(Topic ID: 282943)

What are your thoughts on driverless cars?

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Steve-McQueen-1945-Willys-Jeep-MB-gear-patrol-slide-1 (resized).jpg
    Steve-McQueen-1945-Willys-Jeep-MB-gear-patrol-slide-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9065 (resized).jpeg
    9595D6FC-B63F-4170-83C3-1CC5644D36AA (resized).jpeg
    The Car (resized).jpg
    self (resized).jpg
    self (resized).jpg
    1000x-1 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    long beach exit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seeburg220.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 3 years ago

It's all fun and games, until a Johnny Cab decides to go berzerk-o on you.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #94 3 years ago

I don't even like the stuff in today's cars. It's gotten out of hand. My 2019 Nautilus has lane control, all the blind spot stuff, anti-collision stuff, and adaptive cruise. A few weeks ago, I was driving in the left lane of an Interstate. I was passing a large truck in the center lane. The afternoon sun was at my 2 0'clock position. I had the cruise control on and as I passed the truck, it cast a big shadow on my car. Before I passed the truck, my car slams on the brakes. Antilock activated and I went from 70 to 30-something in about 2 seconds. There were no cars or objects in front of me. This thing just messed up and could have caused fatalities had someone been directly behind me. It's bad that driver's are so lazy now, that they have to invent all of these gadgets so you don't have to pay attention anymore. Put down your phone and drive. It's worked for decades.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Pinballers are always slow....to adopt new tech.
    Williams put mechanical clangers in the first solid state machines, fearing that players would be terrified of games run by computers

Bally did that with Evel Knievel, Power Play, Eight Ball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seeburg220.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-thoughts-on-driverless-cars?tu=seeburg220 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.