Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160330_215019_(resized).jpg
20160416_234712_(resized).jpg
20160213_195630_(resized).jpg
20160331_211244_(resized).jpg
291012401_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
1890402_544920468976278_1909440541327172627_o_(resized).jpg
atlantis-1975-f-1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1401.JPG
DSCF8994.JPG
DSCF8993.JPG
DSCF8984.JPG
DSCF8982.JPG
image-911.jpg

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 3 years ago

Centaur
Medusa
Fathom
Xenon
Embryon

#202 3 years ago

Love for Haunted House here

#203 3 years ago

Thread may be aging but my answer remains the same.

Centaur
EBD
Flash Gordon
Black Knight
Embryon

#204 3 years ago

Black Hole, Spiderman, Mars:GOW, Haunted House, Paragon
Steve

#205 3 years ago

Hello,Aurich!! I'm voting for my Galaxy first,Baracorra,Gorgar.and i think Spectrum is in there ,not sure!! Hope you reconsider going to PAGG this tear?? Would like to meet you! Peace!!!

#206 3 years ago

In no particular order

Fathom
Flash Gordon
Embryon
Eight Ball Deluxe
Centaur

#207 3 years ago

EBD, Flash Gordon, Rolling Stones, Frontier and Fireball II..........all early 80s............

#208 3 years ago

Here's the best overall games:
EBD
Firepower
Joker Poker
Flash Gordon
Fathom

But these are my favorites:
EBD
Star Light
Harlem Globetrotters
Nine Ball
Mr/Ms pacman

#209 3 years ago

Well there's one you don't hear people giving a lot of love to.

I have a strange urge to get one, but when people ask why I have no explanation.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I have a strange urge to get one, but when people ask why I have no explanation.

Trust your instincts. If it's cheap and in good shape, you should buy it. I see them in the 500-800 from time to time. The sad part about this title is that a TON of them were parted out for their boards and displays back in the day. I would be willing to bet that less than 30% of them remain and they made over 10,000 of them!

Most people don't even understand how to play it and they don't care to learn. That's the primary reason it's underrated. I had a very nice Centaur and sold it in a month.

Head to head play it's Mr/Ms pin for the win! I will not sell it. Primary reason is that I have way more $ invested in mine than I could ever sell it for. I will bring mine to a show some day for people to appreciate but it makes me sad that it hasn't happened yet.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I have one & gameplay is average at best. Hate the "pac maze" feature, slows down the pinball action.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I have one & gameplay is average at best. Hate the "pac maze" feature, slows down the pinball action.

Bah, it adds a great random video mode to the game. Also allows you to lose a pacman, reducing your bonusX at the end of the third ball. Also has an "Aggressive" feature available for a successfully made skill shot or completing the upper drops 3 times and entering either saucer. Tommy ripped off the skill shot and there is a reason; it's very difficult but at the same time, very rewarding when made.

On top of that, each dot collected is worth 3K points. I find it to be a well balanced risk/reward part of the game. You can earn pacmen back if you complete the paceman standup behind the drops. THAT progress carries over from ball to ball. Saucer build ups and upper drop completions do not carry over.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Because EVERYONE who has ever played it wants to make the worlds hardest skill shot!

Okay, it's not the best machine from the era, but it's a lot better than most people give credit for.

#214 3 years ago

20160331_211244_(resized).jpg

#215 3 years ago

20160416_234712_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Of the ones I have been able to play
Eight Ball Deluxe
Flash Gordon
Centaur
Fathom
Skateball
Paragon was made in the 70's or it would have made the list.

Adding Frontier in Skateball's place. Hoping to own both some day.

#217 3 years ago

catacomb
seawitch
EBD
black hole
centaur

havent played fathom or flash gordon but based on what I have heard they would likely take up two of these spots

#218 3 years ago

Two 80s games that hold their own with my 90s+ DMDs with my family are:

1) Haunted House - lots of fun shots, great sound, nice calm game - a great game to have a beer with!
2) Baby Pacman - once you understand the rules I bet you can't just play one game!

Allgood

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Allgood:

Two 80s games that hold their own with my 90s+ DMDs with my family are:

2) Baby Pacman - once you understand the rules I bet you can't just play one game!
Allgood

That bad eh

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside