(Topic ID: 252384)

What are your favorite Halloween movies?

By ForceFlow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 8.56.43 PM (resized).png
Elvira’s-Haunted-Hills-692x1024 (resized).jpg
713uuaLPkfL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
elviria (resized).jpg
IMG_6582 (resized).png
D3B66E06-5256-439B-9855-6690C15F655F (resized).jpeg
F2A947DE-12BB-436F-B26B-465464162B31 (resized).jpeg
5EC618BA-BFA4-445B-A07A-439DAEA87212 (resized).jpeg
 Frankenhooker (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
9892F69C-44B2-4DF4-B1B2-165932A7128B (resized).jpeg
0_EuAyvh3vyjUL8vtv (resized).png
Prince-of-Darkness-1-600x847 (resized).jpg
pod1-768x438 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191031_183756040 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago
347D7EE5-958B-4705-88C7-76EC52158102 (resized).jpeg347D7EE5-958B-4705-88C7-76EC52158102 (resized).jpeg67674D07-66B8-4EDA-BA39-11E957B019B4 (resized).jpeg67674D07-66B8-4EDA-BA39-11E957B019B4 (resized).jpeg
3 years later
#184 1 year ago
Quoted from plovis:

Fantastic. I will definitely check it out.
Just sat through "grave encounters", I gotta say, I keep giving found footage stuff a chance, and it is just not for me.
I remember you're a quantum leap fan, have you checked out the new series? Haven't seen any myself, and I'm always cautious about what remakes can do to some of my favorites. However, that one has always been one that has screamed for a second chance.

Just started the new Quantum Leap and so far I am digging it. Will at least watch the 1st season and have a better idea how it feels vs the original.

#185 1 year ago

Looking forward to Halloween Ends…..at this point I may as well see what “may” be the last one.

There are certain classic favorites I have seen way too many times so I look for odd/new stuff…Terrifier 2 just came out and it is actually playing nearby but limited showings and will have to wait and stream it later….I enjoyed the first one. That clown is creepy for sure.

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from plovis:

Yeah, unfortunately thats kind of what I was afraid of. I'll still likely check it out at some point, but mostly whenever there a remake of some staple of my younger days (see Point Break, and I'm dreading to think about what they're going to do with Road House) its way off the mark.
Although interestingly, I was looking through older reviews and saw one for the Fright Night remake with Colin Farrell a few years ago. Didn't bother back then because I just assumed it would suck, but the review was actually pretty positive. Maybe I'll give it a try just to have a reason to be pissed at myself.

The remake of Fright Night was actually good. It’s not too campy but definitely worth watching. I agree that most of the shows/movies that are remakes/reboots are awful…as mentioned Point Break was horrible. I also thought the remakes of Footloose and Flat Liners we’re not good either there are just some movies/shows that should be left alone.

Back to Halloween stuff…….don’t want to derail this thread with too much non Halloween/horror talk.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Anyone catch the latest jeepers creepers movie yet? The ratings look abysmal, unfortuantely.

The first Jeepers Creepers was OK….the rest pretty much are horrible.

A better movie IMO is Joy Ride…Paul Walker is in it and it’s actually a good flick.

Another thing with horror movies that makes a difference is what you prefer…suspense/scares or full on gore….I tend to enjoy more of the suspense and twists of a good story versus a predictable slasher flick….an example is the first Saw movie was great. It had a unique twist. The rest of the series just went for gore…it lost the charm of the first movie.

While not a movie the new Chucky TV series is OK if you enjoyed the Child’s Play movies.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities looks promising (starts on 10/25). Any other upcoming releases you're looking forward to?

I plan to check it out!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-favorite-halloween-movies?tu=Pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.