(Topic ID: 63787)

What b-title games under 3000 do you enjoy?.

By gatordad

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Just for discussion.
I'm curious what b-title games people enjoy.
To keep some boundaries I say keep them under 3G price point

Mine would be

JP
Shadow
HS2
Who Dunnit.
HS
WH20 used to be in this category but is climbing in price
BSD

#2 6 years ago

All of them.

#3 6 years ago

With very few exceptions...yeah.

#4 6 years ago

definitely bsd!

#5 6 years ago

The Getaway HSII. having mine restored right now as its my favorite game of all time. I guess when I am done it will no longer meet the price criteria.
Its the one game I can play over and over forever!

#6 6 years ago

JD is a nice one, cheap widebody game.

Whirl wind superfun.

#7 6 years ago

Too many to list. My favorite game (WPT) is well under $3k, but it's an A-list title.

#8 6 years ago

+1 on HS2
I miss the one I sold a few years ago
It def has that one more game thing going for it!

#9 6 years ago

JM! My GF won't stop playing it now, which has reignited my interest in it. Now I crack a billion almost each game. Still haven't got power down mode.... But lately I keep getting frenzy, which I cannot figure out how...

Otherwise ya, almost any pin I'll play.

#10 6 years ago

I've turned my interest to b (and c) titles in the last 6 months or so

BDS and WWF are rockin. Honorable mention to Twister

#11 6 years ago

Honestly, I do enjoy basically all of them... Pinball is kinda like pizza or sex - even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

#12 6 years ago

In particular, though, I would have to say:
The Getaway (actually possibly my favorite pin)
Revenge From Mars (I think players' condition ones are still availble under $3k)
Whirlwind (really just an older A-list game, but since it's not DMD it's less expensive)

Congo gets an honorable mention - I was really digging the beat-up routed one I played on the Indiana toll road last weekend.

#13 6 years ago

Pinflation has become pathetic when 3K is now the bar for "B" titles. Not even a year ago, it was considered 2K. This is what happens when a herd mentality and disposable income meet.

#14 6 years ago

Is T2 considered a "B" title game?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I've turned my interest to b (and c) titles in the last 6 months or so
BDS and WWF are rockin. Honorable mention to Twister

WWF rocks. Had to look up BDS. Still have no clue what game this is!

Other very fun sub-$3k titles include SST, Shadow, WCS, TFTC, T3 (>>T2), Mars Trek , Baywatch, and too many SS and EM games to name.

#16 6 years ago

Judge Dredd may be considered a B title game by most, but in my book it is an A game all the way.

#17 6 years ago

What is a B title?
-mof

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Judge Dredd may be considered a B title game by most, but in my book it is an A game all the way.

Listen, folks.....

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

JD is a nice one, cheap widebody game.
Whirl wind superfun.

I agree on Judge Dredd, it is one of my favorites.

#20 6 years ago

I call them A games, but any system 11 B/W.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Listen, folks.....

No, don't listen. I can't afford it.

Chris

#22 6 years ago

My fave is DW, but I like HS2 as well.

#23 6 years ago

HS2. Sold my first one. Didn't take too long for another one to find its way back.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

No, don't listen. I can't afford it.

If you can't afford $1400, then you may want to start shopping EMs.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

JM! My GF won't stop playing it now, which has reignited my interest in it. Now I crack a billion almost each game. Still haven't got power down mode.... But lately I keep getting frenzy, which I cannot figure out how...

Orbits spell a letter in "Johnny" and "mnemonic". Spell either and it starts frenzy.

#26 6 years ago

ALMOST any system 11 game honestly. I am inherently cheap and he game play and bang for buck is (mostly) excellent. Am also finding that (1) I am not really all that great a player, (2) I haven't the patience for massively deep rule sets and (3) I am inherently cheap! Most of the Sys 11 games fit the bill, especially for use in my home. Finding a nice TAXI is my next goal.

#27 6 years ago

I was going to come in here and say that.

My sweet spot is really the $2000 90's DMD's.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What I'm saying is I think pin prices have gotten ridiculous and it isn't necessarily a matter of affording vs. just having the good sense to say "that's too f'ing much for a pin". So if the guys with lots of disposable income and the speculators think my B titles aren't worth their time, let them keep thinking that. I'm not in this for the money. I'm in it to enjoy the hobby. I'll never enjoy owning a Monster Bash though. I totally can't afford it and if I could, I still wouldn't. That's just too damn much to your average hobbyist. I've played it quite a few times and while I think it is cool, I don't get what makes it worth $10 to $20K.

Chris

#29 6 years ago

You might still be able to find a creature from the black lagoon for under 3k. I really like this title for the price range.

#30 6 years ago

Oh, I thought we were talking about Judge Dredd folks.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

ah, who wants one of those junky old things?

the way the title is worded, it implies that most games that aren't "a-list" (whatever that may be) titles/titles that cost less than $3k aren't worth playing... dunno whether that is what the op really meant or not...

stamp out pinball snobbery!!! we can do it in our time!!!

#32 6 years ago

dupe...

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

the way the title is worded, it implies that most games that aren't "a-list"

I think he was just trying to make an interesting thread for those of us that aren't ready or can't afford to shell out 7-8k on the next NIB, or spend 10k+ on B/W legends.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think he was just trying to make an interesting thread for those of us that aren't ready or can't afford to shell out 7-8k on the next NIB, or spend 10k+ on B/W legends.

ah, gotcha... i'm never sure these days...

#35 6 years ago

I think they may fall into the "C" category, but I was definitely too quick to write off the Sega & DE games when I first got into the hobby. Many of them are lots of fun!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What is a B title?-mof

That is a great question....is it a pin out of the top 25? The Shadow and WH20 may have been a B-listers before, but both are currently in top 25....where Whirlwind is currently living too

BOP a solid B title that is fun...and way under $3K

#37 6 years ago

I personally don't consider The Shadow or WH20 "B" pins, but it's really a meaningless and arbitrary label at the end of the day, so not worth arguing over. We got what the OP meant.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Orbits spell a letter in "Johnny" and "mnemonic". Spell either and it starts frenzy.

ohhhhh then that makes sense. I was hitting orbits like it was my freaking job.

#39 6 years ago

Doctor Who and Terminator 2 are a couple of great games that can still be affordable.

#41 6 years ago

HS2 is fast and fun. I like my Stargate also - it is deep, cheap, and modded like an LE already for you.

#42 6 years ago

I don't have alot of game on MSF but I like the theme and the few games I played I had a positive experience.

As far as A and B titles goes IT is very subjective, just looking for fun games that are still not over 4, 5 or 10 g's.

I have coin to buy a new game, and it's either one expensive one or 2 or 3 fun "b" titles.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

That is a great question....is it a pin out of the top 25? The Shadow and WH20 may have been a B-listers before, but both are currently in top 25....where Whirlwind is currently living too BOP a solid B title that is fun...and way under $3K

I think it's very odd to have a discussion without declaring the definitions first.

What's a B-list title?
-mof

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I think it's very odd to have a discussion without declaring the definitions first.
What's a B-list title?
-mof

See first post
defined as games under 3 grand

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

See first post
defined as games under 3 grand

Thank you.
-mof

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lies!

#48 6 years ago

FT is another good one
In my opinion Mark Richies best game minus IJ

#49 6 years ago

Shadow, Jurassic Park, Fish Tales, The Getaway, Tales From the Crypt are all fun games that are priced right.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Frenzy occurs when you hit the ramps and loops enough times.
3 billion and 6 billion will get you an extra ball Power down mode
is a rush.The game has been in my line up for awhile now.Underated!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Johnson City, TN
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside