(Topic ID: 158743)

what can I do if machine is not as described?

By i_b_flippin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Xerico
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MTE5NDg0MDU1MjIyNTg0ODQ3_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
DSCN1013_(resized).JPG
DSCN1012_(resized).JPG
DSCN1011_(resized).JPG
DSCN1010_(resized).JPG
DSCN1009_(resized).JPG
DSCN1008_(resized).JPG
DSCN1007_(resized).JPG
DSCN1006_(resized).JPG
DSCN1005_(resized).JPG
DSCN1003_(resized).JPG
IMG_0975_(resized).jpg
IMG_0974_(resized).jpg
IMG_0972_(resized).jpg
IMG_0969_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider i_b_flippin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 7 years ago

Hello, I'm a first time buyer but I've reading this forum for few months before I decided to buy one. I was referred to Rob at Rockland pinball.I told him I'm a new buyer looking for first game and He told me that he had a nice shadow for sale and told me only thing wrong was it had some scuffs on the backbox and cabinet but playfield was in excellent condition but few plastics were broken. Price was $3200 so I assumed that it was a real nice example. I told him I didn't really mind few scuffs on cabinet as long as playfield was in excellent condition.

The machine arrived yesterday and the machine is players grade at best. The cabinet has chunks missing at different spots and has about 20 holes on the right side of the cabinet. Came with 3 leg levelers and the backbox has wires just soldered on to the board without connectors. Most of the fuses were fastblow. The playfield has tiny hole that looks like somebody try to drill from underneath and went to far. It also has some planking right next to it.

I was extremely pissed off but i thought maybe if I played few games I would feel better about the machine. Guess what? I can't even play the damn machine. The screen is all jumbled up and I can't make out anything. I pressed the start button after installing the balls and it kicked out all the balls at once and the battlefield flipper went off by itself about 20times before everything shut off and came back on by itself. So it's just sitting with fucked screen and no way to play it. And I'm not tech savy so don't want to touch it to make it even worse. But for what i paid for the title, my friends tell me I should have very nice Shadow or at least a working fucking machine.

I don't know what I can do since this is my first purchase hence asking for advice before I decide on what to do or how to go on about doing it. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

IMG_0953_(resized).jpgIMG_0953_(resized).jpg
IMG_0955_(resized).jpgIMG_0955_(resized).jpg
IMG_0956_(resized).jpgIMG_0956_(resized).jpg
IMG_0963_(resized).jpgIMG_0963_(resized).jpg
IMG_0964_(resized).jpgIMG_0964_(resized).jpg
IMG_0967_(resized).jpgIMG_0967_(resized).jpg
IMG_0968_(resized).jpgIMG_0968_(resized).jpg
IMG_0969_(resized).jpgIMG_0969_(resized).jpg
IMG_0972_(resized).jpgIMG_0972_(resized).jpg
IMG_0974_(resized).jpgIMG_0974_(resized).jpg
IMG_0975_(resized).jpgIMG_0975_(resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for your advice and support. Does anyone know what he goes by on pinside? I tried reseating all the cables but still no go. I wouldn't even be mad if he told me the machine was players grade but obviously I wouldn't have bought them.

Quoted from Starwriter:

Rockland Pinball has a $2800 Shadow in the Northeast US for sale thread. Maybe they shipped you the wrong one. If not, I would hate to see what the $2800 one looks like.

My friend also told me about that $2800 shadow they had listed and thought it was messed up that he charged $3200 to a newbie for the same machine. I'm hoping that isn't the case.

Quoted from patrickvc:

If you payed for goods or services via paypal you should be covered.

I only paid the deposit with paypal but he told me the rest had to be paid by cashiers check or bank wire.
I'll follow you guys' advice and contact him.
I have no reason to lie or make up some story. I wish the machine i got was a nice shadow like he said more than anything.
Here are the pictures he sent me.

DSCN1003_(resized).JPGDSCN1003_(resized).JPG
DSCN1005_(resized).JPGDSCN1005_(resized).JPG
DSCN1006_(resized).JPGDSCN1006_(resized).JPG
DSCN1007_(resized).JPGDSCN1007_(resized).JPG
DSCN1008_(resized).JPGDSCN1008_(resized).JPG
DSCN1009_(resized).JPGDSCN1009_(resized).JPG
DSCN1010_(resized).JPGDSCN1010_(resized).JPG
DSCN1011_(resized).JPGDSCN1011_(resized).JPG
DSCN1012_(resized).JPGDSCN1012_(resized).JPG
DSCN1013_(resized).JPGDSCN1013_(resized).JPG

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

That's a 20 year old machine.. It's got some scuffs on it, big deal? if pictures were sent hiding damage that's one thing.. But you can't assume that because someone priced something a certain way that it's in pristine condition. That Playfield divot is caused by a screw coming through from the bottom -- someone relaced a screw with one that was a little long.
You got a players shadow and paid a little extra for it. Reseat the ribbon cables and play some shadow. You have to expect issues with older games and commit to fixing them and learning or paying someone else a lot to fix them for you. If you want less issues, spend the extra cash on a newer pin.

I didn't assume anything. He told it was in nice condition and I believed it cuz the price reflected it. Would you consider this machine a nice condition?

#126 7 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy all day being a best man to my brother's wedding.
No, I paid $3600 for the whole machine. $3200 was the price of the machine not including shipping. How do i go on about returning the machine?

#127 7 years ago

Maybe to the pros, all the damages are easily visible but to a newbie, those are little harder to just point out and I didn't get any pictures of the right side which has about 20 holes drilled into it.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Why are you asking us instead of the guy you bought it from?

I was asking Rob. My mistake. I thought he would be reading this thread.

#142 7 years ago

I will never buy a game without inspecting it first

Quoted from Starwriter:Man, I'd sure like to see a pic of the 20 holes. I can't even imagine why somebody would do that. Are there screws in the holes holding the cabinet together?

No just bunch of random holes like a blind man was trying to screw on something.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider i_b_flippin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-can-i-do-if-machine-is-as-described?tu=i_b_flippin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.