(Topic ID: 282943)

What are your thoughts on driverless cars?

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Steve-McQueen-1945-Willys-Jeep-MB-gear-patrol-slide-1 (resized).jpg
    Steve-McQueen-1945-Willys-Jeep-MB-gear-patrol-slide-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9065 (resized).jpeg
    9595D6FC-B63F-4170-83C3-1CC5644D36AA (resized).jpeg
    The Car (resized).jpg
    self (resized).jpg
    self (resized).jpg
    1000x-1 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    long beach exit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago

I'm still waiting for Microsoft to quit breaking something in Windows with every update. So count me out for now.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

... With advancements in lidar technology...

Wonder how LIDAR handles weather (downpour, snow, fog). That has to cause of bunch of refraction.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

...A ford leader was saying ~5 years ago something along the lines of "we will be selling a car without a steering wheel in ~5 years"...

I bet he didn't run that statement by the Ford Engineering team first.

1 year later
    #129 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

I would think all liability will passed onto the driver...

Doesn't work that way for the gun manufactures. Sorry, not trying derail this into a gun debate. More about lawyers using the same strategy to go after the car manufactures. Ditto on a lot of things, ladders come to mind too - with what seems to be numerous warning labels all over them.

But back on topic: I rented a Honda Insight using the Tura app a couple of weeks ago. I was seriously impressed with all the 'smart' safety features that car had. Keeps you in lane, adaptive cruse, can recognize speed limit signs, the center display shows the right side of the car when turning right (very handy), etc. Really neat features. Granted not driverless, but impressive nonetheless.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-thoughts-on-driverless-cars?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.