Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by skywalker
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just redoing the last thing on my BSD now - the flippers. Have replacement coils, as the ones on there appear factory, and are 11630's (third strongest). Just read the manual, and it lists the coils as 15411's (second strongest).

The previous coils hit the ramps ok enough, but clearly a rebuild was needed (I always replace coils now too, it does make a difference from what I have seen first hand). I searched around here and RGP and found that it appears many BSD's had the weaker 11630's from factory.

I'm torn now, let me know what you guys have if you could, and if anyone can shed light on this? I know they changed coils in production sometimes due to this and that, wondering if that is what happened here, and if the better option is the weaker 11630's.

#2 5 years ago

I have 15411's and would not want any more oomph..mine EASILY make the ramps..and with fast fast speed. If I had any more I'd be afraid of breaking targets and plastics. My fastest flipper machine that I own...adjusted well and highly polished playfield makes this game kick ass...fast fast fast
would I want weaker...No..never hurt any thing yet,
Absolute blast to play! I catch myself swearing in surprise how quick things happen in this game even to this day. Great reflex machine...I just love it!
EDIT:
btw mine = factory 15411

#3 5 years ago

Mine has 11629s in it. They really must go. Just silly strong.

Guess I'll order some 15411s next time I get parts.

#4 5 years ago

I have the 11630s in mine and they are plenty strong enough. I fear anything stronger would be plastics crackers and the plastics are getting harder and harder to find.

The ball still gets airborne regularly going up the left ramp. I am guessing they changed to the weaker coils in production because plastics were getting broken and the 15411s were simply too powerful.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I have 15411's and would not want any more oomph

I think you are confusing the coils. Those are actually more powerful than the 11630's.

strongest are 11629, then 15411, then 11630, then some other weaker ones. The number scheme is odd, not sure why.

Quoted from Pintoxicated:

The ball still gets airborne regularly going up the left ramp. I am guessing they changed to the weaker coils in production because plastics were getting broken and the 15411s were simply too powerful.

I've just being playing it after fully shopping it. As always, the first while is super fast after a full shop, but yeah, with the 11630's it is lightning fast, and I am worried about breaking stuff, lost three balls off one of the wire ramps already. the 15411's would definitely be too much I think, and the 11629's... my god, all those unavailable parts is all I would be thinking.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I think you are confusing the coils. Those are actually more powerful than the 11630's.
strongest are 11629, then 15411, then 11630, then some other weaker ones. The number scheme is odd, not sure why.

I did when I started the post LOL , then I added "would I want weaker...No..never hurt any thing yet,"

I have yet to break any plastics...knock

#7 5 years ago

just checked mine, its got 15411, cleaned/polished/waxed PF Insanely Fast now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
$ 209.99
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 5.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside