(Topic ID: 280888)

What Clear Coat Brand/Products Should be Used on a Playfield

By Mikespinball

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mikespinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello pinball collectors/restorers. Have a question for you playfield restorers. I am looking to clear coat a playfield again and I am running low on what I used in the past. I have been using Dupont 7600s Chromaclear (got this from This Old Pinball) for quite sometime and am about to run out (Note: it's been quite awhile). As usual Dupont I know from the past would up grade/change the product just about the time you got use to it and liked the finished results. In my research this product is no longer made (not surprised) and Dupont's name itself has changed to Axalta.
    Anyway what brand and product are you using now PPG, Axalta, Sikkens etc and what activator that will work on older playfields and newer, also won't lift touch-up painting.
    Any help would be appreciated......Mike

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

I think the Dupont line is called Cromax now. I don't think 7600 is available any more but 7776 is pretty similar, fast dry and good gloss. I cant speak for how it works on a playfield, I haven't tried it myself.

You are correct, Cromax is the new product name by Axalta. I also found out by a local automotive paint store that the replacement for 7600S is HC7776S. Like you said, have not purchased any yet to try on a playfield, but when I do I'll report back.
    Thanks again for the help.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mikespinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-clear-coat-brand-products-should-be-used-on-a-playfield?tu=Mikespinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.