You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200708_140148 (resized).jpg
20200708_140158 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi:

I just had my AFM playfield swap done and while the work done was great, I was disheartened to find some of inserts with "clouding". (Please see pictures.)

Had I noticed this before the swap, I would have never moved forward with the work. It is like a fly on a beautiful cake.

The playfield is a Mirco reproduction I purchased back in 2011 and had the clearcoat polished. It sat in my home for about 6 years before getting installed.

Can anything be done short of replacing the playfield again? Uggh.

Thank you for any thoughts on the matter.

20200708_140148 (resized).jpg20200708_140148 (resized).jpg20200708_140158 (resized).jpg20200708_140158 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

That is the clear coat separating from the inserts . Only way to fix is to remove the problem clear and re clear it .

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from teksavy:

Hi:
I just had my AFM playfield swap done and while the work done was great, I was disheartened to find some of inserts with "clouding". (Please see pictures.)
Had I noticed this before the swap, I would have never moved forward with the work. It is like a fly on a beautiful cake.
The playfield is a Mirco reproduction I purchased back in 2011 and had the clearcoat polished. It sat in my home for about 6 years before getting installed.
Can anything be done short of replacing the playfield again? Uggh.
Thank you for any thoughts on the matter.[quoted image][quoted image]

Have you asked Mirco?

It looks like the clear is lifting off the inserts.

There are some really switched on Pinsiders that will be able to tell you what that is and if it can be repaired. I have received some amazing help from Pinside re playfields.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Have you asked Mirco?
It looks like the clear is lifting off the inserts.
There are some really switched on Pinsiders that will be able to tell you what that is and if it can be repaired. I have teceived some amazing help from Pinside re playfields.

Would Micro do anything about a 9 year old playfield

I’m wondering how the playfield was polished, by hand or mechanical. If mechanical than would the heat from that process contribute to what is going on with the inserts.

#5 3 years ago

It's the clear lifting from the insert. You need to have the PF recleared or just live with it.

#6 3 years ago

Please contact me, I will ship a free replacement.

Regards,
Mirco

#7 3 years ago

Now that’s an unexpected twist.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Regards,
Mirco

Wow!

JUST F#cking WOW!!!!!

Playfield swap on AFM is pretty easy compared to most.

#9 3 years ago

AMAZING ... I was about t ask how the playfield was stored but if they are going to just replace it, I feel like I just time traveled 50 years into the past to a time when manufactures actually gave a rats ass about the consumer and stood behind their products!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Would Micro do anything about a 9 year old playfield
I’m wondering how the playfield was polished, by hand or mechanical. If mechanical than would the heat from that process contribute to what is going on with the inserts.

You need to let manufacturers know if there are any stuff ups. Look at the response from Mirco.

#11 3 years ago

Regards,
Mirco

Really? That is very unexpected! I'll PM you now to get the details.

#12 3 years ago

Regards,
Mirco

Thanks how you do it. The cost of swapping it out for the customer isn’t small but the value of the street cred as a manufacturer is priceless. Bravo!

#13 3 years ago

Wow! Great support from Mirco. That's really good to see.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from teksavy:

Would love to hear if this actually gets resolved or if it is just an easy reply to look good.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from teksavy:

Wow. You couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

Gosh, I bought a couple from that run too, and I know at least one of them is still in storage, being saved for a rainy day. i can recall them having some soft of 'ceramic' upgrade (whatever that is.)

I will have to go check it out soon, but I would be totally surprised if it has the same thing only because we haven't heard this from anyone else.

1 week later
#16 3 years ago

So I wanted to update this thread to let everyone know that Mirco did indeed send me a replacement playfield! They even shipped it FedEx international priority at their expense. The top of the playfield is perfect, the bottom needs some wood filler to address a defect, but it is better than nothing.

Thank you Mirco.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Wanted
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 21.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-causes-insert-clouding-afm-w-mirco-repro-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.