Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2023-12-22-13-05-10-72_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
    fuckingseriously.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8E529E98-BA7F-4106-BD86-4D1B7A6BAF9C (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    20211223_161015 (resized).jpg
    Reindeer_games (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1640256420730 (resized).jpg
    tp (resized).png
    rare-exports-meta (resized).jpg
    MV5BNDA2Yzg3ZGUtMmJlOC00NzY2LWIxMDYtODcwOTM0ZWZhNWQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    CW9aLAAWAAEb2W7 (resized).jpg
    B824A6FB-B52B-47E0-819A-785ED87540CF (resized).jpeg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

This topic has probably been done but I didnt find it in my search.What will you watch this year.If you can find Were No Angels with Humphrey Bogart you may find it pretty good.The remake with Deniro and Penn was just ok but the origional was a hilarious classic.Im also looking desperately for a Turbo Man for my Grandkids.Happy Holidays Pinsiders.

#2 2 years ago

Wonderful Life and a drink sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    Seems more relevant each year.

#3 2 years ago

National lampoon Christmas Vacation

#4 2 years ago

Yearly go to's:

Gremlins
    Die Hard
    Christmas Vacation
    Harold and Kumar Christmas

We did watch Rudolph, Frosty, and some odd and end old timey kids ones recently.

#6 2 years ago

I may need to go to search school here.I must be doing it wrong.Sometimes I find things and sometimes I come up empty but Its not for lack of trying.

#7 2 years ago

We have a family tradition of ugly sweater secret santa, followed up with Christmas Vacation (my all time favorite).
    When the kids were younger we used to watch John Denver & the Muppets Christmas special which was likely pirated from TV and burned to DVD.
    We watched Die Hard, after some convincing of the wife that an f-bomb every 53 seconds was appropriate for a 10 yr old.
    And of course we catch Home Alone and Planes Trains & Automobiles when they come on TV.

#8 2 years ago

Christmas Day:
    Die Hard
    The Great Escape

Christmas Season:
    Elf
    Christmas Carol 1951
    Christmas Carol 2021
    Frosty the Snowman
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Miracle on 34th Street
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    Scrooged
    The Santa Clause

And also for some reason:
    Buckaroo Banzai
    The Holiday
    Neverwas

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

Christmas Day:
    Die Hard
    The Great Escape
    Christmas Season:
    Elf
    Christmas Carol 1951
    Christmas Carol 2021
    Frosty the Snowman
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Miracle on 34th Street
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    Scrooged
    The Santa Claus
    And also for some reason:
    Buckaroo Banzai
    The Holiday
    Neverwas

Wow Buckaroo Banzai and on purpose.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I may need to go to search school here.I must be doing it wrong.Sometimes I find things and sometimes I come up empty but Its not for lack of trying.

Doesn't seem to be a smoking gun thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-camping-horror-movies-for-xmas

#11 2 years ago

Die Hard.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

#13 2 years ago

He was so young in that

#14 2 years ago

Home alone almost yearly because my wife loves it
    Last week we did The Santa Clause 1,2 and 3
    Yesterday was Earnest saves Christmas

I try to expose my daughter to a couple new ones each year instead of just the same ol’ Rudolph and frosty every year

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

halmark, I ADMIT IT.

I can respect that.

8AF7A448-A1D3-4C6C-9653-25699AC09CA6 (resized).jpeg8AF7A448-A1D3-4C6C-9653-25699AC09CA6 (resized).jpeg
    #17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I can respect that.
    [quoted image]

exactly

#18 2 years ago

The Christmas Wish, Christmas Angel. A Christmas Carol both versions with George C. Scott and Patrick Stewart.

I used to watch It's a Wonderful Life. I got tired of the ending. December 26th George goes back to working hard for everyone else and an early grave like his Father. When they had the basket full of money everyone collected, I wish they would have said take anything over the missing $8K and take that honeymoon you and Mary never got.

I do like the plaque on the wall in his Father's office. "You only leave here with everything you gave away".

Once in a great while A Christmas Story. Go Ralphie go !

LTG : )

#19 2 years ago

Lethal Weapon
    Bad Santa
    Jingle all the way( Arnold getting drunk with the reindeer was high comedy)
    Fatman was pretty good

J
    Fat J's Pin Wagon

#20 2 years ago

Is Lethal Weapon a Christmas movie?? Yes!

30B906B2-C5F1-496D-8CD7-69FF5500DC8A (resized).jpeg30B906B2-C5F1-496D-8CD7-69FF5500DC8A (resized).jpeg
    #21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I'm still waiting for the sequel they promised

https://www.comicsbeat.com/buckaroo-banzai-is-finally-getting-a-massive-sequel-from-dark-horse/

#22 2 years ago

Also I didn't see them here, but I need to include Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, and of course Scrooged with Bill Murray

#23 2 years ago

Gremlins
    Die Hard

This year my 6 and 8 year olds really appreciate them. Goes with along with my solid parenting style!

Forgot about Lethal Weapon.

