(Topic ID: 282943)

What are your thoughts on driverless cars?

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Steve-McQueen-1945-Willys-Jeep-MB-gear-patrol-slide-1 (resized).jpg
    Steve-McQueen-1945-Willys-Jeep-MB-gear-patrol-slide-2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9065 (resized).jpeg
    9595D6FC-B63F-4170-83C3-1CC5644D36AA (resized).jpeg
    The Car (resized).jpg
    self (resized).jpg
    self (resized).jpg
    1000x-1 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    long beach exit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’m sure we will have a driverless car in our lifetime (I mean in the next 30 years) but I’m curious what your thoughts are what this future will look like?
    1) kids will be able to go to point A-B without any adults (what age of kids will be the cutoff?)
    2) auto cars will replace all Uber and Lyft and taxi and busses (what will happen to those millions of people who are employed as drivers)?
    3) auto cars and driver cars will be mixing on roads (not all or none situation) how will that look?
    4) do you want to be an early adopter or wait and see?
    5) fear of hackers or terrorists using cars inappropriately?
    6) what else?

What happens at a four way stop sign when two cars come to an intersection and the car with a driver to the right is a fraction of a second later than the driverless car, and the driver is to the right and believes they got there at the same time? The driver, being to the right and thinking they got there at the same time, will probably go and then that will be up to the programmers of the driverless cars on how to avoid a problem caused by the driverless car not having human reasoning, common sense, and intelligence. There are so many variables and scenarios that are going to have to be dealt with for driverless cars. I personally am not looking forward to the transition period and kind of hope it does not happen until I am gone, but I know that it likely will be sooner than I would want.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-thoughts-on-driverless-cars?tu=DCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.