(Topic ID: 132210)

What can cause a step coil 2 B under powered?

By Mikala

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Mikala
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a WMS Aztec that I have done a full restoration on. I have been having problems with the ball count stepper unit not completely firing all of the time. I have completely taken apart the stepper unit and cleaned it, replaced with new springs and replace the A23-600 coil with a NOS from pbr.
What I observe when the stepper fails is the step up coil does not fire completely, as if it is under powered. I basically go through 7-8 balls in order to finish a 5 ball game.
Is it possible that the coil is not always getting enough power to fire? When it does fire correctly, all is fine. Had the same issue before I replaced everything.

#2 8 years ago

The switch or switches that operates that coil may be dirty or out of adjustment.

Is the torsion spring on that unit over-wound too tight?

#3 8 years ago

Torsion spring is good.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks Ken, I'll go over the switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Saint Petersburg, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-can-cause-a-step-coil-2-b-under-powered and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.