Thanks

#24 2 years ago

Die Hard

#25 2 years ago

Holiday Inn
    White Christmas
    A Christmas Carol (1951)
    Jingle all the Way
    All the Rankin/Bass specials

#26 2 years ago

Best line ever. “Shitters Full” can’t beat Christmas Vacation

12A427AC-41BC-4A18-A17A-E5E8704EA766 (resized).jpeg12A427AC-41BC-4A18-A17A-E5E8704EA766 (resized).jpeg
    #27 2 years ago

Bob Hope Christmas specials for troops overseas.
    Bells of st Mary's

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

All the Rankin/Bass specials

Yes! All except for "The Year Without Santa Clause". My wife sings the heat miser song to me anytime she really wants to get under my skin. She knows I hate it.

#29 2 years ago

We watch the old Rankin/Bass ones, "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town", "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".....

I still get a lump in my throat every year when Chris Kringle and Jessica are getting married in the woods, all the animals are gathered around, and the Winter Warlock puts his hands together and says "Please....let me have just a little magic..."....and the lights on the trees all come on......
    Gets me every time.

santa (resized).jpgsanta (resized).jpg

#30 2 years ago

So Star Wars Holiday Special isn't at the top of anyone's list??

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Never actually seen it. keep meaning to so maybe this is the year!

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Never actually seen it. keep meaning to so maybe this is the year!

I would say if you like Star Wars at all, just...don't.

#33 2 years ago

I also find youtube compilations of old Christmas commercials to be a fun trip down memory lane

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

Halmark, I ADMIT IT.

My girlfriend gets pissed when she watches that channel. I occasionally add color commentary at important plot reveals . “Oh NO he’s a prince/royal? Now she’s going to try to suck a tiara out of his Johnson!”

#35 2 years ago

Better off Dead!
    Always hilarious.

41C4A282-5F12-4C68-B191-84DB8B54C8A7 (resized).jpeg41C4A282-5F12-4C68-B191-84DB8B54C8A7 (resized).jpeg9316A09F-697D-44D6-B661-53CCD8CF19E3 (resized).jpeg9316A09F-697D-44D6-B661-53CCD8CF19E3 (resized).jpegDA6C0AC3-0288-47F5-B9CF-73C617501621 (resized).jpegDA6C0AC3-0288-47F5-B9CF-73C617501621 (resized).jpeg
    #36 2 years ago

Debbie does Santa?

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Only watch the Rifftrax version of TSWHS on youtube. It will reduce the excruciating mind pain by 50%.

#38 2 years ago

A Christmas Story - I triple dog dare ya!

Double-Dog-Dare_Christmas-Story (resized).jpgDouble-Dog-Dare_Christmas-Story (resized).jpg
    #39 2 years ago

Not seen these in the line ups above:

Prancer
    Deck the Halls
    Christmas with the Kranks

love me some White Christmas, Christmas Vacation, Miracle on 34th St (original), It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Scrooged and A Christmas Story of course.
    My Christmas movie taste is pretty wide.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

That's a slight breech of etiquette, going right for the throat like that!

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

[quoted image]

Saw A Christmas Story at the movie theater when it first came out. It didn’t do too well at the box office due to the title. People didn’t know it was a comedy. Great movie! Watch it every year.

#42 2 years ago

Mixed Nuts

#43 2 years ago

Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Elf. Wife had me watch White Christmas last year, was indifferent, didn't love it or hate it. Just ok.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Elf. Wife had me watch White Christmas last year, was indifferent, didn't love it or hate it. Just ok.

Elf is a must

#45 2 years ago

A Christmas Story every year, It's a Wonderful Life most years. Otherwise if we have the time mix in some old time classics like some version of A Christmas Carol/Scrooge, Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th St., Christmas in Connecticut, etc. Think I might try The Shop Around the Corner this year. Not exactly a Christmas movie but a Christmas backdrop, and it's a very highly rated movie I've been meaning to see for years anyway.

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Better off Dead!
    Always hilarious.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Which for some strange reason has yet to ever show up on digital video. Thankfully the Blu-Ray is still in print, and cheap.

#46 2 years ago

Die hard.. a Christmas movie after all

#47 2 years ago

Die Hard
    Die Hard 2: Die Harder
    Home Alone
    Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
    Reindeer Games
    Bad Santa, but not Bad Santa 2
    Silent Night, Deadly Night
    Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2
    Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out!
    Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation
    Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

A Christmas Story every year, It's a Wonderful Life most years. Otherwise if we have the time mix in some old time classics like some version of A Christmas Carol/Scrooge, Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th St., Christmas in Connecticut, etc. Think I might try The Shop Around the Corner this year. Not exactly a Christmas movie but a Christmas backdrop, and it's a very highly rated movie I've been meaning to see for years anyway.

Which for some strange reason has yet to ever show up on digital video. Thankfully the Blu-Ray is still in print, and cheap.

The Shop around the Corner is very good but I like The Bishops Wife even more. Great Christmas movie! Carey Grant is perfect as Dudley the angel. The scene where Dudley decorates a Xmas tree is pretty cool.

B824A6FB-B52B-47E0-819A-785ED87540CF (resized).jpegB824A6FB-B52B-47E0-819A-785ED87540CF (resized).jpeg
    #49 2 years ago

I do think Die Hard is a Christmas movie. I didn't put it on my list because I see it often through the year so I generally don't watch it at Christmas.

LTG : )

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

I think I have it on DVD.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-christmas-movies-do-you-watch?hl=tiki_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.