are full color mods.

Agreed. Those mods would look kinda dumb in black and white on the playfield!

I just think that the correlation between the animations and the fact that the TV show itself was in b/w is a lot closer and it makes sense to a lot of people to have a white DMD for TZ.

2 weeks later
    #92 6 years ago
    Quoted from scollins918:

+ 1 for MB.....Cant Wait!!!

#94 6 years ago

I'd really like to see Wh20, but also don't feel like dropping $400 on a machine...

#96 6 years ago

IJ, IJ, can u hear me randy?

#97 6 years ago

I am REALLY hoping for Wh2O, since my other 2 DMDs are probably nowhere near the top of the wishlist (DW and GnR)

#98 6 years ago

I actually would like to see GNR in colorDMD. I totally think Slash would approve of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10,999.00
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside