(Topic ID: 252384)

What are your favorite Halloween movies?

By ForceFlow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 8.56.43 PM (resized).png
Elvira’s-Haunted-Hills-692x1024 (resized).jpg
713uuaLPkfL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
elviria (resized).jpg
IMG_6582 (resized).png
D3B66E06-5256-439B-9855-6690C15F655F (resized).jpeg
F2A947DE-12BB-436F-B26B-465464162B31 (resized).jpeg
5EC618BA-BFA4-445B-A07A-439DAEA87212 (resized).jpeg
 Frankenhooker (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
9892F69C-44B2-4DF4-B1B2-165932A7128B (resized).jpeg
0_EuAyvh3vyjUL8vtv (resized).png
Prince-of-Darkness-1-600x847 (resized).jpg
pod1-768x438 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191031_183756040 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 4 years ago

LOTS of great movie suggestions so far in this thread. Here are some that I remember liking.
Timecrimes 2007 (resized).jpgTimecrimes 2007 (resized).jpgSplinter 2008 (resized).jpgSplinter 2008 (resized).jpgBlood Punch (resized).jpgBlood Punch (resized).jpgCoherence 2013 (resized).jpgCoherence 2013 (resized).jpg30 Days of Night (resized).jpg30 Days of Night (resized).jpgThe Signal 2007 (resized).jpgThe Signal 2007 (resized).jpgFeast 2005 (resized).jpgFeast 2005 (resized).jpgThe Blob 1988 (resized).jpgThe Blob 1988 (resized).jpgDetention 2011 (resized).jpgDetention 2011 (resized).jpgDeep Rising 1998 (resized).jpgDeep Rising 1998 (resized).jpgShaun of the Dead (resized).jpgShaun of the Dead (resized).jpgEvent Horizon (resized).jpgEvent Horizon (resized).jpgThe Crazies 2010 (resized).jpgThe Crazies 2010 (resized).jpgTFTC Demon Knight (resized).jpgTFTC Demon Knight (resized).jpgAn American Werweolf in London (resized).jpgAn American Werweolf in London (resized).jpgKiller Klowns (resized).jpgKiller Klowns (resized).jpgTime Lapse 2014 (resized).jpgTime Lapse 2014 (resized).jpgMartyrs 2008 (resized).jpgMartyrs 2008 (resized).jpgDog Soldiers (resized).jpgDog Soldiers (resized).jpgSession 9 (resized).jpgSession 9 (resized).jpgThe Revenant 2009 (resized).jpgThe Revenant 2009 (resized).jpgSeverance 2006 (resized).jpgSeverance 2006 (resized).jpg
Dead Alive 1992 (resized).jpgDead Alive 1992 (resized).jpg

Grabbers 2012 (resized).jpgGrabbers 2012 (resized).jpg
#56 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

You just can't beat true Aussie horror, let alone our drop bears ( that would be a great movie )
My two favourites that are a MUST watch[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, you Aussies make some good horror flicks!

It's been a LONG time since I saw Dust Devil, but I think it was good? I remember liking Richard Stanley's Hardware as well, but I haven't seen it in decades. I also remember watching two Aussie crocodile movies that came out around the same time: Black Water and Rogue. I don't remember any specifics at this point, but I think at least one of those was good...maybe both? I remember liking Undead (2003). Started to watch Wyrmwood, but got interrupted and never finished it. Should I give it a second chance? A lot of people loved Babadook, but I didn't care for it. I know I watched The Loved Ones years ago, but I can't remember if I liked it or not.

I've thought about watching Long Weekend (1978), but it looks pretty cheesy. Wake in Fright (1971) is another I've considered watching, but haven't at this point.

PS: Not really horror, but a BIG "Thumbs Up" for Mad Max, etc.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Good fun scary obscure movie I like is The Cube:

If you want to be actually scared, watch The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. My wife wanted me to watch it so I did. Great acting, great directing, good story. But now I wake up in the middle of the night and see the Bent Neck Lady. That show is intense. I watched most of it during the daytime, and made sure to stand against a wall so no one could sneak up on me.

Cube was such a great surprise! Back in the day, I remember going to my local video store and seeing the Cube box on the shelf. It looked interesting, and the synopsis sounded intriguing so I rented it...not knowing anything else about it. After watching it, I was blown away! I wonder if it still holds up today? I need to go back and re-watch it!

NOTE: There were at least a couple of Cube sequels that I remember watching. I'm not sure if they were as good as the original, but I think they were still pretty good?

#61 4 years ago

I've been BURNT OUT by too many zombie movies. However, the recent zombie series "Black Summer" surprised me a lot. I really liked it! The UK zombie series "Dead Set (2008)" was really good too!
Black Summer (resized).jpgBlack Summer (resized).jpgDead Set (resized).jpgDead Set (resized).jpg

#65 4 years ago

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I LOVED Misfits and the first 3 series of Being Human. Had not heard of Utopia, thank you!

Where is Jessica Hyde?

#70 4 years ago

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel is not a "horror" movie, but there's arguably a bit of horror in there. It's mostly a nerdy, sci-fi, comedy flick. Whatever the case, I liked it a lot. Good times...check it out! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910554/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

#71 4 years ago

2 weeks later
#86 4 years ago

The Paul Lynde Halloween Special 1976!

#87 4 years ago
#89 4 years ago

I thought that Outlander (2008) was a really good (underrated?) monster flick.

#92 4 years ago

I remember liking The Host (2006) as a good monster flick?

#93 4 years ago

I Saw The Devil (2010) is another I remember being a good flick, but it was brutal.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Halfway through the four and a half hour ‘In Search of Darkness’ 80s horror documentary. I was a Kickstarter backer and the movie turned out fantastic.

I highly recommend picking it up when it’s available to the general public.

Haven't heard of it...but I'll have to check it out!

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Lots of awesome movies listed in this thread one of my favorites for this season is "Something Wicked This Way Comes" not bloody or overly scary just a really well made creepy vibe movie.

Agreed! SWTWC is very creepy and a very good movie! That head-chop scene was CRAZY for a PG movie back in the day!

#98 4 years ago

The Black Hole? Disney...going creepy/scary/scifi!?!

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

I'm with you, Forceflow, I really only get the horror bug in season.
I absolutely adore Theater of Blood- Vincent Price at his technicolor campiest! It can be gory in spots, but so over the top it's funny, he's so dramatic and so engaging. Diana Rigg is his side kick daughter in revenge and is as cool as she's ever been (save GoT). So much fun! Yes, Mr. Price rocks an afro!
For true suspense, I would recommend The Babadook. Wow. This is one that stays with you. At the climax, I said aloud (I was alone) "Why am I watching this? I hate this stuff!", but you are better for watching it because you reflect on what Babadook really is. Although that kid..

I heard lots of great things about Babadook before watching it. Hmmm, I didn't care much for it. Maybe, I just didn't get it? (However...that crazy kid...WOW!)

#110 4 years ago

Happy Halloween 2019! I just re-watched Trick r' Treat (2007). It's not my favorite horror movie, but it's my favorite Halloween horror movie. Supposedly, Trick r' Treat 2 (by the same writer/director) is in the works. Bring it on!

(NOTE: There's a lot of stuff that is rewarding to the viewer when watching Trick r' Treat a second time!)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-favorite-halloween-movies?tu=CaptK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.