3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by pinballinreno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cd (resized).png
    coindoor (resized).jpg
    20200925_175540 (resized).jpg
    20200925_175549 (resized).jpg
    20200925_175601 (resized).jpg
    20200925_175535 (resized).jpg
    20200925_175501 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Im looking at my IJ coin door

It doesn't look like my regular Williams coin doors.

It has s lot of metal assemblies on it.

It doesnt appear to have lighted buttons?

Had it been modified,l?

Can i get parts for it?

Its a dixie narco coin door model 15?

Should i replace it? Or is it stock?

Can i add lights?
    20200925_175501 (resized).jpg20200925_175535 (resized).jpg20200925_175540 (resized).jpg20200925_175549 (resized).jpg20200925_175601 (resized).jpg

#2 3 months ago

That is the correct factory door for IJ. Lights are 555 and are in your door. I can see a broken solder point on one of them. The holders slide off. You have coin bezel damage but should be able to fix.

#3 3 months ago
    Quoted from jtaudio:

That is the correct factory door for IJ. Lights are 555 and are in your door. You have coin bezel damage but should be able to fix.

I can get door parts from pinball life, are they interchangable?

I have coin slots and coin reject buttons for regular suzo/hspp doors will they fit?

#4 3 months ago

I have lots of parts from old doors. I’ll take a look tomorrow and get back to you. I should have what you need.

#5 3 months ago
    Quoted from jtaudio:

I have lots of parts from old doors. I’ll take a look tomorrow and get back to you. I should have what you need.

Great!

#6 3 months ago

You have a door made by Coin Controls.

#7 3 months ago

You'll need the flat metal piece, circled in red for the other side.

I'd get two new coin chutes if you are fixing up the door. The coin chute there is likely for tokens. See the zig zag cuts on the outside for keyed token entry.

LTG : )

coindoor (resized).jpg
    #8 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You'll need the flat metal piece, circled in red for the other side.
    I'd get two new coin chutes if you are fixing up the door. The coin chute there is likely for tokens. See the zig zag cuts on the outside for keyed token entry.
    LTG : )
    [quoted image]

I can buy all new parts.

Are the regular coin door psrts from pinball life compatible?

#9 3 months ago

So i guess, the question is, "where do i get all the parts to make the door new again"?

#10 3 months ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

You have a door made by Coin Controls.

Thanks!

Ill have to dig up the schematic.

#11 3 months ago

This thread I made several years ago has links to purchase Coin Controls parts:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-coin-controls-coin-door-parts#post-1937049

Be advised Happ is now discontinuing many of the parts for these doors. So buy up as much as you can before they are gone for good.

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-coin-controls-coin-door-parts#post-1937049
    Be advised Happ is now discontinuing many of the parts for these doors. So buy up as much as you can before they are gone for good.

This is awsome!

I guess ill find out what is available.

#13 3 months ago

Pinball life sells a brand new coin door. I'd just get that and some coin mechs and call it a day.

cd (resized).png
    #14 3 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Pinball life sells a brand new coin door. I'd just get that and some coin mechs and call it a day. [quoted image]

These are slightly different and I believe what was on wpc95 pins? Not s big deal unless op wants everything to be very original.

#15 3 months ago

I have a box of nos coin doors I bought few years ago that was from the 90s i was gonna use them but never have.. let me see what design they are .

#16 3 months ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I have a box of nos coin doors I bought few years ago that was from the 90s i was gonna use them but never have.. let me see what design they are .

I kinda like the roundy look of my door but its not critical.

I would like to rebuild my door, but if I cant get parts for it, ill have to replace it.

Though part of this hobby is the hunt for old parts!

The CGC doors look exactly the same and i can parts.

Who carries the CGC doors?

My AFMr has a great looking door.

#17 3 months ago

Is there a definitive guide to Coin Door Identification somewhere?

I see folks throw around names like "Coin Controls", "Happ", and others... yet I've yet to see a door with a makers' name stamped anywhere on it. Sometimes I see IDs on the coin mechs, but not always and again there's dozens of types of those.

Even between just the Sys 11 games I own and others I've worked on, are at least 3 or 4 "you'd think they're identical but SURPRISE they're not!" coin door variants. Never mind other builders and eras, etc. And the mechs inside a given door may be easily swapped and changed... or maybe not!

End result is it's very frustrating to think you have a spare part or know what you're dealing with, only to find out you don't... and have no reliable idea how to determine what you actually need or where to get it from.

#18 3 months ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

THANK YOU kenlayton !

All of the brand new parts I need were indeed at na.suzohapp.com

Your work here has really helped me out.

I found unobtainable mech hold down bars on EBAY. I bought them instantaly!

My door should be brand new shortly.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/coin-controls-coin-door-parts-picture-guide.325061/

#19 3 months ago

Oh yeah, I had forgotten I made that picture ID guide years ago over at the KLOV forums.

Basically, before 1982 or 1983, all pinball machine manufacturers made their own coin doors. It's what helped identify who made the machine was by simply looking at the coin door! After 1983, the machine manufacturers decided to outsource coin doors from manufacturers who specifically made coin doors. Here are the big manufacturers of coin doors at the time:

Coin Acceptors, Inc. (a.k.a. "CoinCo" )

Coin Controls (originally made in England and 100% all metric)

Coin Mechanisms, Inc. (a.k.a. "Coin Mech" )

Happ Controls (now known as SuzoHapp)

Over the years many things happened to all those door manufacturers:

Coin Acceptors, Inc bailed out completely from the amusement coin door/coin acceptor market around 1998 and now only support vending machine coin/bill handling equipment. If you ask them about any of the amusement coin door stuff, they'll say "Did we make that? Sorry no information or support".

Coin Controls got bought by Wells-Gardner (the video monitor maker for arcade and gambling machines) and had manufacturing moved to the USA and some parts retooled to American threads/standards. Then Happ Controls bought them out and started discontinuing some of the parts.

Coin Mechanisms, Inc is still around and doing quite well with their line of coin doors and mechanical & electronic coin acceptors. Only drawback today with them is that parts that were formerly chrome plated is now unplated steel. However, they still are great products.

Happ Controls merged with the European amusement/gaming/vending parts distributor Suzo Trading Company to become SuzoHapp. Then they started buying out just about every manufacturer in the amusement and gaming industries. This resulted in many company's parts being discontinued or had prices jacked up sky high by SuzoHapp. Happ's own line of coin doors got cheapened with softer grades of metals and tons more of formerly metal parts be replaced with plastic counterparts.

For those of you who need manuals/parts listing of the above coin doors, simply visit here:

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Coin_Mechs_Etc/

#20 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

THANK YOU kenlayton !
    All of the brand new parts I need were indeed at na.suzohapp.com
    Your work here has really helped me out.
    I found unobtainable mech hold down bars on EBAY. I bought them instantaly!
    My door should be brand new shortly.
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/coin-controls-coin-door-parts-picture-guide.325061/

Good to know the mech hold downs are on ebay. Everytime I look at Happ's site for them they either say out of stock with a restock date two years from now or simply discontinued no longer available.

I noticed in your picture you were missing a coin switch too.

#21 3 months ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Good to know the mech hold downs are on ebay. Everytime I look at Happ's site for them they either say out of stock with a restock date two years from now or simply discontinued no longer available.
    I noticed in your picture you were missing a coin switch too.

Yep, got a couple switches coming from Happ.

Ebay is hit or miss. Most often a complete miss.
    In my case the parts were there and I bought them! Good luck to others lol.

One interesting footnote:

Suzo Trading Company (STC) that is also Suzo/Happ is making most of the pinball rubber right now.

STC rubber.

So, its becoming a Suzo monopoly.

I look forward to rebuilding this door.

Its not dented or pried to death or rusted thru.

Its actually a pretty good door, just missing a few parts.

Oh and as always, Thanks ltg you are awsome.

#22 3 months ago

While you are waiting for parts, why not strip it down and paint it? It'll look good when done I'm sure.

Last year we restored a Twilight Zone coin door and took it to a local powder coater. He was able to match the original color and finish exactly.

#23 3 months ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

While you are waiting for parts, why not strip it down and paint it? It'll look good when done I'm sure.
    Last year we restored a Twilight Zone coin door and took it to a local powder coater. He was able to match the original color and finish exactly.

great idea on the powder coat.

My IJ game is destined for a high end restore next summer.

I have a flood damaged funhouse pulled apart right now waiting for a cab from Paul.

It seems that my new cab will be here in a couple weeks!

then I can finish up my long, LONG funhouse project I have stored for 16 years lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    $ 0.10
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Stuff
    $ 337.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 145.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 11.00
    £ 32.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside