New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 269415)

*What are your "TOP 3" most desired Stern Vault Editions? (Poll)

By LukyDuck

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by HighVoltage
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Pick your "TOP 3" most desired Stern Vault Editions?”

• Batman (The Dark Knight) 10 votes
    1%
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not! 36 votes
    5%
  • Family Guy 15 votes
    2%
  • Star Trek 22 votes
    3%
  • Game of Thrones 17 votes
    2%
  • The Simpsons Pinball Party 115 votes
    16%
  • Ghostbusters 40 votes
    6%
  • The Walking Dead 37 votes
    5%
  • Lord of the Rings 175 votes
    25%
  • Transformers 17 votes
    2%
  • Metallica 26 votes
    4%
  • TRON: Legacy 141 votes
    20%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean 27 votes
    4%
  • X-Men 19 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 697 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

#1 4 months ago

I read a lot of posts about Stern Vault editions people would like to be made. I have also seen a lot of people who have mentioned they would like a poll. So I searched for recent polls and the most recent one I found was from 5 years ago (mark9). It was a quick search so I apologize if I missed a previous poll!

So...with that said, I decided to create a poll because I am curious what pinsider's "TOP 3" most desired vaults are.

You can pick less than 3, but I would ask that you do not pick more than three.

I believe none of these have ever been vaulted.

I ruled out newer machines that might still be available NIB.

#2 4 months ago

I chose RBION, LOTR, and Tron.
There are lots of good choices there, however.

#3 4 months ago

Imo, nothing on that list seems like it needs a vault edition. Id rather see some of the older fun layouts get a reskin, like world poker tour or roller coaster tycoon.

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Imo, nothing on that list seems like it needs a vault edition. Id rather see some of the older fun layouts get a reskin, like world poker tour or roller coaster tycoon.

If we are talking re-skins...my list would be long. Predator, Lego, Jaws, Harry Potter, Zelda, the Matrix, Goonies, Mad Max, Dune, Led Zeppelin, men in black, silence of the lambs, Halo, fight club, the fifth element, Queen....i could go on.

#5 4 months ago

TRON, TRON , and ... TRON.

#6 4 months ago

If people would like a re-skin poll, tell me what the titles are and I will create it! I could not create it on my own as I do not have enough experience with most games.

#7 4 months ago

Sounds like you are trying to manipulate the poll!

#8 4 months ago

- GOT w/better art package
- TWD w/Comic Art Package
- TF Pro with megaton drop target and firing cannon plus 2-way pops gate

#9 4 months ago

None as is. But a StarTrek Vault based on the OG series #1, Walking Dead comic art Pro with spinners #2 and LOTRs also Comic art #3.

#10 4 months ago

TSPP rethemed as Futurama with an LCD.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

TSPP rethemed as Futurama with an LCD.

I'm a pinball, playing a pinball, disguised as another pinball.

#12 4 months ago

1 hour in and X-Men looks like it is DOA with 0 votes.

#13 4 months ago

Metallica Ride the Lightning Edition Pro with spinners.

#14 4 months ago

LOTR.
Have owned it twice and third time would be the charm.
My fam have all missed this title.

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

I'm a pinball, playing a pinball, disguised as another pinball.

If they were going to rerun Simpson’s - a “treehouse of horrors” Halloween edition would have so much potential.

#16 4 months ago

2 hours into the poll and here are the stats...

LOTR is leading TRON by only one vote (43 vs 42 votes)! TRON was leading until LOTR caught up and passed. Then it was looking like LOTR was going to pull away until TRON caught up.

TSPP has been holding third easily (23 votes).

Ghostbusters is barely holding on to fourth (9 votes) and Family Guy (7 votes) was passed by TWD (8 votes) for the fifth spot.

At the back of the pack...X-Men (2 votes) finally got going and passed Batman (1 vote).

61 Pinsiders for 161 votes.

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from mjs2:

If they were going to rerun Simpson’s - a “treehouse of horrors” Halloween edition would have so much potential.

That sounds like a great idea for a new pin! I like it.

#18 4 months ago

Just passed 2 hours and TRON has taken the lead back!

#20 4 months ago

The only issue I have is... If they did vault a Simpsons or a Ghostbusters, then I'd have to buy one and I'd be out a lot of money. Also I'd only buy GB if it was the Prem that got vaulted.

If it was LOTR I'd really be tempted to shell out the money. Really, really tempted. But, for SPP orGB its be insta buy. Right now Ghostbusters are in demand and that might be the wise choice for stern. We'll see. Can still find GB around. But, mostly pros or LE's that people think are dipped in gold and have too many mods on them. Don't want 60 action figures on a pinball. Sorry.

#21 4 months ago

I'm really surprised no one has reskinned a MET into an all black/white/red Kill em All version. Been wanting to do this for years, but I don't have that kinda talent.

#22 4 months ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Yeap, that was the first thing that came to my mind. Would be great!

#23 4 months ago

Orbitor 1

#24 4 months ago

Surprised how well Simpsons is polling. They are readily available in great condition for $5 to $6k with rock solid playfields, silk screened cabinets and SAM board sets. Modern animations may be a strong selling point but would require Spike and expensive, new licensing. Combined with a packed playfield, Stern would almost certainly market at LE pricing. The comic art Spider-Man vault apparently sold well, but it also includes new animation and sound packages that are some of the strongest parts of the existing Simpson’s design.

#25 4 months ago

If the poll switched to what vault editions do you wish Stern would quit making, I’d answer - IM, ST and SW. But as currently asked, I want to see LOTR & Tron. There are plenty of TSPP’s available second hand.

There is little unmet demand for most of Stern’s past titles because it was met with production. The biggest demand for Sterns are the newest titles of JP3, EHoH and Stranger Things and will soon include TMNT and Godzilla.

#26 4 months ago

each with enhanced new code and an LCD screen:
Wheel Of Fortune
Sopranos
Monopoly

#27 4 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Surprised how well Simpsons is polling. They are readily available in great condition for $5 to $6k with rock solid playfields, silk screened cabinets and SAM board sets. Modern animations may be a strong selling point but would require Spike and expensive, new licensing. Combined with a packed playfield, Stern would almost certainly market at LE pricing. The comic art Spider-Man vault apparently sold well, but it also includes new animation and sound packages that are some of the strongest parts of the existing Simpson’s design.

Same here. LOTR and Tron are running away with it. Understandable.

TSPPs are just so readily available. I voted RBION because it is one of the best games that you just don't see much, and they don't come up for sale often.

#28 4 months ago

Wel not a 1on1 vault
But a G1 transformers
Better layout
Better rules
Better storry
Better look
Could be great

#29 4 months ago

LOTR with hand drawn art would probably the the only game I'd consider.

#30 4 months ago

Current standings...the Top 3 have almost 2/3's of the total votes. Seems to be a pretty solid list with almost 200 pinsider's placing more than 500 votes.

Listed in order of total votes:
---
Lord of the Rings
TRON: Legacy
The Simpsons Pinball Party

The Walking Dead
Ghostbusters
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Trek
Metallica
Game of Thrones
Transformers
X-Men
Family Guy
Batman (The Dark Knight)

----------------
mark9's standings from 5 years ago...

Lord of the Rings
TRON: Legacy
Spiderman

The Simpsons Pinball Party
Pirates of the Caribbean
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Batman (The Dark Knight)
Family Guy
Transformers

#31 4 months ago

We already have Batman 66, so I'm unsure why Batman (The Dark Knight) is on the list

#32 4 months ago

I would love to see Stern remake the classics:

Quicksilver
Stargazer
Big Game
Nineball

#33 4 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Quicksilver
Stargazer
Big Game
Nineball

I think that would be great, but I feel the expectation from many in the hobby is that they would be lower priced. Nothing in the history of Stern leads me to think that's a possibility. I see them being super limited editions for $10,000.

#34 4 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Quicksilver
Stargazer
Big Game
Nineball

Yes! Me too.

#35 4 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Surprised how well Simpsons is polling. They are readily available in great condition for $5 to $6k

Once a game gets into that price range, a decent subset of buyers are willing to pay an extra 20% for NIB regardless of how easy the game is to find. To me, LOTR Vault is intriguing because they might improve the spotty cabinet/playfield/plastic print quality (or ideally redo with some high quality illustrations) and the sound. But Simpsons already looks great, so I’m not sure there’s much room for improvement there. Maybe a Treehouse of Horror reskin should be the way to go.

#36 4 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Quicksilver
Stargazer
Big Game
Nineball

I think the only way we'll see these is as rethemes with bonus features, like Beatles. Not enough market out there to re-release these straight-up. Half the market is still commercial arcades and they all want BRANDS to entice players.

#37 4 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think the only way we'll see these is as rethemes with bonus features, like Beatles. Not enough market out there to re-release these straight-up. Half the market is still commercial arcades and they all want BRANDS to entice players.

On one hand, they already own the rights and build schematics/knowledge to make them quickly, cheaply, and efficiently.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how high the demand would be since players these days tend to go for brands and licensed pins more (especially newer players). I'm also sure the build quality would be cheaper and the price would be higher.

Toss all that in with the decline of arcades due to the coronavirus, and it seems like small runs (500 or less) of only the best sellers that have to be pre-ordered would be the only solution...and I'm not sure how plausible that would be when they could just make 5000 LOTR vaults or something like that instead.

#38 4 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Even if you're selling only to pinheads, I'm guessing you'd move way more units with LOTR or Tron than with Stargazer or other classic Sterns, and you'd probably have to charge less for the classics to boot. Agreed that you'd only see those as rethemes, or if someone at Stern decided to do it as a total passion project, which doesn't really seem like the "Stern way."

#39 4 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Once a game gets into that price range, a decent subset of buyers are willing to pay an extra 20% for NIB regardless of how easy the game is to find. To me, LOTR Vault is intriguing because they might improve the spotty cabinet/playfield/plastic print quality (or ideally redo with some high quality illustrations) and the sound. But Simpsons already looks great, so I’m not sure there’s much room for improvement there. Maybe a Treehouse of Horror reskin should be the way to go.

Maybe add female callouts and change the TV to a clip show outside of modes?

#40 4 months ago

TSPP (upgraded sound, SAM boardset would do fine!)
LOTR (upgrade sound, hi def playfield art)
Transformers (G1 retheme with a BM66 style do over)

#41 4 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Quicksilver
Stargazer
Big Game
Nineball

Once all 1964 units of Beatles have been produced one of these may well be remade, but it makes no business sense to release them for any price less than a Pro.

3 weeks later
#42 4 months ago

Just had the opportunity to play Ghostbusters on the updated code. Wow.

Stern NEEDS to reissue this game (Vault edition or otherwise), as it is incredibly enjoyable to play and near-impossible to find on the secondary market.

#43 4 months ago

Don't have a problem with the top 3, but I would have definitely at least given Sopranos a nomination, whether in addition or in place of some of the others.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Marion, IA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside