Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DDBAE1BE-63DF-4DE9-A1EF-D555068C2199.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago

I'm not an expert and haven't played all his machines yet. But, here are my current top 5 of his.

Fun House- its an amazing theme. A bit creepy. A bit funny. Great shots, and nice difficulty.

Adams Family- I know some people think its a shallow game. But, I think it plays how a pinball should. Unique layout. Nice ruleset. Is it the deepest no. But, it doesn't need to be. It shoots great, and it has one of the best all time MB callouts of all time "SHOWTIME!" Also has other goo callouts. I like the Malmuska personally. Always fun. And the toys still hold up to this day.

Dialed IN- I hate the theme. The theme does nothing for me. But, man this machine is just pure pinball. Smooth shooting game, so fun as well, it just flows. Won't pretend I know too much of the ruleset. I know shot the guy to power the phone then shoot the phone. So much fun this game is. And while I hate the theme. The animations and modes fit the game to a T. And it truly is a cool concept. Just not a theme I like. I like babes, monsters, and ROCKERS!

Twilight Zone- I've only played a twilight zone about 20 or so times. Galloping Ghost has one and I shoot it a few times when I go there. I love the theme. Love the midi Golden Earring Twilight Zone song. Got great callouts, amazing toys. Really nice animations. Its a bit brutal for me. But, I've put up a few decent games. Love the powerball. And the power playfield while frustrating. Is just so neat. Love the evil doll giving you an extra ball. That to me is one of my favorite eb animations.

Whirlwind- For me it was close between this and No Good Gofers. I played Gofers more than Whirlwind, but I am a bit of a better player on WW. I like that layout. Fun game to shoot. Nothing too crazy with it. But, I would recommend wearing a jacket if you're going to play this game... or Play it if your ac goes out. Just a fun shooter... Gofers has a bit more pep, as it has more amped up callouts and has cool dmd animations. But, for just the joy of shooting, I'm going with WW.

Please note I've only played 2 games on willy wonka. I played it at the MGC and again. Only got 2 games on it. One was short. While not being wowed by Wonka. As a world underglass it just underwhelmed me, and the art package while amazing. Just felt to me flat... Again, its a theme I enjoy, not love. So that might be the reason why I was fist pumping like a madman when I saw it in person. I like a lot of the stuff I see in it. The gobstopper lock is really cool. So I look forward to playing it more in the future.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

I think if RCT was a different theme it would be right up there flow wise with all of the big boys.
    Having owned RCT and Wonka I believe they are very similar.
    Based on shots only not theme.
    1. WW
    2. RCT
    3. Wonka
    4. FH
    5. ES

I like Rollercoster Tycoon. Won't lie. The theme is very meh to me. As I've never played the game. But, I do like some of the callouts and animations. And I love all the ramps.

But, I guess its the code where this game fails. Its too easy to manipulate to get big points and so tourney players hate it. But, since I play for fun. I've always enjoyed shooting a few games of this when I see one at an expo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-top-5-pat-lawlor-games?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.