(Topic ID: 252384)

What are your favorite Halloween movies?

By ForceFlow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 8.56.43 PM (resized).png
Elvira’s-Haunted-Hills-692x1024 (resized).jpg
713uuaLPkfL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
elviria (resized).jpg
IMG_6582 (resized).png
D3B66E06-5256-439B-9855-6690C15F655F (resized).jpeg
F2A947DE-12BB-436F-B26B-465464162B31 (resized).jpeg
5EC618BA-BFA4-445B-A07A-439DAEA87212 (resized).jpeg
 Frankenhooker (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
9892F69C-44B2-4DF4-B1B2-165932A7128B (resized).jpeg
0_EuAyvh3vyjUL8vtv (resized).png
Prince-of-Darkness-1-600x847 (resized).jpg
pod1-768x438 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191031_183756040 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rager170.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Rudy99:

Yeah, Waxwork, like a lot of other mid to late 80's horror was this perfect blend of ridiculous over the top comedy and horror where the movies were meant for fun and not meant to be taken seriously at all (with HBO's Tales From the Crypt being the pinnacle of it all).
Waxwork has such a brilliant concept where the movie could have the characters suddenly end up in any type of horror movie setting at any time and be as creative as possible and top it all off with a big monster mash at the end.
Cabin in the Woods completely ripped off Waxwork and was nowhere near as good or fun to watch aside from the final 15 minutes which is the only reason to watch that turkey.
Waxwork 2 was pretty good, not as good as the first but the movie really hit a snag for like half an hour midway when it went to the medieval setting. But it has so many great scenes that it's still definitely worth watching (it has Bruce Campbell in it so that alone makes it worth watching).

While I dont believe I have seen Waxwork, im curious if you understand what Cabin in the Woods is really about? Most people often dont understand what that movie is about..

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from Rudy99:

Yes, I know what the movie is about. It's a bad copy of Waxwork that takes an hour to get started and ends with a similar monster mash-ending as Waxwork but in one movie the sacrifices are meant to stop evil gods from rising and in another the sacrifices are meant to bring back the evil gods to rule the world. Cabin in the Woods is basically just a rewrite of Waxwork.

Ok, so you really dont understand what the movie is about...

I didnt either after first watching it. But then a lot of forum talks and reading helped to explain it.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from plovis:

I hate to admit when I first saw this I thought you guys were talking about that crap movie from the 2000s with Paris Hilton. I've never seen Waxwork, but I'm a big fan of Cabin in the Woods, so I'll definitely be checking it out.

I love House of Wax hahah.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rager170.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-favorite-halloween-movies?tu=Rager170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.