Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pin-Geo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

What are your Best Top 5 Williams DMD games. I am focusing my game room around the Williams DMD games that can accept the ColorDMD upgrade.
    Please list your top 5 games you recommend.

I currently have these:
    Williams Indiana Jones pinball Adventure, Getaway High Speed 2 and Whitewater.

Thanks,
    Dave

#2 3 years ago

Indiana Jones
    Medieval madness
    Corvette
    Star Trek the next generation
    Shadow

I could list WAY more tbh

#3 3 years ago

I would recommend not limiting yourself to just Williams. It seems counter-productive when you can get other great games and have a varied collection that would hold your interest longer.

I would also mention that some pins are technically "bally/williams," so I am not sure if you want to restrict yourself in that way either.

At any rate, if you must have the top 5 williams games, here you go:

Medieval Madness
    Monster Bash
    Indiana Jones
    Star Trek the Next Generation
    Tales of the Arabian Nights

Honorable mention:
    White water
    BSD
    Fish Tales
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Congo

#4 3 years ago

Just a thought, but why not go Bally as well?

8 months later
    #5 3 years ago

I would love a cactus canyon, but never ever see them for sale and when they do they are 2nd Mortgage territory.

#6 3 years ago

Shadow
    AFM
    Whitewater
    STNG
    MM

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Shadow
    AFM
    Whitewater
    STNG
    MM

Trade Whitewater for MB and that’s my list as well.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Golgotha:

I would love a cactus canyon, but never ever see them for sale and when they do they are 2nd Mortgage territory.

Not for long....

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

Trade Whitewater for MB and that’s my list as well.

MB is great, but not difficult enough for my longterm love

Whitewater is much harder (same with Shadow)

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Golgotha:

Someone offered me one for trade for my creech (did not discuss cost). I wouldn't. With the chances of a re-release the originals will take a hit in value.

I would also avoid getting all williams. They made good games. They are all the same era with similar style rulesets. They all have the same feel. Each manufacturer has its own feel. It will give you a lot more longevity if you have more variety.

Besides, if we are going for 90s quality, Capcom > Everyone else.

#12 3 years ago
    #13 3 years ago

I love variety in designer and would recommend different pins from different folks that play different. Based off of your criteria I would recommend the following based on personal preference:

Ritchie: Star Trek, The Next Generation, High Speed 2
    Lawlor: Addams Family or Twilight Zone
    Eddy:Medieval Madness or Attack From Mars
    Nordman:White Water
    Mark Ritchie: Indiana Jones, Fish Tales

If money were no object, I'd go ST:TNG, Twilight Zone, Attack From Mars, White Water, Indiana Jones. This would give you a wide variety of very different playing games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-are-your-best-top-5-williams-dmd-games?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.