Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dmklunk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

The last pin I bought was a HS2 about 1.5 years ago. At that time there were a lot of good titles available for $2k or less. Based on the price check posts it looks like pin prices have climbed fast. So what do you recommend for under $2k these days? I'm located in Michigan by the Ohio line if region makes any difference.
    Thanks!
    Tim

#2 10 years ago

Judge Dredd, Taxi, and Whirlwind can be found for under $2K

#3 10 years ago

No Fear, Fish Tales, BSD, WPT are all great ones for 2k or less but it depends on condition. You just have to look around and be patient. You probably won't find a gorgeous FT or BSD for under 2k but you can find a decent one with a faded cabinet.

#4 10 years ago

Hurricane is another. I know it doesn't get a lot of love here, but I had fun with mine.

#5 10 years ago

I'd recommend a System 11 machine. Definitely best "bang for buck" deal out there. Earthshaker, Whirlwind, Diner, Taxi, Elvira and the Party Monsters, to name a few.

#6 10 years ago

In average (or below) condition? You can buy a LOT for 2K. You should ask this question providing more details like. "I don't care if it's a beater" AND if you want a DMD or digital scoring solid state. I am still thinking the best DMD games for under 2K are Starship Troopers, Mario Andretti, Baywatch, and Royal Rumble. X Files, Godzilla, Goldeneye aren't bad games either... but they may only be under 2K in the summer months or if an unshopped/routed game. The themes are so-so but they are all good games for 2500 or (WAY) less.

#7 10 years ago

JM, congo, Gottlieb games, WPT for a newer game, NASCAR, JD, DM, LWJP. yeah, they are out but you sometimes have to wait and look for them.

#8 10 years ago

Be patient is the best advice. I too have around 2k to spend, and I have seen a Judge Dredd, Star Trek, and Lethal Weapon 3 all very close to me in good shape, all under 2k, but just not what i'm looking for. Still holding out hoping to find an Elvira and the Party Monsters or Tales from the Crypt in that price range, no luck. I do believe prices for popular machines are a bit higher here in the Lone Star State.....

#9 10 years ago

I bought my RS for slightly over that, and pin prices are pretty high here in socal. Before that i was looking at a world cup soccer.

#10 10 years ago

Cyclone, Earthshaker, Demolition Man, maybe a Star Wars DE.

#11 10 years ago

A space jam and a pacman upright

Both working well

#12 10 years ago

We've just got a bunch of pins in, and while most of them are dirty and need work, I'd be happy to shop and sell just about any of 'em for 2k each. We're in Cleveland too, so it's not a bad drive. Let's see. We have:

World Cup Soccer
    Gilligan's Island
    Whirlwind
    Judge Dredd
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    Tales from the Crypt
    Goldeneye
    DE Batman
    The Machine
    Terminator 2
    Diner
    Baywatch

plus we have (not sure on the price, but probably not much over 2k)
    X-files
    Black Rose
    MSF
    Beat up South Park
    Stargate
    Flintstones

We also have a BSD, but the jerks removed the main entry ramp before they sold it to us, so until I can find one, that's not available yet.

and possibly a couple other I'm forgetting.

#13 10 years ago

WCS'94 is still the best bang for your buck pin out there.

#15 10 years ago

Lots of good games out there for $2000 and less. look at Sega and Gottlieb for the best bang for the buck in my opinion. $2000 is actually the most I have spent and all of my current collection has been bought in the last 3 years.

#16 10 years ago

Judge Dredd and Getaway are two great ones you can usually find in that price range.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from CadillacMusic:

We've just got a bunch of pins in, and while most of them are dirty and need work, I'd be happy to shop and sell just about any of 'em for 2k each. We're in Cleveland too, so it's not a bad drive. Let's see. We have:
    World Cup Soccer
    Gilligan's Island
    Whirlwind
    Judge Dredd
    rocky and bullwinkle
    Tales from the Crypt
    Goldeneye
    DE Batman
    The Machine
    Terminator 2
    Diner
    Baywatch
    plus we have (not sure on the price, but probably not much over 2k)
    X-files
    Black Rose
    MSF
    Beat up South Park
    Stargate
    Flintstones
    We also have a BSD, but the jerks removed the main entry ramp before they sold it to us, so until I can find one, that's not available yet.
    and possibly a couple other I'm forgetting.

Sorry I don't see anything on that first or second list that would be over 2k and a beat up SP over 2k yah right,, xfiles over 2k come on man are you for real. The second list should be cheaper then the first.

#18 10 years ago

Anybody in Texas got EatPM or TftC for under 2k for sale? If so, I'll be making a road trip this weekend

#19 10 years ago

I've got a fully working (no credit dot) No Fear in Columbus that I would sell for $1800. It's in pretty nice shape but does have cabinet fade. Just let me know if you'd like pics or more info.

#20 10 years ago

WCS, JM, Dr.Who, T2, DM, JP, SG, FT, BOP, BF, JB, DH, MSF......

