Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kwiKimart
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has a lead on what the next game will be chosen for the Color DMD treatment.

Now TAF is out, I have a CFTBL and an IJ that are begging for one. Was playing Creech and that would be one awesome DMD upgrade with the amount of animations etc.

#2 11 years ago

not sure yet, would love to see monster bash though.

#3 11 years ago

I am hoping for whitewater, although I am guessing monster bash. Both would be a win in my eyes. Guessing wh2o would require a slightly different set up, being an older game though.

#4 11 years ago

TOTAN,TOTAN,TOTAAAAAAN!

#5 11 years ago

Its time for TZ

#6 11 years ago

Twilight zone would be a great title for color.

#7 11 years ago

TZ...Although, for amazing colors( Purples, greens and RED) and life CV would be amazing and especially with the display on the PF...even better

#8 11 years ago

Big Bang Bar.

LTG : )

#10 11 years ago

I just want it to be for a pin I have LOL

#11 11 years ago

LTG how cool would a BBB be! But I reckon that's going to be one of the last if not never as only 190 ish out there. Still we can both hope.

Creech is what I'm hoping for. fingers X

#12 11 years ago

the plan is to release 2 games at once next time...

I honestly can not remember which 2 they are supposed to be for...

#13 11 years ago

I do not think a color dmd would fit in CV

My guess going by numbers would be TZ and maybe STNNG

Though I hope WH20 or IJ

#14 11 years ago

Come on Randy. IJ should be the perfect choice. I would be glad to do some testing.

#15 11 years ago

At 10k+ made, IJ, STTNG or TZ are great candidates!

#16 11 years ago

Got both the MM and TAF and they are great. Love the way the screen lights up the Thing lights... One of the best mods since the Tron Video game mod v2.0.
    Al

#17 11 years ago

tz would make them BUCKETS of cash. i am suprised it still isn't done, strange...

#18 11 years ago

Well if IJ is next I'm in. This is getting to be one expensive hobby! Picked up a standard & wide body sheet of the non-reflective glass. Put it on BBB & IJ. Amazing stuff, really does make the back of BBB a lot clearer.

Sorry....back to the Color DMD, Randy is on here is he not? Maybe a poll to see what games the the Colour DMD should come out for first. Or develop a product that can be changed per game, which is what they say they are trying, but would you limit the sales of your product...I wouldn't!

#21 11 years ago

BSD! lol

#22 11 years ago

Another vote for Indiana Jones. That would be sweet!

#23 11 years ago

Frankenstein.

LTG : )

#24 11 years ago

FT would be great!

#25 11 years ago

Scared Stiff
    I hope

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

Scared Stiff
    I hope

that would be cool

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

Scared Stiff
    I hope

Red DMD cover works out well for SS, IMO. My vote is for TOM

#28 11 years ago

So...no one knows? I want MB .

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

Red DMD cover works out well for SS, IMO.

Agreed! That is what I have on mine and I think it fits the game perfectly. MB, on the other hand, would be ideal.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from haunted1:

Twilight Zone would be a great title for color.

Actually, I'd rather see a B&W DMD for TZ.

And no, I'm not joking.

#31 11 years ago

WH2O and TZ are next I think... but honestly I really can't remember 100%

#32 11 years ago

or maybe it was Creature and WH2O???

#33 11 years ago

TZ. Please!!!!!

#34 11 years ago

Mutha Loving TZ!!!!!!!! Please! TTTTTTTTTTTTZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! Do iT!

#35 11 years ago

While I would love, and buy one for my soon to be delivered IJ, I think it would look much better on TZ, STTNG, or MB.

#36 11 years ago

they need to release the tools that would allow people to "help" out with the conversion process and speed up the release of new revs.

#38 11 years ago

T2!

#39 11 years ago

Another vote for IJ. It's a good candidate. With all those video modes and mode start animations the player actually has time to look at the screen.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from diskoboy:

And no, I'm not joking.

Agreed!!!

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from haunted1:

I am hoping for whitewater, although I am guessing Monster Bash. Both would be a win in my eyes. Guessing wh2o would require a slightly different set up, being an older game though.

WW uses a speaker panel very similar to TAF... no lamp board on it, but dims and location of display and speakers etc are identical to WW.

#42 11 years ago

A black and white DMD would work for Creature as well

#43 11 years ago

TZ, IJ or STTNG, I'm ready. The Holy Trinity of WMS widebody games.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from diskoboy:

And no, I'm not joking.

You already have this

#45 11 years ago

If it's not TZ, I'm giving up on them and never buying a single product as protest

#46 11 years ago

I would like to see a TSPP or LOTR color DMD. Put a Stern into the mix.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has a lead on what the next game will be chosen for the Color DMD treatment.
    Now TAF is out, I have a CFTBL and an IJ that are begging for one. Was playing Creech and that would be one awesome DMD upgrade with the amount of animations etc.

Take a look at the Green XPin LCDs.... They look great on CFTBL.

Also, MB would be perfect for a color DMD...

#48 11 years ago

Below is a quote from the interview that Pinballnews.com did with the guys from ColorDMD:

"How are decisions made about the next game to receive the ColorDMD treatment?

Randy: We pull a name out of a hat.

Chris: I write down all the names of my games on pieces of paper and I put them in a hat... Really, the first two games were no-brainers. Both Attack from Mars and Medieval Madness have incredible DMD animations and gameplay, but were somewhat low production games. Another game with awesome DMD animations is Monster Bash.

The Addams Family is a pin with huge production numbers. Other games with a good balance of dots and production are White Water, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Star Trek - The Next Generation just to name a few."

Here is a link to the interview: http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/colordmd/index.html

Dennis

#49 11 years ago

Someone who has purchased from them shoot them an email and ask! I emailed, no response yet, but I am not a customer yet.

#50 11 years ago

dendoh has the list I was given

Up next as possibilites are all of those. I am pretty sure that 2 titles are really being worked on in conjunction and they have their first software developer outside of the business that is basically the test run. You have to understand that while they may want all of us crazies to help out and do a ton of titles, they are still having a tough time sourcing part to make them in reasonable numbers and they also do not want to have to troubleshoot 15 different new developers work at the same time.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-color-dmd-is-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.