Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DarkWizard
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Top Three Sterns-GO!”

• SpiderMan 10 votes
      11%
    • Tron Pro/Le 13 votes
      15%
    • AC/DC 15 votes
      17%
    • LOTR 17 votes
      19%
    • TSPP 6 votes
      7%
    • POTC 1 vote
      1%
    • Iron Man 9 votes
      10%
    • Metallica 9 votes
      10%
    • Other not listed 8 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 88 votes by 32 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

QBzOYKN.jpg
    th-33.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicovolta.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago

Top 3 (I'd buy 'em):
    Star Trek - looptastic, ramptastic, and space noises always a plus
    POTC - love the treasure hunt/map/exploration/sinking ship aspects
    Big Buck Hunter (whaaaat?!?) - yep... simple goals & plays like a classic shooting gallery

Middle 3 (I'd drop some quarters):
    LOTR - many shots & lots of goals but a bit too easy and repetitive "X hundred souls" thing... also too much computery low-res artwork
    Metallica - way cool hand-drawn art & solid but tough gameplay
    Transformers - good shots, not too claustrophobic, accessible rules
    Honorable mentions: Wheel of Fortune & Monopoly for classic game themes and Shrek/Family Guy for mini-pinball

Bottom 3 (not my cuppa tea even casually):
    AC/DC - I liked it a lot at first... but now I really, really, can't stand it. I never want to hear You Shook Me All Night Long again, ever. She built a pin machine, with a lotta bling, it was a big loud thumpin' goofy light machine. Lookin' down at the rules, didn't have no clue, didn't care about what I was supposed to do. Ball is drainin' left, then again on the right, I never kicked a game before but thinkin' I might. And the game keeps blastin', that same old anthem, and I... never want... to... play... this... game... again.
    Rolling Stones - Mick... so unfortunate are those screws and so many blocked shots
    X-Men - looks more Walmart toy than game or art & dislike plunge-straight-to-drain aspect

Overall, I like Stern games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicovolta.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-top-3-sterns-and-why?tu=nicovolta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.