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Cyclone, Earthshaker, Demolition Man, maybe a Star Wars DE.

Don't expect the SWDE been autographed then....

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Sorry I don't see anything on that first or second list that would be over 2k and a beat up SP over 2k yah right,, xfiles over 2k come on man are you for real. The second list should be cheaper then the first.

*shrug* I'm not making him buy them. It's just ones that will make money for us on the route. Naturally we're selling them for more. Considering anyone else who does retail tends to mark up by over $1000, I don't think it's unreasonable to sell them for $300 more than 11-month-old book price.

#23 10 years ago

Be patient - the market seems to be stabilizing. There will be fair prices to be had if you wait.

#24 10 years ago

DMD another vote for WCS94 - pre-DMD my vote is for Whirlwind

#25 10 years ago

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I will be patient as many of you have suggested and maybe look for a WCS94 or Whirlwind to come on the market within a reasonable distance.

@CadillacMusic - I appreciate the list but I really don't want to pay a premium... although I do give you credit for being in the retail market and not marking things up by $1000... which I agree seems to be the norm.

Personally I like the old 80s games (meteor, black hole, blackout, flash gordon) but the kids can't seem to get into anything that doesn't have some bling.

#26 10 years ago

You could find a WPT for around $2k, and no other pin comes CLOSE for that price! (Although WCS is very cool.) WPT has incredible depth and rules integration. Playfield by Steve Ritchie; Rules by Keefer; Music by Chris Granner. And 16 f'n drop targets!

#27 10 years ago

Can you still find a fish tales for 2k?

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from garman411:

Can you still find a Fish Tales for 2k?

I haven't in quite a while but if you could find one for $2k or less that would be an excellent choice for a first pin.

#29 10 years ago

You have kids, huh. I would say WCS, Jurassic Park or Monopoly. HS2, which I have like you, is fun for me, but not for the kids or my wife.

#30 10 years ago

I have several I would let go for around 2k or less. Space shuttle 1300, BK 1300, hurricane 1500, HD2 2250, FT 2200, BSD 2300, and slugfest(not a pin) 1100.

Lots of good stuff out there for 2ish and under.

#31 10 years ago

I have a SST that just about shopped and ready to go at 1700

#32 10 years ago

Baywatch and SST are best bangs for the buck. JP still can be found for sub 2k. DE SW as well. Batman forever. Tons of great games out there for 2k and under. You probably have 50 to pick from for DMD's and 100's for alpha numeric and early SS.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I have a SST that just about shopped and ready to go at 1700

quiet down about SST's. I don't need temptations. Especially if the cabinet is very nice and florescents arn't faded.

#34 10 years ago

A Jackbot. One of the most under-rated and low production run Williams pins in existence.

#35 10 years ago

HS2, WW, Dr. Who or T2 are 4 games you should be able to get for under $2K and all four are a lot of fun.....I would rate them HS2, WW, T2 and then Dr. Who. You also might be able to find a JP for under $2K and that is a pin a lot of people like as well....the days of a Shadow or BSD for under $2K are probably gone !!!!

#36 10 years ago

200 rolls of quarters.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmods:

A Jackbot. One of the most under-rated and low production run Williams pins in existence.

+1

Or Whirlwind or Elvira, two of my favorites, or HS2/Getaway.

#38 10 years ago

Anyone else hear the 2liveCrew/FullMetalJacket line when reading the thread title?

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Anyone else hear the 2liveCrew/FullMetalJacket line when reading the thread title?

That was "What can I get for $10?. Evwy fing you want! Everything!....evwy fing!"

#40 10 years ago

I'm in the NW and ya can't get muffin for 2gs
    There's are some good system 11s

#41 10 years ago

a Batman forever under 2K? Those really show up?

#42 10 years ago

hell yea the do. See them for $1500 a lot, even these days.

#43 10 years ago

Captain Neo... how are you my old friend? If you can point me towards one of those, I would be a buyer!

Thanks
    Steve

#44 10 years ago

mostly over here. Your kinda stuck in the corner of the world over there. Only one direction to drive....diagonal SW Makes your traveling limited. Need to be over here to get good deals. More available all directions.

#45 10 years ago

Moving 60 miles in the other direction later this month...: (

But could also get it shipped

#46 10 years ago

If ANYONE has a Batman Forever at 1500.00 I would be very interested, located in RI.. moving to MA soon

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

I'm in the NW and ya can't get muffin for 2gs

But we do gots us really cheap cases of Shasta at WinCo!

#48 10 years ago

For $2500 I would sell a slot machine, a Bally Dungeons and Dragons pinball machine, and an unfaded Judge Dredd pinball machine.

#49 10 years ago

I'll say it again. JackBot. Only 2400 produced with an awesome theme and great video modes.

Oh and did I mention that I have one for sale?

#50 10 years ago

start a thread for WTB for Batman forever and you'd be surprised.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-can-i-get-for-2k/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.