Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1379 (002) (resized).jpg
s-l640 (resized).jpg
107820A7-E570-4393-9774-274819C7717C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 3 years ago

If you like books set in different times I recommend the Kingsbridge series by Ken Follett, starts with Pillars of the Earth which is a really long book at was made into a mini-series on Starz in the US. He writes a lot of books set in different times and the Trilogy Series is quite good but many of his others, while not actually series are all great period pieces too. A Dangerous Fortune, A Place Called Freedom, The Key to Rebecca and multiple others are all set in some period in history. He does tend to have some weird sex scenes in his books so if that is an issue you should avoid them but it's never terribly graphic or the focus of the stories.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Now that's something I never would have stumbled across on my own, but it sounds terribly interesting. Hmm, am I up for a thousand-page book?

Oh yeah, read The Dark Tower a couple times. I tried Harry Potter when my daughter was younger but we just couldn't get into it. I found it to be very derivative and not particularly well written.
I know, I just made a bajillion Harry Potter fans shoot death lasers out of their eyeballs.

It's really, really good and will suck you in pretty quickly. Might want to start with one of his shorter books to see if you like his style though, I've read just about everything he's written starting with Eye of the Needle a long time ago.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-favorite-book-series?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.