(Topic ID: 149064)

What Bally / Williams game did you sell to buy a New Stern.

By arcademojo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Bally / Williams game did you sell to buy a New Stern.”

• Yes, I sold or will sell my pin to buy a new Stern. 28 votes
      51%
    • Sorry no, I wouldn't sell my game to buy a new Stern. 27 votes
      49%

(55 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

Out with the old and in with the new!
    Starting to see a lot of people selling their A or B title Bally/Williams games to fund new Sterns.
    So, what did you sell to bring what game in?

Disclaimer: This poll has nothing to with the fact that I am secretly hoping that all Bally/Williams games come down in price so I can finally buy a CFTBL and a TOM. I'm broke and want a METLE first.

#2 8 years ago

None! If it's going to be an outdated theme it might as well be an outdated machine as well.

#3 8 years ago

Sold all my B/W

Tz
    IJ
    Cftbl
    Totan

#4 8 years ago

Sold TAF to fund SM.
    Traded JY plus cash for TWD.
    TOM will be on the chopping block next when I figure out what I want next.

#5 8 years ago

I'm getting tempted to try to do a package deal of my Gottlieb Stargate, Freddy and SMB Mushroom World for a newer Stern.
    My classic Ballys are not an option.

#6 8 years ago

Corvette for Tron
    IJ for ACDC
    TAF for XMEN

#7 8 years ago

Dr Dude to help with WNBJM.

2 weeks later
    #8 8 years ago

bump

#9 8 years ago

My crystal ball says TZ for ACDC Luci Vault...........

#10 8 years ago

Sold STTNG & DW to fund a custom MET Pinball Refinery Edition. I miss DW a little bit, but was happy to see STTNG (and all it's frequent mechanical issues) head out the door.

It was part of a plan that I'm still working on. Have 3 new modern Stern/Heighway/JJP pins, as well as 3 classic Early 80's Bally/Williams/Sterns. Best of both worlds, no place for 90's pins.

#11 8 years ago

JD went for X-Men Pro
    NBAFB (and LAH) went for TFLE
    RS will be going soon for GOT Pro

Later,
    EV

#12 8 years ago

Funny because I'm currently pondering selling BSD and FT for a Met pro, undecided at this point

#13 8 years ago

The Shadow for AC/DC Luci

Not straight up

#14 8 years ago

For a new as in NIB Stern? None. I traded my STTNG for a restored LOTR and sold Popeye to get a Transformers though. I can't bring myself to go NIB and with the way prices keep climbing on them, I probably never will.

#15 8 years ago

Sold all of them except fish tales. Now proud owner o MET, ST, Mustang, TWD, etc...

Zero regrets ... I'd do it again in a second - and I owned pretty much all of the B/W titles

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

For a new as in NIB Stern? None. I traded my STTNG for a restored LOTR and sold Popeye to get a Transformers though. I can't bring myself to go NIB and with the way prices keep climbing on them, I probably never will.

I'm with ya on the NIB prices. Bought my LOTR used. It's just too much money for a NIB.

#18 8 years ago

STTNG for Met Pro

#19 8 years ago

traded a fully restored WW and a nice BR for a 3 month old Kiss Pro. Miss the BR more than the WW.

#20 8 years ago

I sold alot but also keep at least 2-3 wpc along with 2- 3 new sterns. Its good to have a mix of things imo.. when I just want to have fun and nothing to serious I play the wpc pins.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Zero regrets ... I'd do it again in a second - and I owned pretty much all of the B/W titles

There are a B/W few games that currently have no Stern equivalent. TZ is one of them. I had that pin in my house for several months (temp. trade) and I regret it.

Most recent sterns are very cool, and I am not a Stern fanboy, even if ST and Mustang are very high on my wishlist - but some Williams pins have a charm or features I do not find in recent Sterns. And vice-versa.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-bally-williams-game-did-you-sell-to-buy-a-new-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.