(Topic ID: 97584)

What can go 0 to 60 in 4.6 sec and still be a pin hauler?

By dannunz

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012_jeep_grand_cherokee_4wd_srt8_100750693137942525.jpg
    PEMBROKE_14.JPG
    2015_ford_falcon_ute_l.jpg
    Cobra Ute.png
    1209HoldenUte.jpg
    minorsuper.png
    davewagon.jpg
    image-892.jpg
    image-794.jpg
    DSC_0262.JPG
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

They dont and BARELY fit in the Q7..

I've tried twice to get a pin in my Q7 and it's about an inch short. What model year Q7 and types of pins have you fit?

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

You know, I was thinking about this question this morning and I came to the conclusion...WHO in their right mind would want a 4.6 second vehicle to carry pins in!? It just doesn't make any sense! These are expensive high tech mechanical marvels that you want to keep in as perfect condition as possible. You don't want to scratch and mark them up inside. This guy must be insane! THEN I remembered, this IS pinball we're talking about here and when it comes to pinball, WE'RE ALL INSANE!!!
    Carry on!

It isn't to haul the pin you need that kind of speed and acceleration for it is to beat the 50 dollar more guy to the pin.
    Once it's loaded then you just cruise.

#53 9 years ago

Renault Espace F1 0-60 2.8 sec. loved this thing on Gran Turismo 2

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

I've tried twice to get a pin in my Q7 and it's about an inch short. What model year Q7 and types of pins have you fit?

2013 q7 tdi prestige sline with the third row. Fit a Metallica and a who dunnit in it. Barely but it made it.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Haha I was just going to post "my hearse towed behind John Force"
    I think you'd need to do a LOT of souping up to make my hearse do a sub 5 0-60. It weighs like 10 tonnes. Lol
    rd

How hard is it to tub the rear end on a hears to put drag slicks on it?

#56 9 years ago

I'd say if you're taking the head off a game, a Mazdaspeed 6 would be a good, quick value-for-money vehicle.

If you're folding the head, you'll need a quick truck, like a Ford Lightning or Raptor, Syclone, or something modified.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

I'd say if you're taking the head off a game, a Mazdaspeed 6 would be a good, quick value-for-money vehicle.
    If you're folding the head, you'll need a quick truck, like a Ford Lightning or Raptor, Syclone, or something modified.

How about this. Stick 4.5 0-60. Weighs north of 3 tons

image-892.jpgimage-892.jpg

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

How hard is it to tub the rear end on a hears to put drag slicks on it?

It'd be easy as! Plenty of room back there!

Don't start giving me ideas ... I already told my wife I was thinking of putting a blower through the bonnet ...

rd.

#59 9 years ago

I can see it now.

davewagon.jpgdavewagon.jpg

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

It'd be easy as! Plenty of room back there!
    Don't start giving me ideas ... I already told my wife I was thinking of putting a blower through the bonnet ...
    rd.

I like the way you think!

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whistles:

What about one of those Magnum's with the HEMI? Maybe not 4.6 but probably close.
    Edit- Looks like the SRT-8 magnum pulled a 5.1, so not really all that close.

Magnums cant hall a pin, trust me I know. The hatchback opening is not tall enough. Fast enough yes, sadly not tall enough. Home depot van rental, here I come

#62 9 years ago
    1 week later
    #63 9 years ago

WRX 5-Door?

#64 9 years ago

Range Rover Sport with Supercharged engine should do it. Awesome vehicle.

#65 9 years ago

A Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

A Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.

With a roof rack!

#67 9 years ago

And plenty of ratchet straps.

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Range Rover Sport with Supercharged engine should do it. Awesome vehicle.

Pin don't fit..

#69 9 years ago

A Dodge Magnum or SRT Challenger would not do 0-60 falling down a mine shaft....................in less than 5 seconds

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pin don't fit..

Surprised. I test drove one a while back as I was looking to trade my Jag XFR which has the same engine. Looked like one would fit if you dropped the seats. I ended up getting a Land Rover LR4 instead which easily fits a pin. Nice acceleration on the LR4 overall but nothing like the beastly supercharged sport.

It would have sucked to buy the sport only to find out a pin didn't fit!

#71 9 years ago

minorsuper.pngminorsuper.png

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pin don't fit..(in A Range Rover Sport)

I assume that's the 2014 model that is too small? (Ie new body style)

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

Magnums cant hall a pin, trust me I know. The hatchback opening is not tall enough. Fast enough yes, sadly not tall enough. Home depot van rental, here I come

Depends on the pin

http://www.siegecraft.us/pinball/BK-003.jpg

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

I was looking at a 2011 when I was eyeballing the size. Maybe the '14 is significantly different or maybe I was wrong in my assessment to begin with. Pinchroma, you have more info on this? (for my own curiosity)

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

Not sure about the new one. The previous gen 2013 didn't fit one. The 2014 isn't much bigger.

1 month later
    #76 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

A diesel sprinter will get you close to that.

i just bought one of these really cheap with really low miles! it's a 3500 and amazing on fuel.
    (my OT story on this van) started to rain really hard a couple weeks ago and found out why it was so cheap well as it turns out when it rains, the back up beeper, back up lights and the engine will NOT shut off! pull the key and everything! wont stop! called the guy and he kindly told me why that is was 10k less than any other similar van out there. 6 hours later at a shop @85/hour these guys are scratching their heads, cannot find ANYTHING even on google search. i get to the shop to have a look at it, and that back up beeper is driving me nuts! so i go hunting for it to unplug it so i can think. get to the back and notice someone has backed up, or bumped into the trailer hitch, kinda smashing the harness receiver. i wiggle the receiver harness and i tiny bit of smoke puffs and the back up beeper and back up lights go off. turn the ignition to off position and wiggle again and van shuts down. we clipped and taped off that harness and now the van is how it should be.
    anyway if you buy or know of a friend who buys one of these and for some reason it will not shut off, check the trailer harness ( if it has one) or the boards for the taillights as if a short happens in the back up lights circuit this will occur.

#77 9 years ago

I don't know if a pin fits one....

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I've had several WRXs (one wagon), and I have only used my Foresters to get pins. The way Subaru seats fold down, could cause trouble, since they don't really sit fully flat. The WRX might work if you are removing the backbox, but if the pin has a hinged head, I would just use a different vehicle unless I was in a pinch.

Even with my '04 Forester I learned the hard way that Gottlieb System 3 pins are taller than other pins generally are. I had driven over an hour and the seller didn't have the backbox key, so I had to remove the head (and my center console so I could slide the pin further in) and get creative. Thank goodness for sufficient slack in the wiring.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

EBD fits in a 2014 WRX 5 door. Take off the head and put it in first. It goes in flat then stand it up.

Then put in the main cab.

I don't know about the 4.6 seconds...Seems a little longer than that.

#80 9 years ago

Yeah w/ head removed I think pins fit in many more sport wagons. The darn rear roof line slopes too much.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

A Dodge Magnum or SRT Challenger would not do 0-60 falling down a mine shaft....................in less than 5 seconds

The 2015 SRT Challenger 392 will hit 60 in 4.1 (and still get 25 mpg on the highway).......the 2015 Challenger "Hellcat" will hit it in 3.5 and top out at 199mph.

#82 9 years ago

I put a Williams Indiana Jones in my 2014 STI 5-door (backbox removed), so it can be done...............

#83 9 years ago

1209HoldenUte.jpg1209HoldenUte.jpg

Powered by the same 430 kilowatt and 740 Newton-metre 6.2 litre Supercharged LSA engine already found in the HSV Gen-F GTS as well as the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, the Maloo GTS will be gunning for the title of World's fastest pickup truck.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

A slow moving 747.

Far from it... He did say 0-60.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from Anth:

I was going to say Cayenne as well. I think there's a fancy turbo one or something too. Good luck finding a Syclone or Typhoon for reasonable money...

ebay.com link: GMC Typhoon Base Sport Utility 2 Door 1993 gmc typhoon immaculate 100 original 2 owner low mile rare

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Powered by the same 430 kilowatt and 740 Newton-metre 6.2 litre Supercharged LSA engine already found in the HSV Gen-F GTS as well as the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, the Maloo GTS will be gunning for the title of World's fastest pickup truck.

1209HoldenUte.jpg 16 KB

What about the Falcon Cobra Ute?
    Cobra Ute.pngCobra Ute.png

#87 9 years ago

Sounds like you need a cheetah...

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

What about the Falcon Cobra Ute?

Can't wait to see if FPV gets ahold of the new Falcon Ute!!

2015_ford_falcon_ute_l.jpg2015_ford_falcon_ute_l.jpg

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from annointed:

My red Forester XT ran 11.6@118 mph and I have picked up many pins with it
    It's on YouTube for those who care, although now my black FXT is even faster (until the red one gets dyno'd again with its new set-up )

I really need to get an XT. My XV, though I love it, is so slow.

#90 9 years ago

Personally I'd be looking at MPG more than acceleration. I don't think the few seconds you save here and there getting up to cruising speed will matter. The 10-15 minutes you lose waiting for the cop to write your traffic ticket might though...

#91 9 years ago

I'll gladly give up MPG for a car that can haul a load AND accelerate, uphill. I like being able to get up to freeway speeds before the end of the on-ramp. I like being able to pull away from potentially dangerous drivers and large trucks. I like the exhilaration of a car that has a decent amount of power and can handle well. High MPG cars are typically slow and no fun to drive. Furthermore, my experience has been that cars that are underpowered typically have more engine problems during their lifespan, from overheating to timing belt problems and everything in between.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I really need to get an XT. My XV, though I love it, is so slow.

manual or cvt?

#93 9 years ago

Both of my FXTs have 6 speed manuals and full STi drivelines. ACT makes a very streetable 6-puck that holds up to pretty crazy power. Once we get my red FXT back to the track, we're expecting 10 sec ETs. The black one won't be too far off that either. Both have picked up numerous pins as well

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

The 2015 SRT Challenger 392 will hit 60 in 4.1 (and still get 25 mpg on the highway).......the 2015 Challenger "Hellcat" will hit it in 3.5 and top out at 199mph.

And the hellcat is rated at 22 mpg!

#95 9 years ago

this one might need a skyjack . . .
    PEMBROKE_14.JPGPEMBROKE_14.JPG

#96 9 years ago

Ford Raptor Maybe not but is fun trying.
    Dodge Magnum - might fit in back.
    Supercharged Hearse

#97 9 years ago

maybe if i put a turbo on my ss trailblazer?

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I had a 2013 for a while and it was supposed to do it in 4.7. That's under 5 last time I checked, and no mine shaft needed.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

ebay.com link » Gmc Typhoon Base Sport Utility 2 Door 1993 Gmc Typhoon Immaculate 100 Original 2 Owner Low Mile Rare

Would you pay that much for it? Me neither. I do like them though.

#100 9 years ago

My suv

2012_jeep_grand_cherokee_4wd_srt8_100750693137942525.jpg2012_jeep_grand_cherokee_4wd_srt8_100750693137942525.jpg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-can-go-0-to-60-in-46-sec-and-still-be-a-pin-hauler/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.