(Topic ID: 158743)

what can I do if machine is not as described?

By i_b_flippin

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MTE5NDg0MDU1MjIyNTg0ODQ3_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
DSCN1013_(resized).JPG
DSCN1012_(resized).JPG
DSCN1011_(resized).JPG
DSCN1010_(resized).JPG
DSCN1009_(resized).JPG
DSCN1008_(resized).JPG
DSCN1007_(resized).JPG
DSCN1006_(resized).JPG
DSCN1005_(resized).JPG
DSCN1003_(resized).JPG
IMG_0975_(resized).jpg
IMG_0974_(resized).jpg
IMG_0972_(resized).jpg
IMG_0969_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#29 3 years ago

having dealt with Rob myself 3 or 4 times, I am surprised by your situation. I would contact him and go over your issues.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

Guys,
This was a players shape shadow, it left our shop working perfect w/ no credit dot or issues. mildy shopped, w/ leds. The playfield on this particular shadow was in excellent shape w/ very little to no sanctum wear. The playfield condition warranted a slightly higher price and offset the cabinet issues.
It was described as great playing machine, with minor cosmetic issues. (yes the board hacks look ugly and I should have caught that)
$3200 was our full retail price. Retail prices are always higher than pinside or other hobby sight prices.
Absolutely no smoke or mirrors here but once in a while one slips through the cracks.
We offer a full refund and will pay to have it shipped back, this is also the first I am hearing of this issue

Op, you do not get a refund opportunity very often. This is a stand up offer.

Looking at the game again, I agree the sanctum wear is far better then most and the chips out of the cabinet reflect player quality. Let me propose a different option. Contact Rob through a PM and come to a cash agreement on a differential refund for the game. The cash should offset the issues and you keep the game. I would start with at least the cost of shipping. Rob will have to pay that at least to get it back. There is nothing wrong with a players quality game if you are happy with the price. Shadows are becoming more expensive and harder to find. Assuming you can first reach a cash settlement, then go to work. As my Toga buddy Herb stated, the connector fix is easy and costs like 5 bucks ( Hint, you need a tool). I believe if Rob had seen this he would have fixed for the simple reason it is so easy and cheap.
For the cosmetic issues get creative. The playfield screw hole can improved with a color matched sharpie. It is in a prominent place on the play field but with the glass on it will look much better.As far as the scuffs on the head, look for replacement decals. They cost in the 80 to 100 buck range and are fairly easy to replace. The cabinet chips need work and I do not believe you can find cabinet decals. Fill in the wood and use a local artist to touch up. I enjoy improving games as much as playing them. That is part of the hobby.

By the way when you get pics of a game, STUDY THEM and ask questions.

Lastly once you settle up with Rob, I would post that you have done so. He is a good guy and he will make good as stated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
3,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rehoboth Beach, DE
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Johnson City, TN
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside